Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - Sept 24-Oct 1, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
William's proficiency in speaking French is well known. Nothing has changed. Nothing is going to change.

I'm sure there is a thread on languages for people who want to continue to beat the topic to death.

Thank you, Duc_et_Pair

I'll agree that the mispronunciations and not knowing words is a problem, but I'd frankly no more expect a Brit to speak French with a French accent than I expect the French to speak English with a native English accent.

Prince William and Kate will be presented with food prepared by 50 elementary school children when they stop by Mission Hill Winery as part of their visit to Kelowna on Tuesday.

The main event of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's scheduled 55-minute visit to the winery is the Taste of British Columbia Festival, where the royals will move between stations showing off different aspects of the province's agriculture and food industries.

Four of those stations will be manned by chefs and students participating in the Chefs in the Classroom program.
Read more: Kelowna kids preparing food for royal visit - British Columbia - CBC News

Prince William has endorsed the Great Bear Rainforest on B.C.'s central coast under the Queen's Commonwealth Canopy initiative.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were in the area to experience Indigenous culture in the small First Nation community of Bella Bella, along with B.C. Premier Christy Clark, who announced a $1-million trust will be created to celebrate the royal visit and to promote the unique landscape.

The Queen's Canopy Commonwealth initiative was launched in 2015 to create a network of forest conservation programs involving all 53 countries in the Commonwealth. As part of the network, regions can share ideas and innovations about forest conservation and receive global attention for their efforts.

The fund will help raise awareness about the Great Bear Rainforest and support ongoing research, the provincial government said in a statement
Read more: Royals in Bella Bella endorse Great Bear Rainforest as part of Queen's Commonwealth Canopy - British Columbia - CBC News

Last edited by a moderator:
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - Autumn 2016

Glad William and Kate got to see a really beautiful area of BC! The area (and the west coast in general!) is really stunning!!

interesting article on tonight's reception

"William and Kate urged to confront past colonial wrongs in Canada
At glitzy reception, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will come face to face with artwork representing ‘cultural genocide’"
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...front-colonial-wrongs-canada?CMP=share_btn_tw

"She questioned whether this week’s visit would simply yield a series of photo opportunities using indigenous culture as a backdrop, or whether the royal couple would seek to address some of the tough issues. “It needs to move beyond the fun stuff to deal with the life and death issues facing First Nations,” she said. “This is their legacy. So what are they going to do to remedy that legacy?”

at the park
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtUDrEYWYAAWV-u.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtUDJGfXYAA7b_R.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtULsVPUkAEG_nY.jpg

Last edited:

It took me a while to find it but reading about the Great Bear rainforest and William's endorsing it reminded me that this isn't the first time in Canada that William has been approached to conservation efforts in regarding bears and the environment.

Not that long ago, I watched a movie called Spirit Bear which is a true story about a 15 year old boy, Simon Jackson, and his efforts to protect and preserve the Kermode bear which is native to British Columbia. There's a clip in the movie where Jackson presents a petition to Charles, William and Harry on their visit to British Columbia in 1998 (in the movie during the clip, it was implied that the petition was handed to the royals). Interesting to note that during this specific visit to Canada, William was billed as the "teenage heartthrob". :D

Its definitely a good movie to watch if you get a chance to.

Glad William and Kate got to see a really beautiful area of BC! The area (and the west coast in general!) is really stunning!!

I was born in be and spent many of my early childhood years near there. I love seeing these photos.

Still trying yo convince my parents to go yo Kelowna. They live less than a half hour away but they have little interest in royals, giving me a byplay is not enough for them.

Lovely gesture by William and Catherine. Giving the flowers they received to the BC Children's Hospital.

BCChildren'sHospital ‏@BCChildrensHosp
Flowers given to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal were given to our young patients @BCChildrensHosp #RoyalVisitCanada

https://twitter.com/BCChildrensHosp/status/780255409365921800

https://twitter.com/BCChildrensHosp/status/780217274741370880

https://twitter.com/BCChildrensHosp/status/780213768420626432

Picture:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the reception at Government House tonight-
https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/status/780605170002567168/photo/1
First- Loved it. The couple with children made me cry. Anybody else surprised
William did not dive into the sandbox? Robert Hardy totally would have. Daria does i**** have one? If not better get one so when they come we can all dive in. Or go to the park.Hopefully that's not saying anything too personal- it's midnight. Also loved William with the dog, and in a a couple of photos- I swear he looked like the King already.
Ladongas- to your Justin question- h**** no! My first thought was- D**** he's married! Who knows though, might be a complete j**k. No offense.
Polyesco- Love the picture in the DM of William and the little boy. My guess William just said something funny.
Rudolph- Makes one tear up. Not surprised. Typical. Ordinary for this extraordinary couple.
Dman - Love that dress.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit a university and get a taste of British Columbia’s culinary scene Tuesday on their visit to Kelowna, B.C.

William and Kate will begin the next leg of their tour with a stop at the University of British Columbia Okanagan, where they’ll unveil a plaque marking the 10th anniversary of the campus.

They’ll also meet students and check out a demonstration by the women’s volleyball team.

Later in the afternoon, the couple will head to the Mission Hill Family Estate, where they’ll view a vineyard and learn about the province’s agrifood sector at the Taste of British Columbia Festival.

Some of B.C.’s celebrity chefs will showcase their skills in cooking demonstrations for the couple.
Read more: William and Kate to visit vineyard, university on Okanagan leg of royal tour - CityNews

Full Itinerary

The 2016 Royal Tour of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

First- Loved it. The couple with children made me cry. Anybody else surprised

William did not dive into the sandbox? Robert Hardy totally would have. Daria does i**** have one? If not better get one so when they come we can all dive in. Or go to the park.Hopefully that's not saying anything too personal- it's midnight. Also loved William with the dog, and in a a couple of photos- I swear he looked like the King already.

Ladongas- to your Justin question- h**** no! My first thought was- D**** he's married! Who knows though, might be a complete j**k. No offense.

Polyesco- Love the picture in the DM of William and the little boy. My guess William just said something funny.

Rudolph- Makes one tear up. Not surprised. Typical. Ordinary for this extraordinary couple.

Dman - Love that dress.

No, we don't have a sandbox, but our new OT room just got two therapy swings. I wish we would get a ball pit. The kids would love it (and I won't be opposed to going in it with them. I do agree with you, this couple has a magic touch when it comes to children. I've yet to see a child that wants nothing to do with them (and I'm not counting children that are shy, because those will take time to warm up to anyone, including those of us who are excellent with children).

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Prince William didn't read briefing papers on Diana link to charity | Royal | News | Daily Express

once again William jokes about being unprepared ... in India he admitted at a high profile reception meeting the superstar of the genre that he had never seen a Bollywood movie, this time he didn't read his briefing notes finding out about the connection to his mother.
some may find it funny but I find it poor preparation and taste with regard to those who make an effort for the event and to meet William.

:previous: ouch. It reflects very poorly on a 34 year to admit he did not read his notes (prepared for him). This trip is planned very far in advance for him not to read the notes.
I know he has a lot on his plate, but this is not the first time. Hopefully he can finish reading the notes:flowers:

Something about that story doesn't make sense. If the visit was planned because of the connection to Diana that would have been done at William's request.

Courtiers wouldn't just do something like that without his approval.

I'm not sure Richard Palmer is telling the whole story or he left out some facts or is twisting the story.

Prince William didn't read briefing papers on Diana link to charity | Royal | News | Daily Express

once again William jokes about being unprepared ... in India he admitted at a high profile reception meeting the superstar of the genre that he had never seen a Bollywood movie, this time he didn't read his briefing notes finding out about the connection to his mother.
some may find it funny but I find it poor preparation and taste with regard to those who make an effort for the event and to meet William.

Do you seriously believe, even for an instant, that the Queen reads and recalls every single word of every single briefing document she receives? Really? Or does she, like most people, probably read most of it and the most important bits of it to get a general gist and then ask relevant questions to understand who she's meeting and why?

Honestly, keep scraping the barrel with the criticisms. When William's on a visit and meeting the people there, he tries to make an actual connection. He makes real conversation with the public, he shakes their hands, he gives them hugs when asked, he makes fun of himself and his shortcomings and he participates. Something the Queen generally doesn't do and has never done, much as I love her.

that is the thinnest of links. Good lord.

It seems dumb to read briefing notes AFTER you've gone somewhere. I don't quite care for Richard, so I'll take it with a grain of salt, that being said, Will really does need to read his notes. The India one is nonsense, imo. While Bollywood is a huge industry, I don't think it's bad that Will has never seen a Bollywood film.

Another issue for me is Richard Palmer seems to be the only person to have heard this. Given his admitted habit for making 'mischief', I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Do you seriously believe, even for an instant, that the Queen reads and recalls every single word of every single briefing document she receives? Really? Or does she, like most people, probably read most of it and the most important bits of it to get a general gist and then ask relevant questions to understand who she's meeting and why?

Honestly, keep scraping the barrel with the criticisms. When William's on a visit and meeting the people there, he tries to make an actual connection. He makes real conversation with the public, he shakes their hands, he gives them hugs when asked, he makes fun of himself and his shortcomings and he participates. Something the Queen generally doesn't do and has never done, much as I love her.

Excellent points! Som people just need to find something to complain about.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom