The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-24-2016, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

No selfies, no calling her Kate and no hats after 6.30pm: Ever-polite Canadians issue etiquette guide on how locals should greet Duke and Duchess of Cambridge | Daily Mail Online

Old 09-24-2016, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The official Welcome party is getting themselves prepared-
https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAn...495424/video/1

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
When Prince William, his wife Kate and their children land in Victoria on Saturday aboard a Royal Canadian Air Force helicopter, the future king and queen will survey the city that has more connections to the monarchy than any other place in Canada.

Parts of the city named in 1844 after Prince William’s great, great, great, great-grandmother Queen Victoria still resemble a slice of England, complete with Tudor-style mansions and double-decker buses painted with the Union Jack.

In Victoria’s inner harbour, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will see two of the city’s most prominent landmarks — the Fairmont Empress Hotel, named after Queen Victoria’s additional title Empress of India, and the provincial parliament buildings, both of which were built by British architect Francis Rattenbury
Read more: Why Victoria is the perfect place to begin the royal tour - Macleans.ca
Old 09-24-2016, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Preparations for the Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge

Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Pictures and Photos | Getty Images
Old 09-24-2016, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The red carpet has been officially rolled out for the arrival of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as well as Prince George and Princess Charlotte as they arrive in Victoria later tonight.

But despite the visit starting later on Saturday, people all across Canada and the world started to welcome the Royal Family with a wave of adoring tweets before the Royal Family even arrived.
Read more: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge receive a royal welcome to Canada on social media : The Loop

Watch live

LIVE1: Royal family arrives in Victoria | CTV News

With sound

Canada royal tour 2016 live: Prince William and Kate Middleton arrive with George and Charlotte - Mirror Online
Old 09-24-2016, 06:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

More Livestream Coverage-
Royal Visit Canada: Prince William, Kate and the kids arrive in Victoria - British Columbia - CBC News

The Cambridge's have landed!

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-24-2016, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness

Love Catherine's dress and hat! Especially love that her hair is pulled back. Very chic. Kids are cute!
Old 09-24-2016, 07:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 2m2 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess with Prince George and Princess Charlotte have arrived in Canada to a warm welcome!
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...21879746002944

George was of course was a little shy, but smiled and waved. The family look beautiful.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-24-2016, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

Twitter photos from some of the Royal reporters now out.

Such a change in PG since the NZ and Oz disembarking photos only a couple of years ago - looks like he will be a tall lad.

Very smart look for Catherine. Nice everyone being in blue.

(And an arrest has been made in the Pippa Middleton hack incident. "Daily Mail/Mail Online" has the details. Can't post in that thread at present.)
Old 09-24-2016, 07:24 PM
Royal Highness

Charlotte has grown quite a bit since we last saw her! George seems to have shot up quite a bit as well. He is looking like a little boy now, not a toddler anymore! Poor George did seem a bit overwhelmed by it all- it must be very difficult to be three, have just flown 9 hours and be very jetlagged and tired, be surrounded by many photographers and reporters who are all pointing their cameras at YOU, and to have lots of "big people" trying to talk with you. Charlotte seemed very calm, however, chewing on her fingers like she was at Trooping of the Colour! I wonder if she's still teething or if it's a habit of hers, like sucking a thumb (when I was little I didn't suck my thumb, but sucked the first two fingers of my left hand).
Old 09-24-2016, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the children were excellent so well behaved
Old 09-24-2016, 07:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Zussman ‏@richardzussman 3m3 minutes ago
The Duchess is wearing Jenny Packham with hat by Lock and Co and Queens maple Leaf broach. #RoyalVisitCanada
https://twitter.com/richardzussman/s...24398052106240

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-24-2016, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

THEY'RE HERE!! YAAAYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Love Catherine's dress and hat! Especially love that her hair is pulled back. Very chic. Kids are cute!

Yes!! She looked pitch perfect & I adored her hat. Kate just looked gorgeous!!

Poor George...Having to shake hands w/people he didn't know when there was a Sea King landing behind them. Which of course is far more important to a 3 year old.

Considering the time difference and the strangeness of it all, both Littlies did very well IMO. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-24-2016, 07:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 2m2 minutes ago
Charlotte seems to be cutting another set of teeth, poor little thing. Doesn't she look gorgeous? #RoyalVisitCanada
https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...26358910349312

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4m4 minutes ago
The Cambridges colour-coordinated in blue today.

Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 3m3 minutes ago
Closer look at Kate's Lock & Co hat with maple leaf flower. And new sapphire earrings?? #RoyalVisitCanada
https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...28705954856960

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-24-2016, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

The little ones did a great job so well behaved

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-24-2016, 07:47 PM
Majesty

George and Charlotte did wonderfully, considering the length of flight. George appeared to be a little bit overwhelmed, but he behaved very, very well, and did his best to engage. Charlotte's hair grew a bit and she seemed a little dazed. Catherine looked very elegant and I love the brooch.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 3m3 minutes ago
Closer look at Kate's Lock & Co hat with maple leaf flower. And new sapphire earrings?? #RoyalVisitCanada
https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...28705954856960
Those look like the Tanzanite ones she wore for the Afghanistan service in 2015. Catherine's Earrings
Old 09-24-2016, 07:57 PM
Serene Highness

Fabulous arrival photos - better quality than the twitter pics - now on "Daily Mail/Mail Online".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
George and Charlotte did wonderfully, considering the length of flight. George appeared to be a little bit overwhelmed, but he behaved very, very well, and did his best to engage. Charlotte's hair grew a bit and she seemed a little dazed. Catherine looked very elegant and I love the brooch.

Daria_S, did you see the photo where Charlotte is playing with the brooch.

Actually there are a couple of photos - at the top of the stairs and again down on the tarmac - where she is playing with it.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

The royals are late. But there was a bald man in a blue suit that everyone thought was William.

(I am presently outside the BC Legislative building)