The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-07-2014, 07:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
No, nobody used abusive language. But you still can be mean and negative in a disguised kind of way, you can even destroy a person without using abusive words.

I think you need to go back and look at the post, there seems to be a mix between what I've written and your reply. I think there are some missing [/QUOTE] bits at the end of each section.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
thank you!
Was her brooch noticed?
I noticed the brooch. I shouted out it is the Queen's fern as I watched the live feed. It was a nice touch just like the maple leaf brooch in Canada. The red dress really stood out when they got to government house which the photographers had to love.

George's cardigan had little guardsmen on his right pocket area but it was hard to see since Kate's hand covered it most of the time.

I was glad they were able to land safely at the airport instead of having to go to the Air Force base and drive 2 hrs back to Wellington.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Administrator

For goodness sake!

Day 1 and this thread already looks like its going to be a LONG LONG three weeks!

Yes, its possible to have a discussion with positive and negative comments as long as its civil and not personal. What isn't necessary is 2 or more pages about TRF posters instead of the actual topic of the thread, the Cambridges in New Zealand and Australia.

Let's stay on topic.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Nice article from Richard Palmer

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...s-of-Cambridge

Apparently George was on play date with the GG's granddaughter during the welcome.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:53 AM
Nobility

If a skirt flying up more than once is, apparently, "unforgivable" (what a preposterous idea), then the first for the chop is clearly, Queen Elizabeth II:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...48_306x956.jpg

On the left here, along with several other royal ladies:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_L7JC05D4BC...s1600/Wind.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...52_306x423.jpg

To clarify, the Queen does NOT always have weights in her dresses. I read an interview once with either Karl Ludwig or Stewart Parvin (don't have time to go searching for it right now) about dressing the Queen, and he was asked about always putting weights in the Queen's dresses and coats. He said that was a myth, some outfits do get weights added, but a lot of HM's outfits would be ruined by adding weights.

Kate was wearing quite a long style for her today, the fabric was not particularly light, the issue she had was that she didn't have enough hands at the moment to do everything she needed to do. In hindsight, William should probably have carried George off the plane, but hindsight's a wonderful thing.

Plus, Kate has the most fabulous legs. I'm always glad (and a little bit jealous) to see them!
Old 04-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I loved Kate's outifit but with that hat she reminded me of a stewardess :-)
Old 04-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Poor Catherine - hair, hat, baby, high heels, wet stairs and then such wind, and the long coat and shorter dress didn't have a chance -

I've just caught up with a morning TV news show that I had recorded, and in the second of the two crossovers to the reporter in NZ, this channel actually played the duchess' coat and dress flying up to reveal her underclothes in slow motion .

(Bad enough at real time speed, not necessary to be broadcast like that.)

Sun Lion.
Personally, I think Kate does this as a silent nod to all those chorines Will's male ancestors kept hidden behind the scenes. Or, some not-so-hidden. So much for those carefully sewn weights.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
If a skirt flying up more than one is, apparently, "unforgivable" (what a preposterous idea), then the first for the chop is clearly, Queen Elizabeth II:[
It's not unforgivable but rather surprising for a supposed highly trained Princess to be caught , again, in such posture :

Kate caught out again! Duchess of Cambridge's skirt flies up as she juggles baby George and holds onto her hat in windy Wellington | Mail Online

It's not the end of the world but as one of the most photographed woman in the world, she should have known a little better.

Otherwise i think she looked fantastic in this very regal outfit.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Aristocracy

Kate looked amazing! I love everything about her outfit!

George is just beyond cute! It will be great weeks to observe this sweet family

And everyone, please, be nicer amd more respectful to each other
Old 04-07-2014, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

https://gg.govt.nz/content/royal-visit-2014-0
This is the detailled programme... Funny that on the 9th it is said that they won't be seen publicly... Hope to get some pics because it's very likely that George will be there *:-|
Old 04-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

There will be media coverage of the baby group but the public can't show up and watch.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Prince George is adorable and I'm glad that we got a lot of photos of the Cambridge's arrival in the end. George also seems to be quite a curious and alert baby, which just adds to his cuteness. I particularly like these photos: One, Two and Three.
Some articles regarding the tour from The Daily Mail and The Telegraph, apologies for any reposts:

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge begin New Zealand and Australia tour with Prince George | Mail Online
By George, he's a looker...and it's all in the genes. The young prince and the photos that show he's the image of his parents | Mail Online
Prince George gets kangaroo backpack on brief stop in Sydney | Mail Online
Royal tour: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George arrive in Wellington - Telegraph

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
It's not unforgivable but rather surprising for a supposed highly trained Princess to be caught , again, in such posture :

Kate caught out again! Duchess of Cambridge's skirt flies up as she juggles baby George and holds onto her hat in windy Wellington | Mail Online

It's not the end of the world but as one of the most photographed woman in the world, she should have known a little better.

Otherwise i think she looked fantastic in this very regal outfit.
Given how windy it appeared to be, the only alternative that would have 100% protected her modesty was a pair of trousers. Imagine the outrage if she had arrived in NZ in a pair of trousers.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Given how windy it appeared to be, the only alternative that would have 100% protected her modesty was a pair of trousers. Imagine the outrage if she had arrived in NZ in a pair of trousers.
But why is that? Trousers would have been the most sensible item of clothing for her to wear. She's so thin she'd have looked terrific in trousers.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
If a skirt flying up more than one is, apparently, "unforgivable" (what a preposterous idea), then the first for the chop is clearly, Queen Elizabeth II:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...48_306x956.jpg

On the left here, along with several other royal ladies:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_L7JC05D4BC...s1600/Wind.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...52_306x423.jpg

To clarify, the Queen does NOT always have weights in her dresses. I read an interview once with either Karl Ludwig or Stewart Parvin (don't have time to go searching for it right now) about dressing the Queen, and he was asked about always putting weights in the Queen's dresses and coats. He said that was a myth, some outfits do get weights added, but a lot of HM's outfits would be ruined by adding weights.

Kate was wearing quite a long style for her today, the fabric was not particularly light, the issue she had was that she didn't have enough hands at the moment to do everything she needed to do. In hindsight, William should probably have carried George off the plane, but hindsight's a wonderful thing.

Plus, Kate has the most fabulous legs. I'm always glad (and a little bit jealous) to see them!
It always goes to show that it's just something that happens every now and then. It's not something that the royal ladies like or don't know any better, like some are saying. Sometimes the wind do it's thing and everyone just have to deal with it. Have all the weights you want in a dress, mother nature will show you a thing or two when it gets ready.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Exactly!

As pictures haves have shown, more senior Royal ladies have been caught by wind perhaps we should cut Kate some slack. The picture of Queen Elizabeth II appears to be from the 70's or 80's. So I would imagine having been in the public eye....I don't know all of her life....she should have known better. But it happens.....and you move on.

My point is....everyone has a bad wind day....its been known to happen to Zonk once or twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
But why is that? Trousers would have been the most sensible item of clothing for her to wear. She's so thin she'd have looked terrific in trousers.
Roslyn...have you visited the Letizia fashion threads?! She rocks pants all of the time. Sometimes its a nice pants suits...and sometimes its not. And we definitely hear from those who wouldn't mind her showing up in a nice dress or two. You can't please everyone!

But we won't go off topic too much.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Well its obvious that Catherine should have dropped George and held her skirt down.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
WILLIAM, KATE AND GEORGE ARRIVE IN WELLINGTON, NZ-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Gentry

I don┤t understand why there is such a discussion about the Duchess of Cambridge skirt and legs! I think she behaved very well. She had George in her arms, she had high heels, she had to down the stairs...the last of her worries was the skirt!

So...changing the subject...George was really a cutie and behaved quite well! Seems to be a happy and energetic baby! I┤m looking forward to see him again!
Old 04-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Having seen the video footage of the arrival and alighting from the aircraft, I can honestly say that Catherine looked as elegant and regal as ever. Yes, twice or three times the wind caught Catherine's hem for a second or so as she was coming down the steps, but frankly the whole issue is quite unnoticeable unless one seeks to view nano-second snapshot stills.
To be honest, I think all this fuss perpetuated by some very fussy forum members and a rather common newspaper is unnecessary.

Tags
australia, cambridge, catherine, new zealand, william