The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Serene Highness

["Strict protocol notices have been sent to those attending and instruct guests to address the pair as Your Royal Highness – a different approach from their first two official tours to Canada, Asia and the Pacific during which the official advice was that they really didn’t mind how they were addressed. Bows and curtsies have also been prescribed for this visit."

Link to article.
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail[/QUOTE]

I appreciate this. Some people, not used to Royalty, feel unsafe and uncertain and do not know what to do in royal presence. I think protocol might be helpful and can act as a guideline here.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Royal Highness

William & Kate photos
Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Trip to NZ and Australia, April 7-25 2014 | Selda Göktaş

Old 04-11-2014, 09:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
The Herald did this nice, reporter-less video of the day Team NZ: Inside Royal racing - National - NZ Herald Videos
A nice still here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3210592&type=1
Old 04-11-2014, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
["Strict protocol notices have been sent to those attending and instruct guests to address the pair as Your Royal Highness a different approach from their first two official tours to Canada, Asia and the Pacific during which the official advice was that they really didnt mind how they were addressed. Bows and curtsies have also been prescribed for this visit."

Link to article.
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

I appreciate this. Some people, not used to Royalty, feel unsafe and uncertain and do not know what to do in royal presence. I think protocol might be helpful and can act as a guideline here.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Kiwis got or read this note. I actually doubt that the note originated with the Cambridges. After all, the official site of the British Monarchy, http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRo.../Overview.aspx does not require that level of bow and scrape! Will and Kate generallly step up to people in official parties and offer a hand and often greet them by name (because they have been briefed beforehand).
Old 04-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
A beautiful picture of William & Catherine. You can tell they're really enjoying the tour and each other.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's a big baby, he looks like his mommy
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-11-2014, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Cepe Smith @CepeSmith 15h ago
According to the Court Circular, William carried out an investiture at Government House yesterday #RoyalVisitNZ

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

How are we going to get this home? William and Kate look puzzled as boat-maker gifts baby George a mini-dinghy in New Zealand-
William and Kate look puzzled as boat-maker gifts George a dinghy | Mail Online

There's no doubt that George will enjoy his boat when he's old enough to drive it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Cute pic of Kate and William with the umbrella
http://37.media.tumblr.com/9b9b18e20...112po1_500.jpg
Old 04-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
sailing video
what a fun video to watch - especially when kate and william meet at the end of the race and kate cheekyly apologises for winning in an ironic manner to william!

in my opinion, the rumours of this being a more "formal" tour, of W+K becoming more "senior" royals and of the wish of the queen of portraying kate in a more senior manner and as the mother of a future monarch are true. so far, everything reported has been true: the lower hemlines, the more strict protocol, kate using some of the queen's jewels (so far, she wore the fern brooch loaned by the queen)...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
There were certainly no hard feelings between the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge today, even though she beat him in two yacht races around Auckland Harbour in New Zealand.

In fact, the body language between the Royal couple shows that their bond is stronger than ever.

After her victory against Prince William, the pair laughed and smiled together, and Kate even offered a look of sympathy as she patted her husbands arm.
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Kate and Wills, show they're very much in love | Mail Online

Quote:
He may not yet be able to talk, but Prince Georges body language spoke volumes at his first royal meet and greet: and every movement revealed a baby destined to be King.
As an expert on body language Ive written 26 books on the subject Ive been following the royal family for over 30 years and I have been riveted by these images of George.
Clearly a calm, extremely sociable and very self-confident baby, hes not just happy to be the centre of attention - he absolutely revels in it.
Prince George's body language revealed a baby destined to be King, says expert | Mail Online

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Some [cropped] photos

All images have been cropped from much larger photographs and form 20% or less of the originals.

sources
MailOnline
MailOnline

The first one- that is why I like William. Need I say more?
I think that little princess has found her prince charming.
And it seems to be mutual.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:01 PM
Majesty

Thanks, HereditaryPrincess

What a load of nonsense.
All healthy children that age behave like they are the centre of the universe.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Courtier

There were some cute moments during the boat race. Loved Kate's 'apology' to William.
That miniature boat for George is quite a gift!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

You're welcome Muhler. That's true, my mother often tells me that when I was a baby (and young child), I acted like I was a Princess. There was one incident of me getting angry when my mother was holding another baby, because I wanted her for myself.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-11-2014, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

And I think a baby should be the center of its parents universe.
Later on, you have to teach them the world does not revolve around them, you don't want a spoiled kid, but in my opinion, better a little spoiled, then unloved.. Which is not the case with Kate and William obviously- they love George to the moon and back.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

Some babies do have more of a "presence" than others, be they future King or permanent commoner. I've been to many a baby playgroup, and there are always those on the sidelines, clinging to a parent, whereas others just storm around amusing themselves and interacting with others. He does seem an uncommonly confident and extraverted boy, although he may be whiny and clingy the next time we see him.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Cambridges to make history in Cambridge:
"Prince William and Kate will be the first Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to visit New Zealand's Cambridge, more than 150 years since it was named. The Waikato town isn't named after the British university city - instead, it's named after the 2nd Duke of Cambridge, George William Frederick Charles. The earlier Duke of Cambridge was Queen Victoria's first cousin and the commander in chief of the British army. Once Maori lived where Cambridge now is, 24km out of Hamilton and on the banks of the Waikato River. But during the land wars of the 1860s, British forces drove the Maori population out and set up camp in the area. They named it "Camp Cambridge" after their commander, the Duke of Cambridge at the time. In 1865, the British forces confiscated the area of Cambridge from Maori."
The Royals' day in Auckland - National - NZ Herald News

What the Royals are up to today:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are due to touch down in Hamilton at around 11.10am this morning. They will have a brief meeting with the mayor and MPs before they head their separate ways.

William will head to Pacific Aerospace while Kate will visit Rainbow Place hospice.

They will then regroup for a public walk around Cambridge at about 12.45pm before the opening of the National Cycling Centre at 1.30pm.

Check out the map for the best vantage points and stay tuned to our live blog for all the latest news, pics, video and social media bits.

- Nicky Park, Life & Style Editor
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11232364

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thanks, HereditaryPrincess

What a load of nonsense.
All healthy children that age behave like they are the centre of the universe.
All children that age are the center of the universe in their families...or at least should be ! :-)

Tags
australia, cambridge, catherine, new zealand, william