The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Courtier

Thanks Dman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Dash ‏@DashRoyal 4h
...And the Cambridges are now airborne! Safe flight!

Thanks Dman - I don't envy the media, so much gear. A lot of work ahead for them.

Does anyone know if they are changing planes in Sydney for New Zealand?

I've seen that mentioned - and that they are re-fuelling in Singapore.

Sunday afternoon here in Australia, so maybe there will be something on the evening news in a few hours.

Sun Lion.

P.S. Maybe they will be changing planes here in Sydney tomorrow morning.

Just saw some reports that the Royal party left Heathrow on a regular British Airways flight at 9.35pm UK time - which is what was being reported yesterday.

(Also that the group has all of the first class and a lot of the business class sections of the plane.)

Maybe some photos will come out - either Heathrow or here - before they arrive in Wellington.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

#royal interview with the 2 Wellington ladies who designed these for #Kate for her #royaltour @TORYandKO #bling pic.twitter.com/YzxqFzExEr
JB ‏@Royal_beans 9h 7:45 p.m. ET Sunday, special coverage on CBC News Network #royal #royaltour

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-06-2014, 02:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
#royal interview with the 2 Wellington ladies who designed these for #Kate for her #royaltour @TORYandKO #bling pic.twitter.com/YzxqFzExEr
JB ‏@Royal_beans 9h 7:45 p.m. ET Sunday, special coverage on CBC News Network #royal #royaltour
Those are gorgeous!! What is the Gemstone? Pink Topaz? Really, really stunning.

Thanks for the heads up about the CBC. Now I just need to remember it.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Baby Prince George heads Down Under for first tour
Yahoo news

Will we know which airport they will depart from (Like when they went to Candan & The United States it was Heathrows VIP lounge)?
Old 04-06-2014, 04:30 AM
Courtier

First Of The Evening News In Oz Confirming Cambridges On Way.

The first of the evening news shows in Australia has just been on, (Channel 10, 5.00pm, Sunday), and had a report that the "Cambridge family are in the air".

Footage from various people in Wellington New Zealand speaking about the Royal visitors and little children demonstrating their bows - "you have to bend in the middle".

I'm expecting the other TV channels at 6.00, 6.30 and 7.00pm will cover this as well.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. Channel 9, 6.00pm - a five minute report that included an interview with the New Zealand ladies who's jewellery has been chosen by the Duchess - and a look at a pair of the ear-rings - children painting Union Jacks, and a curstey demonstration from the little girl who will be presenting the bouquet at the Rainbow Place event.

Channel 7, 6.00pm - covering the costs of the Tour, giving us in Australia the time that the Royal party will touch down in Wellington, (it will be just before 10.00am Sydney time - there may be live footage on TV), some comments shown from random New Zealanders along Wellington's water front.

Each channel crossed to their Australian reporter who is now in Wellington - and I guess will be following the entire Tour.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Baby Prince George heads Down Under for first tour
Yahoo news

Will we know which airport they will depart from (Like when they went to Candan & The United States it was Heathrows VIP lounge)?
I imagine they departed from Heathrow last night.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Will be interesting to see if the crowds compare to how they were 31 years ago when William was about George's age.

LaRae
Old 04-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Courtier

Four Hunndred and Fifty Members Of Media Now Accredited For Tour.

Rob Jobson, amongst others on twitter, is saying there are now 450 media people who are officially accredited to the Royal Tour.

There is going to be a lot of coverage with so many surely.

Sun Lion.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

That is a big number considering how far away NZ and Australia are from Europe and North America.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
I guess will be following the entire Tour.
Sunlion - you are our FAVORITE reporter! They do make the handsomest flags "up-over"
Old 04-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Kate To Fulfil Ambition On Tour Down Under-
Kate To Fulfil Ambition On Tour Down Under

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Courtier

Japan Is Also Interested...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
That is a big number considering how far away NZ and Australia are from Europe and North America.

Japan is also interested Skippyboo - there are apparently media from there, to report back to their nation.

I've just seen another article referencing the 1983 Charles and Diana Tour, and it says no-one was expecting what happened then.

Police control had to be stepped up as the Tour progressed as an "element of hysteria" entered crowds.

Hundreds fainted and there were crowd surges!

Not sure if I should venture out when W and C are here.

Best Wishes, Sun Lion.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Courtier

Oz TV Reports May End Up On Internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Sunlion - you are our FAVORITE reporter! They do make the handsomest flags "up-over"

Hi AdmirerUS - I wouldn't be suprised if the Australian TV reports end up on the internet.

Channel 9 is ninmsn and Channel 7 is Yahoo! 7

I've seen SBS TV have quite a few reports - written, not video - on the SBS website.

I'm expecting we'll have the New Zealand arrival footage broadcast by our 11.00am news shows - as Oz is behind NZ time, so that should have happened by then.

And if anyone films them changing planes in the morning here in Australia, we'll be seeing that on the early news.

Cheers, Sun Lion.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Suites in colours of native birds and crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling: Inside New Zealand's Government House - the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's first stop on the royal tour-
Inside New Zealand's Government House - the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's first stop on the royal tour | Mail Online

Pictures:
TORY & KO Jewellers are honoured to announce Her Royal Highness The Duchess Of Cambridge has selected 4 pieces of TORY & KO. jewellery for her Royal Tour of New Zealand in April 2014.
• “Pretty Collection” Blue Topaz, Gold & Silver Bow Earrings
• “Bespoke Collection” Cultured Pearl and Diamond Necklace in 18ct White Gold
• “Bespoke Collection” Cultured Pearl and Diamond Earrings in 18ct White Gold
• “Pretty Collection” Citrine, Gold and Silver Bow Earrings
http://stunningkate.tumblr.com/post/...o-announce-her

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Question for the Aussie & Kiwi posters, do you have local tv stations like in America where you get news and weather for the city that you are nearest to and then there are the national news broadcast for the whole country from the networks or is like the UK where it's just the national networks ?
Old 04-06-2014, 11:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Question for the Aussie & Kiwi posters, do you have local tv stations like in America where you get news and weather for the city that you are nearest to and then there are the national news broadcast for the whole country from the networks or is like the UK where it's just the national networks ?
I can't speak for Australia, Skippyboo, but we do have regional broadcasters in the UK who give us local news and weather. There's STV in Scotland, UTV in NI etc as well as regional BBC news.

Dman, thank you for the info on the jewellery Kate has picked for NZ. I'm enjoying browsing Tory&Ko's website as we speak.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

The reason I was wondering about the news in Australia and NZ is that if they had local news on a city basis, then it would make sense that the news in Perth for example wouldn't have as much coverage as the news in Sydney since they aren't going to Perth but are to Sydney.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Nobility

We do have local news in each state and so I agree with you that is why there is less coverage in some Australian areas compared to Sydney. I haven't seen a lot in Brisbane as I don't watch morning tv and we have had a couple of very big local stories this week dominating the news. I expect to get a bit more now they are in New Zealand and to get a lot more coverage once they get to Australia.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

@ Sun Lion- can you tell me how many hours ahead Aussie and NZ are from Rapid River Michigan?
If I understand correctly if I want to see an event on the 12th there- I want to get on the eve of the 11th here, and so on?
How does one add a clock to the world clock on IPad - can you add 2?
Does one get charged? Does one have to be hooked to the net?
Old 04-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
@ Sun Lion- can you tell me how many hours ahead Aussie and NZ are from Rapid River Michigan?
If I understand correctly if I want to see an event on the 12th there- I want to get on the eve of the 11th here, and so on?
How does one add a clock to the world clock on IPad - can you add 2?
Does one get charged? Does one have to be hooked to the net?
Time Zone Converter – Time Difference Calculator

Tags
australia, cambridge, catherine, new zealand, william