The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

She's channeling Jackie Kennedy again...very much a Jackie style dress with a modern twist (zipper).

LaRae

Old 04-11-2014, 10:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3m
Just spoke to a police officer who estimates there's a 10,000-strong crowd in Cambridge to see William and Kate here soon.
So much for the prediction that there would be no interest in this tour.

It's only barely begun and so far it's going wonderfully.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2m
William and Kate have met dignitaries and have now gone into the town hall for a 15-minute lunch with locals.

Duke and Duchess enter Cambridge-
'Sirens can be heard as the Royal motorcade drives in, the couple waves to the crowd, who cheer and wave their flags. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will now do a meet and greet. The town was named for the second Duke of Cambridge back in the 1860s. This is the only second royal visit for the town of 18,000. During her 1953-54 tour, The Queen lunched at Cambridge and the museum has a small exhibition of her time in the town."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11232364

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Majesty

Catherine and William are both natural with children. They don't appear to be bothered by things such as germs, and being hugged. I truly never getvtired of seeing them with children. Each time is better than the last.

Sent from my SM-N900T using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Prince William and his wife look very diplomatic.
Catherine looks very lovely.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I can agree about them being naturals with children, and I truly never get tired of seeing them with children either. Each time is better than the last.
You don't think it's going to be, but it is.
Not surprising, considering the 2. people we are talking about.
What would be surprising is if each time wasn't better than last.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Gorgeous Bailey Taylor, 6, is what #royaltourNZ is all about. Her mum has terminal cancer: meeting Kate made her year pic.twitter.com/jWjYOO8A5m
Another one for the fans. Prince William & Kate about to enter the town hall in Cambridge #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/HUNlYRInN7

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2m Police now estimate the crowd at 15,000. The town has a population of 18,000.

!! And that's with it raining. Wow.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 2m
NZ PM John Key just told the crowd at the opening of Cambridge Avantidrome "New Zealand loves Wills and Kate and baby George"

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 22s
William & Kate are on their way to the Avantidrome. #Cambridge #RoyalVisitNZ

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Bailey is so gorgeous. Confused though.
Does Bailey have terminal cancer? Or does her mom?
And if her mom does, why would they use the Children's hospice?
Wonderful that she met Kate. The reporter is right. That's what the tour is all about.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Her mom does. They also have grief counseling and therapy for children whose parents or siblings are dying.
Here's a link about what Rainbow Place does: Rainbow Place | Hospice Waikato
Old 04-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

William & Kate paid their respects in Cambridge's Town Hall war memorial, each laying a flower. #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/SHRYYOXqq3

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Her mom does. They also have grief counseling and therapy for children whose parents or siblings are dying.
Ah, that makes sense now. Thanks for the explanation and link.
Bailey is going to have memories that last her a lifetime- and help her get through the hard times.
No one would choose for her mom to be sick. And without that she would not have met Kate. I'm sure she would gladly trade. Kate cannot make her mom well. But she can make the situation better.
I know what it's like to be a little girl - and have your mom in the hospital a lot. Fortunately, my mom wasn't terminally ill, and is healthy now, but if I had had a duchess or princess come visit me while she was in the hospital, it would've been a big help. So I can imagine how much good it did for Bailey.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 22s
William & Kate are on their way to the Avantidrome. #Cambridge #RoyalVisitNZ

It seems like the media want to know that if William & Catherine are New Zealand royalty, why are there so many British flags within the crowds?

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Gorgeous Bailey Taylor, 6, is what #royaltourNZ is all about. Her mum has terminal cancer: meeting Kate made her year pic.twitter.com/jWjYOO8A5m
Another one for the fans. Prince William & Kate about to enter the town hall in Cambridge #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/HUNlYRInN7
Bailey Taylor ROCKED that princess outfit and stole my heart. I only saw a photo on Twitter - but TNX Dman for the backstory. Now I know.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Bailey Taylor ROCKED that princess outfit and stole my heart. I only saw a photo on Twitter - but TNX Dman for the backstory. Now I know.
Oh yes, she totally rocked that outfit.
Of course, I bet little Mia - The little one from Bear cottage that was in the daily Mail a few weeks back, well rock her Princess outfit too!
Old 04-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royals arrive at Velodrome-
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at the opening of the National Cycling Centre of Excellence in Cambridge.
The crowd counted down and let loose a cheer as the royal couple entered the Avantidrome, alongside Olympic Gold winning cyclist Sarah Ulmer.

Kate and Will had their loudest cheers of the day as they entered the velodromepic.twitter.com/tCzJO3Hjn5

— AAP (@aaproyalvisit) April 12, 2014

Live Blog: Royals in Cambridge - National - NZ Herald News

Prince William officially opens Velodrome-
Prince William has officially opened the velodrome with a speech acknowledging New Zealand's rich cycling heritage.

It was an "honour" for him and his wife Catherine to open the centre, which would be the "cycling pinnacle" and "crucible of tomorrow's winners".

The Duke then christened the centre by opening the first race.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-11-2014, 11:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 1m
Bev Hayes, 68, said about Kate :"I complemented her on her green dress. She said she liked it but William thought it was a bit bright"

AAP ‏@aaproyalvisit 6m
Interesting music choices for the royal visit to the velodrome - a Rihanna remix, now Coldplay

And yet another gift! @EwartRoyale A new bike for Prince George at the Hamilton NZ Avantidrome #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/Imv3tzIrDV
#Photo | Duke & Duchess of Cambridge greeted by enthusiastic crowds during their first week in New Zealand (Getty) pic.twitter.com/xaYXKdkimU
Almost like The Beatles Invasion.

Royal Visit NZ: Sunday agenda-
Sunday will be a massive day for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

They are due to arrive at Dunedin Airport at 9.30am where they will receive a traditional Maori greeting.

Shortly after they will attend Holy Communion at Cathedral Church of St Paul by the Octagon.

At 11am they will drive to Forsyth Barr Stadium for the Rippa Rugby Day. Prince William will rekindle his bromance with All Blacks superstar, Richie McCaw.

In the afternoon the Duke and Duchess will fly to Queenstown for an afternoon of activities. They will visit Amisfield Wineries for a tasting of some of NZ’s finest vino before a hair-raising ride on the Shotover Jet.

We’ll be online, curating all the best bits of the Royal Visit for you, from 9am.

Back at the velodrome, a new bike for Prince George
To wrap up the opening, founder of Avanti John Struthers gave the couple a tiny bike and matching helmet for Prince George. The Duchess laughed as she cut the ribbon and the box fell open, revealing the Lil Ripper bike. They were also given a miniature black and white cycling shirt for their son, emblazoned with the silver fern.
A new bike for Prince George at the Hamilton NZ Avantidrome pic.twitter.com/WbDX2QwWId
— Tim Ewart (@EwartRoyale) April 12, 2014

Little George's new cycling top #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/w1iPkGlcHU

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-12-2014, 12:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Royals have Waikato experience-
Royals have Waikato experience - Story - NZ News - 3 News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-12-2014, 04:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Whatever possessed that woman to wear those ridiculous leggings is beyond me, utterly pathetic IMO.

Tags
australia, cambridge, catherine, new zealand, william