Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jacobites as a general rule think the rightful heir to the throne is a different blood line so I figrure that they would view that a bit differently as far as the 'Godly plan' goes.

LaRae

:previous:
I stated how the Queen might think of her destiny to be monarch.
Perhaps they think they were lawful heirs to the british throne; but obviously "fate" prevented them from being monarchs...
You could be a butcher from Philadelphia, a baker in Copenhagen or a fisherman from Timbuktu and still have the idea to have any rights to a throne. But if you´re really rightful is another question...

Haven´t the Jacobites been ruled out by parliament, and not by a royal dynasty, not to succeed to the british throne, because they were catholics?! As far as I know this act (of settlement?) still exists. In that respect the descendants of this Jacobite dynasty obviously are no lawful heirs!
But perhaps they can claim the throne of Scotland after the September-referendum if a majority votes to seperate from Britain. We´ll see how much support they´ll get from the Scots...:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in a republic and would have it no othe way. With that being said, royal tours clearly serve a purpose and in no way are vacations. They are told what to do where to go and when to go, it is all scheduled and for a purpose, to promote their country, their family, their Queen and the country they are visiting.

Today's newspaper travel magazine "Escape" has the New Zealand "hideaway", (used for the "rest day" by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge after arriving there), as their cover story.

The writer stayed the night after the Royal Couple were guests.

Some interesting things in the article I hadn't picked up on before were that the sound of the surf can be heard there - described as "thunderous" and "pounding" - and that it is part of a working sheep farm.

The chef is a "forager" and incorporates a lot of the farm's produce in what he cooks - and the kitchen is open, allowing guests to see their meals being prepared.

Another thing - the next door neighbour is James Cameron of "Titanic" fame.

Article is now online - though on my tablet the photos don't come out well.

Also, Wharekauhau is pronounced "Farra-cow-how" - just in case you want to hop on the phone and make a booking.

The cot and bedding used by litle Prince George in New Zealand is being reported as having been donated - anonymously - to a family in need, through Plunket.

(A car seat - brought for PG, but not actually used by him - has gone into the hire-pool.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom