The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Prince George to get surfboard gift on Australian Royal Tour
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ard-australia/

Quote:
William and Kate's entrance evokes memories of Prince Charles and Diana with their baby Prince Down Under
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ana-australia/

Quote:
Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince George arrive in New Zealand for royal tour
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...-zealand-tour/

Quote:
Prince George's kangaroo toy bag sells out
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...aroo-backpack/

Quote:
Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince George pictured in Sydney
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ydney-airport/

Quote:
New Zealand eagerly awaits Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince George's arrival
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ur-excitement/

Quote:
Baby Prince George heads Down Under for first tour
http://www.wort.lu/en/view/baby-prin...b012fe7ff66002

Old 04-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalNight View Post
Kate looked amazing! I love everything about her outfit!

George is just beyond cute! It will be great weeks to observe this sweet family

And everyone, please, be nicer amd more respectful to each other
My sentiments exactly. I've learned over the years that not everyone thinks the same as I do and that's their right. If I don't agree with their post I skip it. No problem. I go on and read the posts that tell me what I want to know.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Having seen the video footage of the arrival and alighting from the aircraft, I can honestly say that Catherine looked as elegant and regal as ever. Yes, twice or three times the wind caught Catherine's hem for a second or so as she was coming down the steps, but frankly the whole issue is quite unnoticeable unless one seeks to view nano-second snapshot stills.
To be honest, I think all this fuss perpetuated by some very fussy forum members and a rather common newspaper is unnecessary.
I quite agree with you, Jacknch.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Exactly!

As pictures haves have shown, more senior Royal ladies have been caught by wind perhaps we should cut Kate some slack. The picture of Queen Elizabeth II appears to be from the 70's or 80's. So I would imagine having been in the public eye....I don't know all of her life....she should have known better. But it happens.....and you move on.

My point is....everyone has a bad wind day....its been known to happen to Zonk once or twice

Roslyn...have you visited the Letizia fashion threads?! She rocks pants all of the time. Sometimes its a nice pants suits...and sometimes its not. And we definitely hear from those who wouldn't mind her showing up in a nice dress or two. You can't please everyone!

But we won't go off topic too much.
Yep, and recently in Kate's fashion thread, there was a discussion about her never wearing pants or pants suits. So then when she shows up at a children's event wearing pants, she gets criticized for wearing them (too boring, she looks sloppy, too tight, not appropriate).

The Queen, Beatrice, Princess Diana, Fergie, Sophie, Eugenie, Princess Anne and a number of other royal women have all had more than one windy mishap. It happens.

Yesterday all of the women on the tarmac were having a difficult time. Kate wasn't the only one wrestling with her skirt.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Given how windy it appeared to be, the only alternative that would have 100% protected her modesty was a pair of trousers. Imagine the outrage if she had arrived in NZ in a pair of trousers.
Why would that be the only alternative? What about a more clinging skirt or dress underneath her coat?

I like Kate but I agree with those who say she doesn't seem to learn from her mistakes.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Having seen the video footage of the arrival and alighting from the aircraft, I can honestly say that Catherine looked as elegant and regal as ever. Yes, twice or three times the wind caught Catherine's hem for a second or so as she was coming down the steps, but frankly the whole issue is quite unnoticeable unless one seeks to view nano-second snapshot stills.
To be honest, I think all this fuss perpetuated by some very fussy forum members and a rather common newspaper is unnecessary.
I agree, Jacknch. I watched live as Kate came down the steps from the plane, but I didn't see her dress go up at all. I was more worried about Kate making it down those wet steps with Prince George who looked ready to launch himself straight out of her arms. It wasn't until I came here this morning and found that each camera frame was being dissected and video played in super slow-mo.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
but hindsight's a wonderful thing.
It is isn't it. If we new everything before it happened, we'd lie down before we fell...
Old 04-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Serene Highness

ok ok ok, another flying skirt, Queen will be not amused.
Another quiestion - sorry, if it may have asked already:

How warm was it at the Arrival?
It was definately windy, as everyone can see.
But I was surprised, that the DoC had a skirt/Dress AND a coat...... and George had bare legs.....
BYe Bine
Old 04-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Serene Highness

I wish everyone would just stop with the drama around the wind and the skirt. It didn't blow up a la Marilyn Monroe. It swished from side to side. We didn't see any knickers. Dear Lawd!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Serene Highness

BRRRR. Prince George looks cold! I can see Kate wanting everyone to have a good look at him, but a warmer outfit would've been nice.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Nobility

Prince William and Kate Middleton's Australia and New Zealand tour in details - hellomagazine.com
Old 04-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

What a wonderfully healthy, attractive young family! Such a lovely distraction to watch their dignified and respectful visit and learn about the facinating culture of 2 countries I would LOVE to visit but don't know if I could take the plane ride. How do you stay cooped up for 27 hours? Even if your group has the whole first class compartment?
After wading through the aftermath of my poor mil's death, this is a wonderful respite.
I will go out on a limb, pun intended. Gorgeous George is a stander and a cruiser, his relatively slimmed down legs and shoes vs. Pwilliam at same age. Diana and Charles were there in hot weather as I recall, hope this weather improves!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

That women besides Catherine with a blue outfit is the nanny?
Old 04-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
That women besides Catherine with a blue outfit is the nanny?
if you mean this lady

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...1_2874490k.jpg

No - she is a Maori elder Hiria Hape

Here is the Nanny

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...n_2874580c.jpg

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

New Zealand Itinerary-
Royal Kate Debate: New Zealand Itinerary

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Serene Highness

Perhaps those who are profoundly shocked by the appearence of the Duchess' {beautiful} legs would be better pleased if she wore a burka ?

As many of you say ALL Royal women have has this occur to them since shorter skirts were widely adopted in the 1960s.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Majesty

A very nice HQ gallery of the arrival from BT: Se billederne: Lille Prins George på sit første statsbesøg | www.bt.dk

The second picture show a Maori warrior, in fact we see a lot of him!
Juding from the attire of everybody else I assume it was a chilly day: Se billederne: Lille Prins George på sit første statsbesøg | www.bt.dk

Is that it? Se billederne: Lille Prins George på sit første statsbesøg | www.bt.dk
I was under the impression Catherine had done a multiple Marilyn Monroe, but the skirt is hardly lifting.

Se billederne: Lille Prins George på sit første statsbesøg | www.bt.dk
I understand the purpose is for William to pick up an arrowhead while maintaining eyecontact with the Maori warrior. Only then will he be considered a friend.

Se billederne: Lille Prins George på sit første statsbesøg | www.bt.dk
I see the honor guards are armed with the Steyer AUG rifle, which are also used by Australia. (I presume the old ANZAC military co-operation is still going on). It is, pardon me, a butt ugly rifle, but laughingly simply to operate.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

In some pictures you can see a bit more of Kate
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Uf3Kyk2QoU...lyn+momwnt.jpg

But of course its not a big deal
I think it has happen to all, but it does seem that it happens to Kate a bit more, but of course not a big deal, Im sure it will happen again : ) lol

on another note, I think George looks like Charles.

I think right now its already April 8th in New Zealand but today is a free day for them.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like her look and her coat and hat! media doing too much off the skirt flying! how cares? George is really cute! what is his colour of eyes? it looks brown to me!? They look all lovely and regal! waiting for more photos!!!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Majesty

We saw more of the Maori warrior...
And if we are to judge which sight was more hurtful for the retina, weeell... Call me oldfashioned but native dress or not, mens behinds are not the prettiest sight in the world.

Anyway, we didn't see more of Kate than we would have, had she been running for a charity in shorts.

Tags
australia, cambridge, catherine, new zealand, william