Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Some lovely pictures from throughout the day and quite a few from the reception
gettyimages.co.uk

Old 04-10-2014, 06:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
This would be such a fun event. One of the articles I was reading earlier mentioned that William said he can't wait to race against Kate.
And hopefully in better weather.

Earlier in the week the weather reports said it would rain through till today, Thursday, and then it would be sunny Friday and Saturday. Hope that's still the case.

I saw some comments that all this rain is not helping with show-casing New Zealand as a tourist destination as was originally hoped.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
So much for all those posters suggesting that the trip was unlikely to attract much local interest!

Exactly! It is just as I had predicted some weeks ago: first an expression of alleged general non-interest, but when the visit comes closer and the Royals have started the trip everyone gets mad.
It´s always been this way (well, not in the old, old days - but about the last 30 years or something). Sorry (no, not really ), Republicans!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:11 AM
Serene Highness

Lunch At A Winery Today Between Engagements.

Just saw a bit more on telly - and maybe this was generally known - but the "private" lunch the Duke and Duchess had between the wreath-laying and the air museum was at a local winery.

This part of New Zealand is the wine capital of the country.

Cheers, Sun Lion.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Majesty

Thanks for the clip, Dman.

It was good to see W&K meet the veterans and I noticed at least one major medal for bravery. He sure didn't get that for remaining at the rear with the gear!

Nice touch with the discreet poppy in the bottonhole.

And climbing aboard the Sopwith Pup, being an aviator himself, that must make it extra interesting for William. They sure were brave men who flew them, especially as Royal Flying Corps refused to issue parachutes to the pilots.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Royals unveil portrait of Queen at state reception-
Royals unveil portrait of Queen at state reception - NZ News - Video - 3 News

Friday 11th April

Auckland:

11.20am (UK 12.30am) Meet RNZAF families at Whenuapai Air Force Base

12.15-12.45pm (UK 1.15-1.45am) Public drive down Beaumont and Jellicoe St

1pm (UK 2am) Match race sailing

3pm (UK 4am) Ride on Sealegs across harbour
http://royalkatedebate.blogspot.co.u...itinerary.html

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Royal Highness

Does anyone know if Kate will use tiara at some event in this official visit?
Old 04-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Does anyone know if Kate will use tiara at some event in this official visit?
No, senior female members of the royal family no long wear tiara's on official tours as they did back in the day. If they are accompanying The Queen on an official tour and there is a State Banquet or State Reception, a tiara could be worn, if Her Majesty is wearing one. I think the ladies stopped wearing tiara's on official trips in the 90's. Sad indeed.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

thank you all for the links and pictures
Day 4 and fianlly it looks like the tour has begun

Does anyone know why in the card for the wreath, only William's monogram was on it but both their names? it just seems their joint monogram should have been on the card
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk0a_gSIgAILxah.jpg

in this picture William remains me of Philip
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0190052735.jpg
Old 04-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I haven't seen them use a joint stationary. It either William's W or Catherine's C. Plus if you put them together, it is WC which can mean water closet aka toilet. They just use William's stationary because he is the royal one when they both sign something.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Will's fighting talk in race against Kate-
Will's fighting talk in race against Kate - Story - NZ News - 3 News

What a lovely photo of William looking at his wife.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I haven't seen them use a joint stationary. It either William's W or Catherine's C. Plus if you put them together, it is WC which can mean water closet aka toilet. They just use William's stationary because he is the royal one when they both sign something.
thank you
hmm i remember seeing it on the wedding cake
http://0.tqn.com/d/weddings/1/0/O/D/113269544.jpg

and i thought they decided to put the C first on top of the W to avoid the WC references
Prince William and Kate Middleton were saved from WC blushes - Mirror Online
Old 04-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Some [cropped] photos

All images have been cropped from much larger photographs and form 20% or less of the originals.

sources
MailOnline
MailOnline

Old 04-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I will say just a couple of things since I watched some pics and 2 videos:
Loved Kate's look (she should have ponytails more IMO) and she looked very professional this time... The state dinner was pleasant but I disliked the portrait :-(

As someone else has already noticed: William seems disappearing... don't know why but I hope he will get more attention later.
I'm looking forward for tomorrow
Old 04-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

William was the center of attention in the Omaka Heritage Aviation Centre

Kate Middleton poses for Sir Peter Jackson as Prince William clambers into vintage biplane | Mail Online
Old 04-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

It will be interesting when they split up for the only time on this tour. William is going to a factory and Kate is going to a hospice. Kate will get all of the media coverage but I don't think William minds unlike his father did. Look at how engagements they do with other royals especially Harry.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Team Kate Vs Team Will-
"Prince William will team up with a crew led by Team New Zealand manager Grant Dalton against the Duchess of Cambridge and a crew led by Team NZ skipper Dean Barker.

Mr Dalton told Newstalk ZB today that competition would be fierce.

"The word came down that we're supposed to let her win but I'm going to have a little world with William about that. I'm not sure that's going to happen."

Mr Dalton said the royals would be "driving" their boats and he expected "a bit of banter and competition". Prince William had been on board with Team NZ before and requested today's race.

There will be 20 people on each yacht, made up of Team NZ members, representatives from the Royal NZ Yacht Squadron's youth programme and members of the royal entourage.

The race starts at 1.30pm and is expected to last for an hour. Multiple waterfront locations will offer viewpoints.

The weather looks likely to hold for the yacht race. Showers are forecast to stay away until mid-afternoon, much to Mr Dalton's relief.

"I've been worried about the weather but it looks like that little trough line's cleared through and we're going to have a westerly 10 knots. That's about spot on actually and it's perfect for where we want to lay this course out."

Mr Dalton said Team NZ felt "really privileged" to host the royal couple. They hadn't received any instructions about protocol, but he might have to be "a bit careful''.

"I'll try and curb some of the questions I've been dying to ask for 20 years.''"

APNZ
Royal Visit NZ: Live Blog - National - NZ Herald News

Video:
Royal couple to cross the harbour Kiwi-style-
http://www.3news.co.nz/Royal-couple-...6/Default.aspx

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Serene Highness

Video Message For Sydney Horse Racing From Duke.

Prince William has made a video which will be played on the big screen at the horse-racing at Royal Randwick here in Sydney.

Tomorrow - Saturday 12th - an expected thirty thousand race-goers will see the video at around 1.45pm local time.

Also tomorrow, Australia's new Governor-General will officially name a new grandstand at the race-course after Her Majesty.

And it is confirmed that the Queen's race-horse "Carlton House" is to run in the "Queen Elizabeth Stakes" on the following Saturday.

Cheers All, Sun Lion.

Tags
australia, cambridge, catherine, new zealand, william