Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the fact, those jewels probably aren't at BP, it's just over a week until they leave those jewels (if she takes any, because nothing big is actually planned) will probably go from their current location straight to the airport.

Oh, I'm hoping that she will take some jewels on this trip.

Other than the fact, those jewels probably aren't at BP, it's just over a week until they leave those jewels (if she takes any, because nothing big is actually planned) will probably go from their current location straight to the airport.

I think that the fern and wattle brooches will be going on this trip. There are evening and state receptions which will require some dressing up as the dress code is "cocktail". Be positive - jewels just might happen.

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

I would think anything with a origin from NZ and Australia in necklace or brooch form is possible.

I would think that some of the Queen's private jewelry is kept of at BP in a vault just for easy access. The Crown Jewels are at the Tower. If the personal jewels are in a bank vaults at Coutts or somewhere similar than someone has to be sent across London to get them.

The only commercial flight on the tour is to/from London to Australia . The rest are all military. The RPOs could easily carry the jewelry onto the plane and lock up the jewelry not being used that day in the govt houses that they are staying at.

I would think anything with a origin from NZ and Australia in necklace or brooch form is possible.

I would think that some of the Queen's private jewelry is kept of at BP in a vault just for easy access. The Crown Jewels are at the Tower. If the personal jewels are in a bank vaults at Coutts or somewhere similar than someone has to be sent across London to get them.

The only commercial flight on the tour is to/from London to Australia . The rest are all military. The RPOs could easily carry the jewelry onto the plane and lock up the jewelry not being used that day in the govt houses that they are staying at.

Royal jewellery, including tiaras, have travelled the world. I think the Queens jewels are kept at BP - Angela Kelly is responsible for the care of them (day to day) with support from the Royal Jeweller (he is the one who looks after the Crown Jewels).

Love a tour round the private "vault" (sighs)

I say bring out the Cambridge Emeralds. She's the Duchess of Cambridge and I think she should be wearing those jewels.

I say bring out the Cambridge Emeralds. She's the Duchess of Cambridge and I think she should be wearing those jewels.

I can see pieces of jewelry going with the Cambridges on their tour to Australia and NZ that are significant to the countries but I really don't see Kate wearing any major pieces of jewelry such as the Cambridge emeralds. I can imagine that it is quite a headache to take such historical pieces overseas as they would really have to be very heavily insured along with probably having their own private protection officer who knows where they are at any given moment. One thing for sure, should she be taking any such pieces, it won't be made public as that's tempting fate a little too much.

I don't think I could relax and enjoy myself anywhere if I was wearing something as rare and valuable as some of the jewelry in the Queen's vault. I'd be so afraid that something was going to happen to them.

I can see pieces of jewelry going with the Cambridges on their tour to Australia and NZ that are significant to the countries but I really don't see Kate wearing any major pieces of jewelry such as the Cambridge emeralds. I can imagine that it is quite a headache to take such historical pieces overseas as they would really have to be very heavily insured along with probably having their own private protection officer who knows where they are at any given moment. One thing for sure, should she be taking any such pieces, it won't be made public as that's tempting fate a little too much.

I don't think I could relax and enjoy myself anywhere if I was wearing something as rare and valuable as some of the jewelry in the Queen's vault. I'd be so afraid that something was going to happen to them.

Catherine's assistant, Rebecca Deacon will take care all of that. She could also make use of her mother-in-laws Saudi Arabian Sapphire Suite.

Last edited:
Brisbane Reception Guests Revealed...

...One of the Queensland newspapers, "The Courier Mail", today released the names of several of the invited guests for the 2.00pm April 19th Reception, being held at the Brisbane Convention Centre, for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Amongst the two hundred and twenty four people invited, will be entrepreneurs, school captains and footballers.

A young male, and a young female, member of the armed forces - who've served in Iraq and in Afganistan - will also be present.

The dress code for the event will be day dresses and business suits.

You can read the article on the internet under "Gala list drawn up" etc., by Jason Tin.

Sun Lion.

P.S. Former Governor-General Dame Quentin Bryce will not be missing out on seeing W and C, as she is a Queenslander, and as such is among the twelve VIPs invited to this function.

Last edited:
New Neighbours For W & C Just Moved In This Week...

...Front page, and double-page spread inside, today's Sydney newspaper about the Prime Minister of Australia moving into Kirribilli House this week.

That means that when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are staying at Admiralty House, they will be just across the lawn.

Mr Abbott has been sleeping at the Police Academy in Canberra since coming into power and he has only reluctantly now moved to Kirribilli because of security.

(The official residence in Canberra is under-going major repairs, and in any case Mrs Prime Minister of Australia is a working woman, and her job is here in Sydney.)

Actually, I'm only a few streets away from both residences, so maybe I should have headed my post, "New Neighbours For Me...W, C & PM."

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Do you remember everything the royals do? :whistling:

A new picture for the upcoming royal tour!
https://twitter.com/WWKD_Official/status/450029034655993857/photo/1

Taken by Jason Bell outside a window a Kensington Palace Apartment 1A.
They still both look like plastic manequins and it is so photoshopped! It's nice to see George, even if he's sideways looking. I never understand why animals are included in pictures, but then I'm not fond of animals.

Last edited:
Detailed NZ Timetable Now Online...

A detailed timetable for New Zealand is now online.

I can't post the link, but it is headed "Where you can see the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge" - "TVNZ One News".

Are there any New Zealand posters on The Royal Forums? - I haven't seen any.

This schedule gives the best vantage points for the public and is down to the minute.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Gifts vs Mementos on Royal Tour.

I'm not sure about Australia, but a New Zealand official has been reported as saying gifts for the Duke, Duchess and baby Prince on their upcoming Royal Tour of that country are discouraged.

Mementos however will accompany the Cambridges when they return to the UK.

(Sorry, no, I can't explain the difference.)

A toy company is trying to give PG a current version of the "Buzzy Bee" that his father Prince William recieved when he was in New Zealand as a baby in 1983, but are running into issues with the strict protocol rules currently in place.

And reports are coming out about the nurseries young Prince George will occupy in Wellington, Admiralty House and Canberra.

Supposedly he is bringing his nappy supply with him :lol: - but then maybe he has a favourtie brand he can't get down-under.

Sun Lion.

Martin ‏@WindsorEditor 6h
The Cambridges will be arriving in Wellington next Monday at 11.45am local time (11.45pm UK time) - they're travelling by RNZAF aircraft.

Martin ‏@WindsorEditor 6h
They’ll go straight to Government House to meet @GovGeneralNZ and receive ceremonial welcome, including a Maori Powhiri and Guard of Honour.

I can imagine that on this tour, the Cambridges would be swamped with folks that want to give them something - especially something for George. They would probably need a dozen people there to help collect the stuff. I think the mementos would be gifts presented to them by the GG or officials on behalf of the people of the country and just make it a whole lot easier all the way around.

George's Jumper.

Little Prince George's "George" jumper, from "Johnstons of Elgin" - although said to be made of cashmere - is from this company, which Prince Charles supports, which uses Australian and New Zealand wool.

(Prince Charles has been supporting the wool industry for a while.)

I wonder if that is why this cute outfit was chosen for the official Oz/NZ Royal Tour photo - rather than the Union Jack jumper we've heard he owns.

Sun Lion.

P.S. Have you seen the official word that this is to be referred to as a "Royal Tour" and not a "Visit".

Last edited:
Royalty At The Sydney Royal Easter Show.

I've just got around to flipping through the special - sixty-four pages! - Show Guide that came free in Sunday's newspaper, and there is a bit about William and Catherine attending this year on Good Friday morning.

A couple of black and white photos from past Royal visits - The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Charles near the dodgem cars!- and a list of previous Royal attendances -

The Queen Mum and King George VI - in 1927, when they were the Duke and Duchess of York.

Princess Alexandra in 1959.

The Queen, Princes Philip and Charles and Princess Anne altogether in 1970.

Prince Philip in 1971 - where he did the Official Opening.

Prince Charles in 1981 - where he did the Official Opening.

Princess Anne in 1988 - where she did the Official Opening.

(Prince William will not be doing the Official Opening on Good Friday - it will be on the Saturday, and done by the NSW Governor Marie Bashir.)

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. Thank you for posting the link Valerie Rose. I hope Australia gets as much detailed info for the public as New Zealand has now got.

Update "George" Jumper.

Little Prince George's "George" jumper, from "Johnstons of Elgin" - although said to be made of cashmere - is from this company, which Prince Charles supports, which uses Australian and New Zealand wool.

(Prince Charles has been supporting the wool industry for a while.)

I wonder if that is why this cute outfit was chosen for the official Oz/NZ Royal Tour photo - rather than the Union Jack jumper we've heard he owns.

Sun Lion.

P.S. Have you seen the official word that this is to be referred to as a "Royal Tour" and not a "Visit"
A new report says little PG's "George" jumper was made by Corgi Hosiery - all reports have it as a gift from Prince Charles.

Sun Lion.

Pressies For PG.

Little Prince George will be scoring some nice things on his big trip.

The Royal New Zealand Air Force are going to present the Duke and Duchess with a merino wool cardigan for him - amongst other things.

And New Zealand's Dept of Internal Affairs will be giving a children's book, "Le Quesnoy:The Story of the Town New Zealand Saved".

Not to forget Manly's surf-board and who knows what other items by the time the Tour is done.

Australia's on-the-spot TV reporters are in position in Wellingston, and broadcast back to Oz this morning.

It is expected that the Duchess will alight the plane there, in an New Zealand outfit - as an aide from the UK was in the country, on a shopping trip, not long ago.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Thanks Dman...

Dash ‏@DashRoyal 4h
...And the Cambridges are now airborne! Safe flight!

Behind the scenes of the first royal tour live shot - YouTube

Thanks Dman - I don't envy the media, so much gear. A lot of work ahead for them.

Does anyone know if they are changing planes in Sydney for New Zealand?

I've seen that mentioned - and that they are re-fuelling in Singapore.

Sunday afternoon here in Australia, so maybe there will be something on the evening news in a few hours.

Sun Lion.

P.S. Maybe they will be changing planes here in Sydney tomorrow morning.

Just saw some reports that the Royal party left Heathrow on a regular British Airways flight at 9.35pm UK time - which is what was being reported yesterday.

(Also that the group has all of the first class and a lot of the business class sections of the plane.)

Maybe some photos will come out - either Heathrow or here - before they arrive in Wellington.

Last edited:
Baby Prince George heads Down Under for first tour
Yahoo news

Will we know which airport they will depart from (Like when they went to Candan & The United States it was Heathrows VIP lounge)?

First Of The Evening News In Oz Confirming Cambridges On Way.

The first of the evening news shows in Australia has just been on, (Channel 10, 5.00pm, Sunday), and had a report that the "Cambridge family are in the air".

Footage from various people in Wellington New Zealand speaking about the Royal visitors and little children demonstrating their bows - "you have to bend in the middle".

I'm expecting the other TV channels at 6.00, 6.30 and 7.00pm will cover this as well.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. Channel 9, 6.00pm - a five minute report that included an interview with the New Zealand ladies who's jewellery has been chosen by the Duchess - and a look at a pair of the ear-rings - children painting Union Jacks, and a curstey demonstration from the little girl who will be presenting the bouquet at the Rainbow Place event.

Channel 7, 6.00pm - covering the costs of the Tour, giving us in Australia the time that the Royal party will touch down in Wellington, (it will be just before 10.00am Sydney time - there may be live footage on TV), some comments shown from random New Zealanders along Wellington's water front.

Each channel crossed to their Australian reporter who is now in Wellington - and I guess will be following the entire Tour.

Last edited:
Baby Prince George heads Down Under for first tour
Yahoo news

Will we know which airport they will depart from (Like when they went to Candan & The United States it was Heathrows VIP lounge)?

I imagine they departed from Heathrow last night.

Will be interesting to see if the crowds compare to how they were 31 years ago when William was about George's age.

LaRae

Four Hunndred and Fifty Members Of Media Now Accredited For Tour.

Rob Jobson, amongst others on twitter, is saying there are now 450 media people who are officially accredited to the Royal Tour.

There is going to be a lot of coverage with so many surely.

Sun Lion.

That is a big number considering how far away NZ and Australia are from Europe and North America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom