The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-07-2014, 05:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Folks calm down, nothing was shown as the skirt blew in the wind. Her overcoat seemed heavy enough and the wind was getting the best of everyone.

A beautiful welcome to Their Royal Highnesses. That baby George looked adorable and very interested in everything on his arrival. Looking forward to the rest of the trip.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-07-2014, 06:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
For the love of all that's holy, will everyone please put the attention-loving iluvbertie on ignore already? As obviously he or she just says whatever comes to mind to get people mad.
I just have... i 've had enough of his/her tedious negativity and [it must be said] occasional bile..

Old 04-07-2014, 06:09 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
I've just caught up with a few Australian TV news reports from a couple of different channels.

The Duke, Duchess and PG, are to spend tonight and tomorrow at a secret $12,000 per night lakeside hide-away.

They departed for it this afternoon after going into Wellington's Government House after the Welcome Ceremony.

(Also, reports that Nanny and PG had a bodyguard with them looking out of the window.)

Footage of people cheering in the streets as the Royal party drove past, and comments from some very cold schoolgirls who got to speak with C in the Government House garden.

Still a very cold wind blowing - hope no-one catches the sniffles, or worse, from it.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. Duchess using perfume perhaps - "she smells nice" comment from some older school girls who attended the Wellington Government House event. Evening news now on here.
Just came onto the forum to see what's happening on the overseas trip, and have had to wade through pages of banal nonsense about Kate's skirt or coat or whatever blowing up :(

Keep up the good work Sun Lion - this is what most people want to read!

Cheers
Old 04-07-2014, 06:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by COESpiral View Post
For the love of all that's holy, will everyone please put the attention-loving iluvbertie on ignore already? As obviously he or she just says whatever comes to mind to get people mad.

If you dislike Kate or William or any member of any royal family that much, you'd never bother visiting a board devoted to the royals. I'm not talking about the occasional criticism, I'm talking about accusing a woman trying to navigate stairs in high heels and carrying her baby being accused of letting her wind-blown skirt to fly up on purpose. This person has nothing to contribute.
This board is about giving personal opinions within TRF rules while attacking other posters for giving personal opinions is not within TRF rules.

Cambridge and critizism seems to be a very difficult topic.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
thank you!
Was her brooch noticed?
Old 04-07-2014, 06:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
Just came onto the forum to see what's happening on the overseas trip, and have had to wade through pages of banal nonsense about Kate's skirt or coat or whatever blowing up :(

Keep up the good work Sun Lion - this is what most people want to read!
I suppose this is true, as evidenced by the popularity of magazines like the "Woman's Day" and "New Idea". Most people who are reading about this tour probably are more concerned about how Kate smells to school children than issues such as the woman's apparent lack of commonsense evidenced by her continuing to wear dresses that are likely to blow up in heavy wind, and philosophical issues such as why women feel compelled to wear dresses and high heels at all. Diana would never have made the errors Kate keeps repeating.

And, Wyevale and your ilk, by "ignoring" Bertie you are missing out on the valuable statistics she compiles each week and posts here, and her immense knowledge on the subject of the British Royals. Your loss. I'm sure that she won't lose any sleep over being shunned by you.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince George arrive in New Zealand for tour - hellomagazine.com
Old 04-07-2014, 06:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Wyevale and your ilk, by "ignoring" Bertie you are missing out on the valuable statistics she compiles each week and posts here, and her immense knowledge on the subject of the British Royals.
No loss WHATSOEVER... i'm more than capable of compiling statistics, and know enough about the British royal family not to need input from Iluvbertie.. thank you very much !
Old 04-07-2014, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Our Aussie republicans (Iluvbertie) are at it again. pay no attention to them, they like to think their criticisms are valid.

Catherine looked amazing with slight ruffle in he skirt
Old 04-07-2014, 06:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
This board is about giving personal opinions within TRF rules while attacking other posters for giving personal opinions is not within TRF rules.

Cambridge and critizism seems to be a very difficult topic.
Can't agree more, and we can ad that this forum would be the only place to not criticise the Cambridges as, let's face it, the popularity of the couple is quite challenged, for good reasons, everywhere else.

So let's see the "wonder couple" at work for once and what they can bring to the British Monarchy !
Old 04-07-2014, 06:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
She only had to google the city to find out its nickname and that wind is a feature of that city. She had every chance to find out - if she was at all interested in finding out anything about the places she is going to visit.

That is an excuse I wouldn't accept from a Year 3 (8 year old student) these days let along a representative of a foreign country who has had issues with her dresses flying up before.

The very minimum preparation she should have done is look into the vagaries of the weather in each place she will visit and prepare accordingly - she failed to do so it seems and more excuses are being made for her failures.

'no way of knowing' is far from the truth - 'no interest in knowing' - that seems to be closer to what has happened.

She had so much potential but has so far done nothing with it. I keep hoping that she will prove herself but again and again she fails to do the right thing.

Stop pretending Catherine has caused WW 3!
Her dress has flown up a bit for a second - so what?! There are heavy winds causing EVERY dress to fly up. The dress and the coat seem to be of a rather thick texture (it´s not a thin summer dress), so she has done everything to prevend it from flying up. But the winds on the tarmac were even too heavy for that. And yes, we HAVE seen the same thing happening to the Queen once or twice, too!

I think it was a great performance by the whole of the Cambridge family, happy and dignified as always!
I wish them every success (and fun!) for this royal tour!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Our Aussie republicans (Iluvbertie) are at it again. pay no attention to them, they like to think their criticisms are valid.
I'm sorry but that's an incredible rude and completely out of line comment. Nobody's opinions should be completely ignored or their criticisms declared invalid because people disagree with them.

This is an opinion based forum, if we stuck to the facts and left opinons alone the post count in the threads would be much much lower. Conversation happens when opinions are offered and to completely discount a persons opinion means the conversation with eventually stop dead.

iluvberties opinions are shared by many, including myself, if posters would like to put other posters on ignore because their comments aren't all complimentary, nicey nicey then feel free but that will make for a sickly sweet forum where reality will just be ignored.

Nobody has used abusive language, nobody has done this vs that and it should stay that way. The posters who are getting aggresive because some people offered a different opinion should take a step back else this is going to escalate and no doubt this thread will be closed periodically thoughout the 3 week tour which is of no use to anyone.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Here's a nice clear pic:

William, Catherine and George: Photo
The Duchess is radiant in red,wonder what the weather is like in New Zealand at the moment?
Old 04-07-2014, 06:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The Duchess is radiant in red,wonder what the weather is like in New Zealand at the moment?
The Cambridges were met with cold, wet and windy weather. Current temp is 19'C and is due to stay around the same for the next few days. Looks like rain Tues, Wed, Thurs and then sun Fri and Sat.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Cambridges were met with cold, wet and windy weather. Current temp is 19'C and is due to stay around the same for the next few days. Looks like rain Tues, Wed, Thurs and then sun Fri and Sat.
Thanks Lumutqueen

19C is not too bad,keep forgetting its autumn down under!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Thanks Lumutqueen

19C is not too bad,keep forgetting its autumn down under!
I was discussing this with my mum this morning because we watched the news of the missing Malaysian aeroplane which is always reported from Perth and it looks stunning there! Even their autumn is better than our Spring!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Stop pretending Catherine has caused WW 3!
Her dress has flown up a bit for a second - so what?! There are heavy winds causing EVERY dress to fly up. The dress and the coat seem to be of a rather thick texture (it´s not a thin summer dress), so she has done everything to prevend it from flying up. But the winds on the tarmac were even too heavy for that. And yes, we HAVE seen the same thing happening to the Queen once or twice, too!

I think it was a great performance by the whole of the Cambridge family, happy and dignified as always!
I wish them every success (and fun!) for this royal tour!
Here, here!!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Heir Apparent

George looks like William in the face, particularly the top half, but with softened angles...he's going to be striking when he's older.

LaRae
Old 04-07-2014, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

George baby is soo cute he has the most chubby face.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'm sorry but that's an incredible rude and completely out of line comment. Nobody's opinions should be completely ignored or their criticisms declared invalid because people disagree with them.

No, I´m sorry I have to agree with Rudolph, that this poster seems always to be negative only for the cause of negativity!

This is an opinion based forum, if we stuck to the facts and left opinons alone the post count in the threads would be much much lower. Conversation happens when opinions are offered and to completely discount a persons opinion means the conversation with eventually stop dead.

I can´t see why it would be an disadvantage if the thread´s post counts were lower?! I can only speak for myself, but I´m much more interested in royal photos or video clips than "opinions" of people I do not know!

iluvberties opinions are shared by many, including myself, if posters would like to put other posters on ignore because their comments aren't all complimentary, nicey nicey then feel free but that will make for a sickly sweet forum where reality will just be ignored.

Well, nasty comments aren´t necassarily "Reality"...

Nobody has used abusive language, nobody has done this vs that and it should stay that way. The posters who are getting aggresive because some people offered a different opinion should take a step back else this is going to escalate and no doubt this thread will be closed periodically thoughout the 3 week tour which is of no use to anyone.
No, nobody used abusive language. But you still can be mean and negative in a disguised kind of way, you can even destroy a person without using abusive words.

Tags
australia, cambridge, catherine, new zealand, william