The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-22-2016, 10:32 AM
Royal Highness

Weather Forecast for Victoria, BC (temperatures in C) for the next 7 days.

Very similar to English weather as Vancouver island and coastal BC have a Köppen Cfb climate just like northwestern Europe.

Old 09-22-2016, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Full itinerary with times and dates.

https://reportca.net/2016/09/itinera...nd-back-again/

Old 09-22-2016, 08:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Full itinerary with times and dates.

https://reportca.net/2016/09/itinera...nd-back-again/
Ouch. That 4pm PDT event on the 24th is midnight in BST, so they'll be meeting with Trudeau and Johnson at the UK equivalent of 2am. Jet lag is not fun.

Hopefully, George and Charlotte fly well and W&K get in a nap on the plane.

It's notable that most of the press flew today; Victoria Murphy actually flew yesterday.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:37 PM
Majesty

wow - what precision in the schedule!
"10:12 a.m. — Tour of Victoria Cridge Centre for the Family, which provides shelter, care and hope for children, women, families and the elderly"

that truly is british timing. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post

Hopefully, George and Charlotte fly well and W&K get in a nap on the plane.
i am sure they will, the nanny is travelling with them so i am sure they will try to catch up on sleep on the plane to be fresh for the events.

most people start adjusting to the new time some days before and seeing they have a few engagements on the first day, maybe they will start adjusting to canadian time in the UK by trying to delay the time they go to bed the days prior to the visit.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-23-2016, 04:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Date and timings-
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/excell...200900673.html

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-23-2016, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton and Prince William set off for Canada visit with TWELVE staff | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-23-2016, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today announced that he will participate in a number of events taking place during the Royal Tour to Canada of Their Royal Highnesses, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

On Saturday, September 24, the Prime Minister and Mrs. Grégoire Trudeau will participate in the Official Welcoming to Canada and British Columbia ceremony at the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia. The Prime Minister will later have a private audience with The Duke and Duchess.

On Sunday, the Prime Minister and Mrs. Grégoire Trudeau will accompany Their Royal Highnesses on a tour of the Immigrant Services Society’s new Welcome Centre in Vancouver – the first, purpose-built facility of its kind that provides settlement, education, and employment services for thousands of immigrants and refugees each year. Later that day, the four will attend a youth reception in Vancouver where they will meet young Canadians who are helping to make a difference in their communities.

Their Royal Highnesses, the Prime Minister, and Mrs. Grégoire Trudeau will also visit Kitsilano Coast Guard Station for a first responders showcase. They will tour the station and speak to first responders about the issues they face every day in carrying out their life-saving work.

Canadians have tremendous affection for the Royal Family, and are excited to welcome The Duke and Duchess to our nation for their second official Royal Tour of Canada. Sophie and I look forward to showcasing beautiful British Columbia and to promoting awareness of both youth and mental health issues alongside Their Royal Highnesses.”

—Rt. Honourable Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada

Prime Minister welcomes Their Royal Highnesses, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, to Canada | Prime Minister of Canada
Old 09-23-2016, 11:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sure CPAC will be providing live coverage again-
http://www.cpac.ca/en/

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-23-2016, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I typo with the best of them, but that para on THE PRIVATE SECRETARY AND OPERATIONS MANAGER is excruciatingly in need of a grammar check re: use of pronouns. Who and what? I finally figured it out but had to reread.

Why would you announce a team change while on on overseas tour? "
who manage the young royals' social media accounts, are expected to be joined by a new arrival - to be announced when they touch down in Victoria on Saturday." DM

I can't see any advantage to this as it would take the edge off the focus of the tour? A Canadian perhaps? Maybe the name is embargoed until the 24th?
Sorry for the pedantic post. It's been that kind of week.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada, National Capital Chapter is pleased to announce a Royal Wish with The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

Quote:
The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada, National Capital Chapter, is pleased to announce a Royal Wish. 14-year-old Victoria Foster will be granted her most heartfelt wish to meet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

On Thursday September 22nd, Victoria and her family traveled from Ottawa, Ontario to Victoria, British Columbia. On the evening of Saturday, September 24th, at 5:30pm PST, she will present the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, travelling with their children Prince George and Princess Charlotte, with flowers at the Official Welcome Ceremony to Canada and British Columbia.

The welcome ceremony will take place at the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia in Victoria.
Read more: The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada, National Capital Chapter is pleased to announce a Royal
Old 09-23-2016, 07:34 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To the average person, upon hearing that the Duke and Duchess are going to tour Canada and British Columbia and even glance at the itinerary, it would seem like there's a lot of official functions, things of interest to highlight the best of where they're visiting and a precisely timed day planner that is scheduled down to the minute sometime.

What I love to see focused on and brought to attention is the detail of the planning that makes these tours so special. Things like the Children's Wish Foundation being able to fulfill a special wish to a special teenager and "officially" greet the Cambridges. I'm sure we'll be hearing many other heart warming stories during this tour and to me, it shows the level of thought and planning that go into these tours to make them special.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-23-2016, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Everyone in Victoria is talking about the upcoming arrival of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, William and Catherine, and their children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte.

Even those who won’t be in town when the royals arrive in British Columbia on Saturday are still excited they are coming.

At Gala Fabrics on Douglas Street, the owner has set up a display welcoming the Duke and Duchess to her city.
Read more: Royal visit 2016: Victoria buzzing ahead of Will and Kate’s arrival | Globalnews.ca
Old 09-24-2016, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Reminder - Itinerary for Saturday, September 24, 2016 | Prime Minister of Canada

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-24-2016, 09:26 AM
Aristocracy

No more than before I know the two Ds will be royally welcomed.

But - just guessing! - the major interest will be on George and Charlotte. I believe at least one occasion has been selectd for them.

Pity in a way the UK have to wait to officially see their own RF abroad rahter than at home.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

For people in Canada, CTV News World will have live coverage today. There are others but I find CTV to be the best.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Dman! Are those BC times? I'm guessing that they are. So arrival 7 PM EDT (Ottawa) and Midnight London time. And 9 AM Sydney time. I just checked and the forecast is cloudy, but only 20% chance of rain at arrival!
Old 09-24-2016, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

It's a pity we didn't get a picture of their departure. I recall we did get one on their last trip, such trips are always nice to see departures. Anyways, can't wait for the visit to begin.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:14 PM
Royal Highness

William and Kate coming to Canada
CTV News Channel: Will and Kate coming to Canada | CTV News