The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
And I'm sure they would have just loved a wave......
I can imagine though that the dog was gravely disappointed that Lupo wasn't part of the entourage. All that work getting his 2 legged staff to get him to the airport on time and not a sign of Lupo. He was looking forward to the royal tail wag.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-06-2014, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Imagine how special they would have felt if they had been given a smile or a wave! The split second that would have taken would have left a lifetime impression.
Yes, anyone waiting for them, no matter how few, would have felt very treated indeed.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Many reports say it's a pity that we've seen George before they arrive new zealand... I think that if the official wanted to avoid this they have not done a great job JIMO
Old 04-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Sorry, I think people are making a big deal out of nothing. William and Kate probably didn't even see the two people standing behind the fence. It's not like they were standing right in front of them, and William and Kate failed to acknowledge them.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Yes, anyone waiting for them, no matter how few, would have felt very treated indeed.
Well that, er, crowd, did get their 15 minutes of fame this morning.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
So until they are in New Zealand on on "duty" they shouldn't take the time to acknowledge the people who have gone out of their way to see them?
Wave to whom a big old empty tarmac. Why wave at all when you have a whole Australian tour to come?
Old 04-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Nobility

Yes, a wave would have been nice when exiting the terminal, not on the tarmac.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

On the way to the airport to welcome Prince William, the Duchess Catherine & Prince George. Can't pedal in robes! pic.twitter.com/k1vlC9jdQB
Weather so bad in Wellington (fog major probs) that Cambridges may be diverted to Auckland. Due to land now-delayed. pic.twitter.com/NsYW5OmGIR
Fog getting worse at Welington Airport but royal flight should be OK to land. Otherwise it's an airport 2 hours away

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-06-2014, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Doubts about the landing due to bad weather Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 23 sec #royal Latest on #William & #Kate: some doubt they able to land in #Wellington - am told they'll make 2 passes to land, if no joy, divert
Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 3 min
Weather so bad in Wellington (fog major probs) that Cambridges may be diverted to Auckland. Due to land now-delayed. pic.twitter.com/NsYW5OmGIR
Old 04-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Majesty

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's tour in New Zeland (departure) |Blog - Spletnik.ru
Old 04-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Wow, pretty nasty comment to someone who has the right to voice her opinion about what's going on in her country. I also wish they had turned around and given the crowd a view of George kicking and waving his arms, who is a big strapping boy BTW. It would have only taken a minute of their time and made a nice impression. It's the little things that count, you know.....
Of course people have a right to voice their opinion. In this instance, however, it's clear that certain posters go out of their way to find even the tiniest thing to trash William and Kate for. They have been determined to paint this tour as a failure since long before the Cambridges even left the UK. Had they waved, the complaint would have been that they didn't wave for long enough, or they didn't smile enough, or that their smiles were fake, that they didn't pose for this one woman to get a clear picture of them.

I can understand the frustration some here feel at posters who only ever post negative and unfair criticism, not infrequently with a fairly nasty tone. As we all know, there are other royal forums on the internet where people delight in those sorts posts, I didn't think TRF was one of them.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Cambridges running c30 mins late. Now due 12.15 NZ time (01.15 UK). 50/50 chance of plane being diverted to RNZAF Base Ohakea due to fog.
A motorcade from the Ohakea airbase is Plan B #ttrtpt #royaltourNZ

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate 1 min The arrival has been delayed by 30 minutes.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Flight diverted to Auckland
Old 04-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Live Coverage is Starting Up-
Watch Reuters Live Online live at Livestation.com

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Flight diverted to Auckland
I hope not as that is 400 miles away. There is an RNZAF base closer (Ohakea) - which the pilot will know.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Now they say wellington again
REUTERS working Watch Reuters Live Online live at Livestation.com
Old 04-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
Yes, a wave would have been nice when exiting the terminal, not on the tarmac.
I just watched the "Sunrise" coverage so I get the logistics of it all now. Not surprised they didn't wave when they were getting onto the plane. From that distance it was not clear that the people were there to see them, and they might not have wanted to look silly by waving at people who were oblivious to their presence.

But we now know that there is definitely one Australian who is excited about the visit!

I must watch the "Sunrise" coverage of the rest of the tour. It's great fun.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Of course people have a right to voice their opinion. In this instance, however, it's clear that certain posters go out of their way to find even the tiniest thing to trash William and Kate for. They have been determined to paint this tour as a failure since long before the Cambridges even left the UK. Had they waved, the complaint would have been that they didn't wave for long enough, or they didn't smile enough, or that their smiles were fake, that they didn't pose for this one woman to get a clear picture of them.

I can understand the frustration some here feel at posters who only ever post negative and unfair criticism, not infrequently with a fairly nasty tone. As we all know, there are other royal forums on the internet where people delight in those sorts posts, I didn't think TRF was one of them.
Well, then, welcome to the Royal Forums and hopefully you'll enjoy your time here. You'll get a variable view of what posters will think here, and this thread will be chock full of these differing opinions as this trip unfolds. No site is free of criticism, and I doubt that this one is the exception so expect lively, not necessarily nasty, debate going on. Unfortunately, though, nastiness is often directed against those who do have a different viewpoint of the couple.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Now they say wellington again
REUTERS working Watch Reuters Live Online live at Livestation.com
Live stream is showing a plane backing away from a Wellington gate. And a plane just landed.
Heaven's, I'm reporting weather news.

Tags
australia, cambridge, catherine, new zealand, william