The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Other than the fact, those jewels probably aren't at BP, it's just over a week until they leave those jewels (if she takes any, because nothing big is actually planned) will probably go from their current location straight to the airport.
Oh, I'm hoping that she will take some jewels on this trip.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-28-2014, 01:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Other than the fact, those jewels probably aren't at BP, it's just over a week until they leave those jewels (if she takes any, because nothing big is actually planned) will probably go from their current location straight to the airport.
I think that the fern and wattle brooches will be going on this trip. There are evening and state receptions which will require some dressing up as the dress code is "cocktail". Be positive - jewels just might happen.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

I would think anything with a origin from NZ and Australia in necklace or brooch form is possible.

I would think that some of the Queen's private jewelry is kept of at BP in a vault just for easy access. The Crown Jewels are at the Tower. If the personal jewels are in a bank vaults at Coutts or somewhere similar than someone has to be sent across London to get them.

The only commercial flight on the tour is to/from London to Australia . The rest are all military. The RPOs could easily carry the jewelry onto the plane and lock up the jewelry not being used that day in the govt houses that they are staying at.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I would think anything with a origin from NZ and Australia in necklace or brooch form is possible.

I would think that some of the Queen's private jewelry is kept of at BP in a vault just for easy access. The Crown Jewels are at the Tower. If the personal jewels are in a bank vaults at Coutts or somewhere similar than someone has to be sent across London to get them.

The only commercial flight on the tour is to/from London to Australia . The rest are all military. The RPOs could easily carry the jewelry onto the plane and lock up the jewelry not being used that day in the govt houses that they are staying at.
Royal jewellery, including tiaras, have travelled the world. I think the Queens jewels are kept at BP - Angela Kelly is responsible for the care of them (day to day) with support from the Royal Jeweller (he is the one who looks after the Crown Jewels).

Love a tour round the private "vault" (sighs)
Old 03-29-2014, 12:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

I say bring out the Cambridge Emeralds. She's the Duchess of Cambridge and I think she should be wearing those jewels.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-29-2014, 12:21 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I say bring out the Cambridge Emeralds. She's the Duchess of Cambridge and I think she should be wearing those jewels.
I can see pieces of jewelry going with the Cambridges on their tour to Australia and NZ that are significant to the countries but I really don't see Kate wearing any major pieces of jewelry such as the Cambridge emeralds. I can imagine that it is quite a headache to take such historical pieces overseas as they would really have to be very heavily insured along with probably having their own private protection officer who knows where they are at any given moment. One thing for sure, should she be taking any such pieces, it won't be made public as that's tempting fate a little too much.

I don't think I could relax and enjoy myself anywhere if I was wearing something as rare and valuable as some of the jewelry in the Queen's vault. I'd be so afraid that something was going to happen to them.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I can see pieces of jewelry going with the Cambridges on their tour to Australia and NZ that are significant to the countries but I really don't see Kate wearing any major pieces of jewelry such as the Cambridge emeralds. I can imagine that it is quite a headache to take such historical pieces overseas as they would really have to be very heavily insured along with probably having their own private protection officer who knows where they are at any given moment. One thing for sure, should she be taking any such pieces, it won't be made public as that's tempting fate a little too much.

I don't think I could relax and enjoy myself anywhere if I was wearing something as rare and valuable as some of the jewelry in the Queen's vault. I'd be so afraid that something was going to happen to them.
Catherine's assistant, Rebecca Deacon will take care all of that. She could also make use of her mother-in-laws Saudi Arabian Sapphire Suite.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-29-2014, 12:50 AM
Serene Highness

Brisbane Reception Guests Revealed...

...One of the Queensland newspapers, "The Courier Mail", today released the names of several of the invited guests for the 2.00pm April 19th Reception, being held at the Brisbane Convention Centre, for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Amongst the two hundred and twenty four people invited, will be entrepreneurs, school captains and footballers.

A young male, and a young female, member of the armed forces - who've served in Iraq and in Afganistan - will also be present.

The dress code for the event will be day dresses and business suits.

You can read the article on the internet under "Gala list drawn up" etc., by Jason Tin.

Sun Lion.

P.S. Former Governor-General Dame Quentin Bryce will not be missing out on seeing W and C, as she is a Queenslander, and as such is among the twelve VIPs invited to this function.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:13 AM
Serene Highness

New Neighbours For W & C Just Moved In This Week...

...Front page, and double-page spread inside, today's Sydney newspaper about the Prime Minister of Australia moving into Kirribilli House this week.

That means that when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are staying at Admiralty House, they will be just across the lawn.

Mr Abbott has been sleeping at the Police Academy in Canberra since coming into power and he has only reluctantly now moved to Kirribilli because of security.

(The official residence in Canberra is under-going major repairs, and in any case Mrs Prime Minister of Australia is a working woman, and her job is here in Sydney.)

Actually, I'm only a few streets away from both residences, so maybe I should have headed my post, "New Neighbours For Me...W, C & PM."

Cheers, Sun Lion.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Do you remember everything the royals do?

A new picture for the upcoming royal tour!
https://twitter.com/WWKD_Official/st...993857/photo/1

Taken by Jason Bell outside a window a Kensington Palace Apartment 1A.
They still both look like plastic manequins and it is so photoshopped! It's nice to see George, even if he's sideways looking. I never understand why animals are included in pictures, but then I'm not fond of animals.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:51 PM
Serene Highness

Detailed NZ Timetable Now Online...

A detailed timetable for New Zealand is now online.

I can't post the link, but it is headed "Where you can see the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge" - "TVNZ One News".

Are there any New Zealand posters on The Royal Forums? - I haven't seen any.

This schedule gives the best vantage points for the public and is down to the minute.

Cheers, Sun Lion.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:52 PM
Serene Highness

Gifts vs Mementos on Royal Tour.

I'm not sure about Australia, but a New Zealand official has been reported as saying gifts for the Duke, Duchess and baby Prince on their upcoming Royal Tour of that country are discouraged.

Mementos however will accompany the Cambridges when they return to the UK.

(Sorry, no, I can't explain the difference.)

A toy company is trying to give PG a current version of the "Buzzy Bee" that his father Prince William recieved when he was in New Zealand as a baby in 1983, but are running into issues with the strict protocol rules currently in place.

And reports are coming out about the nurseries young Prince George will occupy in Wellington, Admiralty House and Canberra.

Supposedly he is bringing his nappy supply with him - but then maybe he has a favourtie brand he can't get down-under.

Sun Lion.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Martin ‏@WindsorEditor 6h
The Cambridges will be arriving in Wellington next Monday at 11.45am local time (11.45pm UK time) - they're travelling by RNZAF aircraft.

Martin ‏@WindsorEditor 6h
They’ll go straight to Government House to meet @GovGeneralNZ and receive ceremonial welcome, including a Maori Powhiri and Guard of Honour.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-31-2014, 01:14 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I can imagine that on this tour, the Cambridges would be swamped with folks that want to give them something - especially something for George. They would probably need a dozen people there to help collect the stuff. I think the mementos would be gifts presented to them by the GG or officials on behalf of the people of the country and just make it a whole lot easier all the way around.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:41 AM
Serene Highness

George's Jumper.

Little Prince George's "George" jumper, from "Johnstons of Elgin" - although said to be made of cashmere - is from this company, which Prince Charles supports, which uses Australian and New Zealand wool.

(Prince Charles has been supporting the wool industry for a while.)

I wonder if that is why this cute outfit was chosen for the official Oz/NZ Royal Tour photo - rather than the Union Jack jumper we've heard he owns.

Sun Lion.

P.S. Have you seen the official word that this is to be referred to as a "Royal Tour" and not a "Visit".
Old 03-31-2014, 03:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
A detailed timetable for New Zealand is now online.

I can't post the link, but it is headed "Where you can see the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge" - "TVNZ One News".

Are there any New Zealand posters on The Royal Forums? - I haven't seen any.

This schedule gives the best vantage points for the public and is down to the minute.

Cheers, Sun Lion.
Link to TVNZ One News Royal Tour schedule:
Where you can see the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - One News | TVNZ
Old 03-31-2014, 06:59 AM
Serene Highness

Royalty At The Sydney Royal Easter Show.

I've just got around to flipping through the special - sixty-four pages! - Show Guide that came free in Sunday's newspaper, and there is a bit about William and Catherine attending this year on Good Friday morning.

A couple of black and white photos from past Royal visits - The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Charles near the dodgem cars!- and a list of previous Royal attendances -

The Queen Mum and King George VI - in 1927, when they were the Duke and Duchess of York.

Princess Alexandra in 1959.

The Queen, Princes Philip and Charles and Princess Anne altogether in 1970.

Prince Philip in 1971 - where he did the Official Opening.

Prince Charles in 1981 - where he did the Official Opening.

Princess Anne in 1988 - where she did the Official Opening.

(Prince William will not be doing the Official Opening on Good Friday - it will be on the Saturday, and done by the NSW Governor Marie Bashir.)

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. Thank you for posting the link Valerie Rose. I hope Australia gets as much detailed info for the public as New Zealand has now got.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:30 PM
Serene Highness

Update "George" Jumper.

[QUOTE=Sun Lion;1652620]Little Prince George's "George" jumper, from "Johnstons of Elgin" - although said to be made of cashmere - is from this company, which Prince Charles supports, which uses Australian and New Zealand wool.

(Prince Charles has been supporting the wool industry for a while.)

I wonder if that is why this cute outfit was chosen for the official Oz/NZ Royal Tour photo - rather than the Union Jack jumper we've heard he owns.

Sun Lion.

P.S. Have you seen the official word that this is to be referred to as a "Royal Tour" and not a "Visit"[QUOTE]

A new report says little PG's "George" jumper was made by Corgi Hosiery - all reports have it as a gift from Prince Charles.

Sun Lion.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Dash ‏@DashRoyal 4h
...And the Cambridges are now airborne! Safe flight!

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Serene Highness

Pressies For PG.

Little Prince George will be scoring some nice things on his big trip.

The Royal New Zealand Air Force are going to present the Duke and Duchess with a merino wool cardigan for him - amongst other things.

And New Zealand's Dept of Internal Affairs will be giving a children's book, "Le Quesnoy:The Story of the Town New Zealand Saved".

Not to forget Manly's surf-board and who knows what other items by the time the Tour is done.

Australia's on-the-spot TV reporters are in position in Wellingston, and broadcast back to Oz this morning.

It is expected that the Duchess will alight the plane there, in an New Zealand outfit - as an aide from the UK was in the country, on a shopping trip, not long ago.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Tags
australia, cambridge, catherine, new zealand, william