Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I thought William did carry out an investiture yesterday - From the CC

Later His Royal Highness, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Government House, Wellington.
So much for only the Governor General can do Investitures. :lol:

The profile of Prince William does indeed resemble the Duke of Edinburgh.

Last edited by a moderator:
British Royals ‏@britishroyals 32s
Kate apparently won the yacht race in Auckland! #RoyalVisitNZ

Duchess of Cambridge takes the wheel in Auckland Harbour. pic.twitter.com/dUGCiXQkwc
Kate secures the first race! #RoyalVisitNZ. And they're wasting no time - we're told the second race is imminent. pic.twitter.com/0OOz5l66z4
— RadioLIVE Newsroom (@LIVENewsDesk) April 11, 2014

Dash ‏@DashRoyal 2m
Don't forget, Kate worked as a deckhand on sailing boats in the Solent as a teenager...

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 7m
It's 2-0! Kate wins the second yacht race again! #RoyalVisitNZ

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 3m
"We were sabotaged," jokes Prince William after losing to Kate in yacht race #RoyalVisitNZ

Royal agenda for Saturday-
The Royals will fly back to Wellington tonight, where the Governor General says they will be staying for every night of their time in NZ. They will fly to Hamilton in the morning, where they are due to land just after 11am.

The Duke and Duchess will then go their seperate ways - Kate will visit Rainbow Place hospice while Will will visit Pacific Aerospace.

They will regroup at 12.45pm for a walk around Cambridge then head to the opening of the National Cycling Centre at 1.30pm.

Will we be online, curating the live blog of the tour from 9am.

- Nicky Park, Life & Style Editor

Last edited:
Thousands At Auckland Yacht Races.

Australian television crossed live as events unfolded in New Zealand throughout the day.

As well as the massive crowds - reported as "thousands" - lined along the waterfront, there were many people aboard the other vessels in Auckland Harbour.

The horns of the many yachts and boats went off as the Duchess', and then the Duke's, yachts sailed out.

The change of clothing was aboard a massive yacht named "Imagine" - which is on the web with photos of the interior where W and C disappeared for a while.

A reporter said the Duchess is "a very keen follower of competition sailing".

The Duke was reported as saying he would win, to which the Duchess was heard to say "in his dreams".

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. One of the Australian morning TV shows crossed to New Zealand to interview the people sailing with the Duke and Duchess.

Last edited:
PG Scores A Mini "Sealegs".

Little PG has got another present - a mini version of the "Sealegs" vessel the Duke and Duchess crossed Auckland Harbour on.

It was custome-made for Prince George and the Duke and Duchess are said to be "astounded" and can't wait to get it back to Kensington Palace.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. It's fully working.

Last edited:
Thought this paragraph in an article in the Queensland paper this morning may be of some interest. It appears as if this visit is considered more formal than the previous two tours that William and Kate have made, or perhaps how things are changing for them.

"Strict protocol notices have been sent to those attending and instruct guests to address the pair as Your Royal Highness – a different approach from their first two official tours to Canada, Asia and the Pacific during which the official advice was that they really didn’t mind how they were addressed. Bows and curtsies have also been prescribed for this visit."

Link to article.
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Last edited:
Per Rebecca English

@RE_DailyMail: The Duchess also told another mother that William was away ' a lot' when George was young but as a mum 'you just get by' #royaltour

["Strict protocol notices have been sent to those attending and instruct guests to address the pair as Your Royal Highness – a different approach from their first two official tours to Canada, Asia and the Pacific during which the official advice was that they really didn’t mind how they were addressed. Bows and curtsies have also been prescribed for this visit."

Link to article.
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail[/QUOTE]

I appreciate this. Some people, not used to Royalty, feel unsafe and uncertain and do not know what to do in royal presence. I think protocol might be helpful and can act as a guideline here.

["Strict protocol notices have been sent to those attending and instruct guests to address the pair as Your Royal Highness – a different approach from their first two official tours to Canada, Asia and the Pacific during which the official advice was that they really didn’t mind how they were addressed. Bows and curtsies have also been prescribed for this visit."

Link to article.
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

I appreciate this. Some people, not used to Royalty, feel unsafe and uncertain and do not know what to do in royal presence. I think protocol might be helpful and can act as a guideline here.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Kiwis got or read this note. I actually doubt that the note originated with the Cambridges. After all, the official site of the British Monarchy, http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRoyalFamily/GreetingamemberofTheRoyalFamily/Overview.aspx does not require that level of bow and scrape! Will and Kate generallly step up to people in official parties and offer a hand and often greet them by name (because they have been briefed beforehand).

Cepe Smith @CepeSmith · 15h ago
According to the Court Circular, William carried out an investiture at Government House yesterday #RoyalVisitNZ

sailing video
what a fun video to watch - especially when kate and william meet at the end of the race and kate cheekyly apologises for winning in an ironic manner to william!

in my opinion, the rumours of this being a more "formal" tour, of W+K becoming more "senior" royals and of the wish of the queen of portraying kate in a more senior manner and as the mother of a future monarch are true. so far, everything reported has been true: the lower hemlines, the more strict protocol, kate using some of the queen's jewels (so far, she wore the fern brooch loaned by the queen)...

Last edited by a moderator:
There were certainly no hard feelings between the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge today, even though she beat him in two yacht races around Auckland Harbour in New Zealand.

In fact, the body language between the Royal couple shows that their bond is stronger than ever.

After her victory against Prince William, the pair laughed and smiled together, and Kate even offered a look of sympathy as she patted her husband’s arm.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Kate and Wills, show they're very much in love | Mail Online

He may not yet be able to talk, but Prince George’s body language spoke volumes at his first royal ‘meet and greet’: and every movement revealed a baby destined to be King.
As an expert on body language – I’ve written 26 books on the subject – I’ve been following the royal family for over 30 years and I have been riveted by these images of George.
Clearly a calm, extremely sociable and very self-confident baby, he’s not just happy to be the centre of attention - he absolutely revels in it.

Prince George's body language revealed a baby destined to be King, says expert | Mail Online

Some [cropped] photos

All images have been cropped from much larger photographs and form 20% or less of the originals.

WilliamNZ.jpg

PrinceGeorgeNZ.jpg

PrinceGeorgeNZ2.jpg

sources
MailOnline
MailOnline

The first one- that is why I like William. Need I say more?
I think that little princess has found her prince charming.
And it seems to be mutual.:D

There were some cute moments during the boat race. Loved Kate's 'apology' to William.
That miniature boat for George is quite a gift!

You're welcome Muhler. :) That's true, my mother often tells me that when I was a baby (and young child), I acted like I was a Princess. There was one incident of me getting angry when my mother was holding another baby, because I wanted her for myself. :D :blush:

And I think a baby should be the center of its parents universe.
Later on, you have to teach them the world does not revolve around them, you don't want a spoiled kid, but in my opinion, better a little spoiled, then unloved.. Which is not the case with Kate and William obviously- they love George to the moon and back.

Some babies do have more of a "presence" than others, be they future King or permanent commoner. I've been to many a baby playgroup, and there are always those on the sidelines, clinging to a parent, whereas others just storm around amusing themselves and interacting with others. He does seem an uncommonly confident and extraverted boy, although he may be whiny and clingy the next time we see him.

The Cambridges to make history in Cambridge:
"Prince William and Kate will be the first Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to visit New Zealand's Cambridge, more than 150 years since it was named. The Waikato town isn't named after the British university city - instead, it's named after the 2nd Duke of Cambridge, George William Frederick Charles. The earlier Duke of Cambridge was Queen Victoria's first cousin and the commander in chief of the British army. Once Maori lived where Cambridge now is, 24km out of Hamilton and on the banks of the Waikato River. But during the land wars of the 1860s, British forces drove the Maori population out and set up camp in the area. They named it "Camp Cambridge" after their commander, the Duke of Cambridge at the time. In 1865, the British forces confiscated the area of Cambridge from Maori."
The Royals' day in Auckland - National - NZ Herald News

What the Royals are up to today:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are due to touch down in Hamilton at around 11.10am this morning. They will have a brief meeting with the mayor and MPs before they head their separate ways.

William will head to Pacific Aerospace while Kate will visit Rainbow Place hospice.

They will then regroup for a public walk around Cambridge at about 12.45pm before the opening of the National Cycling Centre at 1.30pm.

Check out the map for the best vantage points and stay tuned to our live blog for all the latest news, pics, video and social media bits.

- Nicky Park, Life & Style Editor
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11232364

Last edited:
Thanks, HereditaryPrincess :flowers:

What a load of nonsense. :lol:
All healthy children that age behave like they are the centre of the universe.

All children that age are the center of the universe in their families...or at least should be ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom