The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-15-2014, 06:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Only a bit of drizzle now at the Porirua Police College where things are about to get underway pic.twitter.com/cKilQFDdqU

Live Coverage Is Now On-
http://www.livestation.com/reuters?source=redirect

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a skirt suit by New Zealand designer Rebecca Taylor in Wellington today.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 42s
Over here in Australia, support for a republic has slumped to its lowest level for more than three decades ahead of the royal visit.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
...I tripped in my home early Sunday morning and smashed up the bones in my arm...
A speedy recovery to the TRF Down Under Royal Correspondent!

Old 04-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Serene Highness

Reuters carrying on splendidly with their live coverage of every floor trodden on by the Duke and Duchess whilst in New Zealand...

I'm looking forward to in depth coverage of Australian flooring in the next few days ! No doubt it will be riveting...
Old 04-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Holding some puppies at the police academy
http://31.media.tumblr.com/0e948c526...8qqo1_1280.jpg
Old 04-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Holding some puppies at the police academy
http://31.media.tumblr.com/0e948c526...8qqo1_1280.jpg
Awww...:
Old 04-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Courtier

yep they're getting the floor and feet again!

I am NOT impressed with the live coverage...
Old 04-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, at least the floors are clean.

The scene at Civic Square-
Hundreds of Wellingtonians have risked a right royal drenching to catch a glimpse of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge during the final walkabout of their New Zealand visit.

Rain has seemingly followed the royal couple on every walkabout of their tour, and today's event at Wellington's Civic Square looks set to be no exception. Steady rain has been pouring in the capital all morning and was only just starting to ease with 40 minutes to go.

The couple are not due to arrive at the square until 11.25am, but already hundreds of hardy royal-watchers have gathered to catch a glimpse. Among them were a group of Samuel Marsden Collegiate students who had been waiting in the dark since 6am with a tarpaulin.

The girls - Annabel Johnstone, 15, Alexandra Buchanan, 14, Beatrice Hooper, 16, Ellie Beverley, 16, and Florence Marshall, 16 - had taken sick leave to see the royals. They were drenched but had stuck around because "we're die-hard royalists". It squelched when they walked but it would all be worth it, they said. The girls chose their spot because it was opposite a wall and "they have to come over and talk to us". "It was basically empty when we arrived," said one. Although drenched themselves, the girls agreed they felt sorry for the royals because of the "horrible weather".

Also at the square were Wellington East school students Kirana Gaeta, 14, and Olivia Keay, 16, who had been waiting near the entrance of the square since 8am. Both had the day off school, although Olivia had to return after the royal visit. Kirana had been thinking about what she might say to the royals "for ages" but still didn't know. "I don't want to make a fool of myself." Olivia said: "I'll probably start crying." If they didn't get to speak to the couple, the girls wanted a photo or "even a glimpse of them".
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11232364

Video:
William & Catherine cuddle with police puppies.
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/prin...-video-5933530

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2m
William & Kate have left the Police College & are heading toward Civic Square to greet waiting crowds #RoyalVisitNZ

Civic Square is filling up
#RoyalVisitNZ birds eye viewpic.twitter.com/n0ytsAlMmx
— Angela Meyer (@candylecoque) April 15, 2014
Plunket New Zealand@PlunketNZ 2m
Big Blue is outside waiting or the Duke & Duchess! #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/LaKez8c4Ea

Cute levels rise: tiny children chosen to stand in Royals' way and be adorable. Even cops impressed. #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/EiT5592Pcp

Live Video Coverage:
http://www.livestation.com/reuters?source=redirect

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-15-2014, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Dear Wartenberg,
As Baroness suggested, my "wink" icon after my remark meant I was speaking tongue in cheek, and referring to, as hereditary princess said, several earlier posts by an Australian member who suggested nobody was interested.
It was a bit of an inside joke, which I normally do not do, and I'm sorry for the confusion. Thank you to the above posters, you can speak for me anytime!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

"It is the first and only time the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have had a walkabout without rain during their visit to New Zealand.

The couple stopped to sign a visitors' book near the main entrance to the Wellington Town Hall.

A woman asked William when he was having another baby to which he replied: ``Oh you never know, give it time.''"
Live Blog: Royal visit to NZ - National - NZ Herald News

"Duke and Duchess leave Civic Square
Their departure marks the end of their official dutues in New Zealand."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11232364

Their Royal Highnesses should be on their way to the airport and fly to Australia to kick off their official tour there.

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2m
William & Kate have left Civic Square. They depart for Sydney via Royal Australian Air Force flight at 1pm. Can't wait to see George again!

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know what Big Blue is, but he sure is cute!
So are the children.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

CATHERINE! #Kate No chatting ...:-( #RoyalVisitNZpic.twitter.com/EWvmOeKZM9
— Paola Brett (@paolabrett) April 16, 2014

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2m
New South Wales premier Barry O' Farrell, due to greet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Sydney Airport today, has just resigned.

Royal Australian Air Force on standby, waiting to take William, Kate & George to Sydney via @aaproyalvisit pic.twitter.com/M0WKUsscHB
Mr O' Farrell has quit, claiming a "massive memory fail", after misleading an anti-corruption inquiry over a gift of $3,000 bottle of wine.
Mr O'Farrell says he will convene a Liberal Party meeting next week to choose a successor. It's not clear if he'll still meet the couple.
Crowds gather behind barbed wire for a last glimpse of the royals at Wgtn airport #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/wLqa7V3ueT

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 2m
Kate told one woman in the crowd in Wellington today George was asleep, she added : "He's a very podgy baby"

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-15-2014, 10:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote by Katl29:Although I love royalty etc I do believe that Australia should be a republic but I voted no to a republic in the referendum as I believe Australians should have some say in who is head of state.

I find that many people cry *republic* because of the expense of supporting a royal family, yet they have *No Idea* what a republic really is. I live in the US and yes it's a republic but many don't seem to realize that your just One Person, One Vote and sometimes that doesn't mean much. Yes you can elect a president and many others to the government, and over time as it has happened here, those officials become just like a royal family and then you have many many royal families to support not just the president, vice president and then all members of congress *thousands here) and then governors and all those others elected. Sure they get salaries but there is always a crooked way to make more money on the side with things like lobbyists, contracts, etc. I am 70 now and a young 70 who is very active and aware of what is going on in my government, and today I can say honestly, that I now don't support my government anymore, see America and our government are not one and the same anymore.........times have changed big time and not for the better. Young people today have no idea what this country once was like and how respected we once where in the world, not today! Live in a republic, vote, partispate in government, do volunteer work for an official and then judge. Me if I could I would move to England and gladly pay their taxes for the Queen (whom no longer has the civil list) instead of what I have to pay here. In my city where I live, there are 4 royal families (so they think) that are paid to think that the world owes them a living. Sorry if this is off topic!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

"@hellomag: Look who was holding the baby today as Prince William and Kate headed to Aus! http://goo.gl/zOMihf pic.twitter.com/D7soJDh48Q"
"@RE_DailyMail Iconic image of the new Royal Family: William, Kate and George pic by Reuters pic.twitter.com/yanggoD82P"

Lol, It seems like Prince George is practicing his great-grandmother's facial expressions

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-15-2014, 11:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

That second picture really is a great one and probably will be used for years
Old 04-15-2014, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent

First photo-. we are not amused. William is such a good daddy though.
A bit OT, but got to say - Love what Catherine is wearing.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:19 PM
Aristocracy

I must say that the advisors and the royal couple are very canny. Prince George was dressed in an outfit and sweater that have already been seen in NZ. The duchess was in a lovely recycled suit as well. They are smart. I think that the Australian landing just may see PG in a new outfit and the duchess in an Australian related designer and the Wattle brooch hopefully?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Heir Apparent

They are of course a terribly gorgeous family and thank goodness for another wonderful session with Gorgeous George! Hope the weather is better in Oz
Old 04-15-2014, 11:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Royal family were farewelled by the Governor General as they boarded their Air Force flight to Australia-
Prince William, Kate and Prince George depart for Australia - TV News Video | TVNZ

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-16-2014, 01:09 AM
Serene Highness

Poor little grumpy darling...he just wants his own room and doggie and no more airplanes. When we took our son on one of his first vacations (after he could speak), he looked around the apartment we were staying in and said, I like our house better, Mommy. He was afraid we had moved.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth
I find that many people cry *republic* because of the expense of supporting a royal family, yet they have *No Idea* what a republic really is...Sorry if this is off topic!
It´s not, on the contrary! It is not off topic because this trip is not about fashion or babies, but about the future of the brit. monarchy in commonwealth countries! Your post was very refreshing amongst all this talk about dresses....

Tags
australia, cambridge, catherine, new zealand, william