The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Well, this is not an exact fit, but someone posted this link on Twitter and I remembered your interest:
Duchess of Cambridge and the meaning of the Maori warrior's tattoo | World news | theguardian.com
Thank you, AdmirerUS

That was a very informative article and absolutely worth reading.

It may not have been intended, but nevertheless very appropriate, that Kate wore red, as that is considered a very high status color in the Maori culture.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Courtier

I can't wait to see Prince George with other babies. It will be so nice to see him with other babies.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Recovering from JetLag?
BYe Bine
That's what I was thinking. When I went to New York (I'd never been to the US before and this is the furthest I've been in the world), it took me a day to recover from jet lag. Friends of mine have been saying that when they go abroad to far distance countries, they usually spend their second day lazing by the pool or in their hotel/apartment room to recover.

However, in this week's issue of Hello, there's an itinerary of the tour and the Cambridges get another day off, or 'rest day', as Hello say... Perhaps they're using these days to quietly and unofficially explore the area where they're staying, or getting to 'know' the Government House a bit better so they don't get lost. George will also need to get used to the new faces around him, so perhaps that's what they're using the time for as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
I can't wait to see Prince George with other babies. It will be so nice to see him with other babies.
Me too. George and other babies = cuteness overload!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

There is a rest day April 15 in NZ and one April 21 in Australia which is Easter Monday and a holiday in the country. The Cambridges could have a hidden engagement for one of the rest days. It happened on their previous tours with the trip to Slave Lake in Albert in Canada and the mosque trip during the SE Asian tour.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate and William's secret hideaway revealed: Royal family relax in 480-a-night estate | Royal | News | Daily Express
Apparently they staying at this site....
Old 04-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Majesty

And staying on the topic of Maori dancers welcoming W&K: Maori dancers asked to cover up to not embarrass the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge | Royal | News | Daily Express

If we were to be pedantic, the dancers were actually supposed to be even more revealing, if they were to be in strickt accordance with ancient traditions. However, it was prudently decided, considering the Victorian times we live in today, that the women should not be topless and the men should wear undies.

- As I recall some of you expressed a considerable...appreciation...of the rear view of the Maori warrior we saw in some of the pics.
Learning this, do you feel relieved or disappointed?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I've noticed that Kate was the one who had to handle everything while they were disembarking: Heels, skirts, hair, and most importantly baby and pay attention not to fall.

Question: Why was not William who could take George in his arms? It could have been dangerous for Kate...
Old 04-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
One reporter said that the people - adults and school children alike - who performed and met the Duke and Duchess at Wellington's Government House yesterday were not allowed to have umbrellas.
thank you Sun Lion.
Always enjoyed your inputs on the Aussie front
I wonder if umbrellas weren't allowed for security reasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Well, this is not an exact fit, but someone posted this link on Twitter and I remembered your interest:
Duchess of Cambridge and the meaning of the Maori warrior's tattoo | World news | theguardian.com
Very informative article
thank you
Old 04-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
thank you Sun Lion.
Always enjoyed your inputs on the Aussie front
I wonder if umbrellas weren't allowed for security reasons?
Don't think so.

Considering that wheather is an unpredictable factor, especially if you are an assassin. And given the limit to which schoolchildren holding umbrellas can cover the approach of an assassin, it seems more likely to me to have been the decision of a thoughtless principal. - As we all know, there is nothing as charming as being recieved by soaking wet school children.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that the Maori expert in that story got debunked by people in NZ. There were topless women in the Solomon Islands during the last tour which was funny considering what happened in the beginning of the tour.

http://tvnz.co.nz/royal-visit/maori-...d-tour-5887893
Old 04-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I think that the Maori expert in that story got debunked by people in NZ. There were topless women in the Solomon Islands during the last tour which was funny considering what happened in the beginning of the tour.

Maori 'expert' fools British media ahead of royal tour - Royal Visit News | TVNZ
I bet that was a huge disappointment to a number of press photographers and picture editors as well.
Thanks for clearing that one out.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that this day off is not only for the jetlag but also to focus media attention to HM hosting the irish president as weel..
Old 04-08-2014, 01:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I think that this day off is not only for the jetlag but also to focus media attention to HM hosting the irish president as weel..
I think that is correct - though for those that want to be critical, this fact can be conveniently ignored.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Nobility

I don't think the Irish visit has anything whatsoever to do with it. It's just a normal state visit. The time difference is sufficient to ensure no live coverage overlap.

The 'rest day' is more than likely an attempt to get Prince George's body clock on a more even keel. Get him settled and happy as his parents are going to be away from him quite a lot over coming days.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Aristocracy

No foto's today?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASSARD View Post
No foto's today?
The next engagement which is George's playgroup is 3pm NZ time which is the middle of the night for Europe.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
And staying on the topic of Maori dancers welcoming W&K: Maori dancers asked to cover up to not embarrass the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge | Royal | News | Daily Express

If we were to be pedantic, the dancers were actually supposed to be even more revealing, if they were to be in strickt accordance with ancient traditions. However, it was prudently decided, considering the Victorian times we live in today, that the women should not be topless and the men should wear undies.

- As I recall some of you expressed a considerable...appreciation...of the rear view of the Maori warrior we saw in some of the pics.
Learning this, do you feel relieved or disappointed?
Disappointed..
Old 04-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Aristocracy

Any live coverage that you know of?
Old 04-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

I am looking forward to seeing the little Prince out and about.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaSueSue View Post
Any live coverage that you know of?
Check Twitter closer to the event time, it may have information if a live feed is happening. The hash tag is #RoyalvisitNZ

Tags
australia, cambridge, catherine, new zealand, william