The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-11-2016, 06:35 AM
Nobility

Has there been any confirmation (yes or no) as to if the young royals will be joining their parents on the Canadian tour this month?

Old 09-11-2016, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
Has there been any confirmation (yes or no) as to if the young royals will be joining their parents on the Canadian tour this month?

Not yet. There will probably be and official statement closer to the tour.

Old 09-11-2016, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

The Crown in Canada ‏@TheCrownCa
The complete itinerary for the Sept. 24–Oct. 1 #RoyalTour of The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge will be available tomorrow!
Old 09-12-2016, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

royal.uk Further details of The Duke and Duchess's tour to Canada

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal The Duke & Duchess, Prince George & Princess Charlotte will arrive into Victoria Canada on 24 Sept #RoyalVisitCanada

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal TRH will spend their first full day of #RoyalVisitCanada in Vancouver, visiting a number of the city's important projects and organisations.

The Crown in Canada ‏@TheCrownCa Find out the full itinerary for the #RoyalTour of The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge. http://ow.ly/nfLo3043GLs
Old 09-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The visit is getting close now,looking forward to see the Cambridge family in Canada!
Old 09-12-2016, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

So George and Charlotte are confirmed. Victoria is home base and there is one overnight stay.
The 29th is an obvious family event. Any ideas on if/what the children might also be helping to do? On the sly, maybe Top 5 “Hands-On” Vancouver Museums for Kids | Inside Vancouver Blog thought I doubt it.
I envy them this trip! Such a beautiful and enchanting itinerary while having some real content as well.
And looking to the weather, Whitehorse looks to be just under ten degrees and a mix of sun and clouds while they will be there. Carcross has a rainy-er forecast.
Bella Bella may be warmer by 5 degrees, but, being rain forest, likely will be wetish.
Kelowna: Warmer yet and a good chance of sun.
Haida Gwaii looks to be in the low teens. None to spotty rain (Haida Gwaii actually merits a beach forecast), though I suppose it will depend on the day and the location in the area.
And this time of year Victoria/Vancouver will be in the upper teens and mostly sunny. Enjoyable for the children!
I kinda can't wait!
Old 09-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Great Bear Rainforest to receive special designation

Quote:
As part of their upcoming Royal Tour, Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will officially endorse the Great Bear Rainforest under The Queen’s Commonwealth Canopy initiative, Premier Christy Clark confirmed today.

The Great Bear Rainforest was originally established through land-use decisions first announced in 2006. Earlier this year, after extensive discussions with First Nations and stakeholders, a final ecosystem-based management system was agreed to and additional new areas will be protected.
Read more: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2016PREM0099-001666
Old 09-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
royal.uk Further details of The Duke and Duchess's tour to Canada

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal The Duke & Duchess, Prince George & Princess Charlotte will arrive into Victoria Canada on 24 Sept #RoyalVisitCanada

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal TRH will spend their first full day of #RoyalVisitCanada in Vancouver, visiting a number of the city's important projects and organisations.

The Crown in Canada ‏@TheCrownCa Find out the full itinerary for the #RoyalTour of The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge. http://ow.ly/nfLo3043GLs

It is nice the Kensington Palace site reminded us that Canada is "the largest Commonwealth realm", or, as I would put it, the "jewel of the Crown" outside the British Isles (with Australia, of course, being a close second). It is not surprising that the British Royal Family takes their ties to Canada very seriously and, accordingly, Canada gets so many royal tours compared to other realms.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Canada is the oldest realm outside of the Isles and has always been very supportive of it's monarchy.

“Canada made us!”, King Geroge VI and Queen Elizabeth both said on many occasions about their great 1939 tour of Canada.

The tour was the first major undertaking of their reign. Making it a success schooled them in the practice of monarchy.

Princess Anna has already visited this year as did Edward and Sophie for DoE Awards.

The Duke of Kent will make a visit this month in regards to a military regiment. We see our fair share of royals, after all, their our family as well
Old 09-13-2016, 12:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
So George and Charlotte are confirmed. Victoria is home base and there is one overnight stay.
The 29th is an obvious family event. Any ideas on if/what the children might also be helping to do? On the sly, maybe Top 5 “Hands-On” Vancouver Museums for Kids | Inside Vancouver Blog thought I doubt it.
I envy them this trip! Such a beautiful and enchanting itinerary while having some real content as well.
And looking to the weather, Whitehorse looks to be just under ten degrees and a mix of sun and clouds while they will be there. Carcross has a rainy-er forecast.
Bella Bella may be warmer by 5 degrees, but, being rain forest, likely will be wetish.
Kelowna: Warmer yet and a good chance of sun.
Haida Gwaii looks to be in the low teens. None to spotty rain (Haida Gwaii actually merits a beach forecast), though I suppose it will depend on the day and the location in the area.
And this time of year Victoria/Vancouver will be in the upper teens and mostly sunny. Enjoyable for the children!
I kinda can't wait!
September in the Pacific NW is usually beautiful weather. Looking at the 10-day forecast for the Portland metro area (which is about 6 hours south of Vancouver BC), we are expecting highs in the low 70s and partly cloudy/sunny days next week. Hopefully the clouds will clear out and give them some of our fabulous early fall sunshine. This is the time of year that makes me love living in the PNW.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
September in the Pacific NW is usually beautiful weather. Looking at the 10-day forecast for the Portland metro area (which is about 6 hours south of Vancouver BC), we are expecting highs in the low 70s and partly cloudy/sunny days next week. Hopefully the clouds will clear out and give them some of our fabulous early fall sunshine. This is the time of year that makes me love living in the PNW.

Yet in Vancouver, it's expected to rain all next week. We don't get as much rain as we do in October/November/December/January, but it's still typically more than the rest of the year, especially by month's end.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are five spots the royals will visit during their Vancouver stop on Sunday, Sept. 25 (itinerary times have not been released):

My brother works at Kitsilano Coast Guard Station, so he hopes to get a glimpse.

Royal Tour: Five places to spot Prince William and Kate during their Vancouver visit | Vancouver Sun

Quote:
BC Children’s Hospital is thrilled to be included in the upcoming Royal Tour. On October 1, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will meet with hospital representatives as well as patients and families to discuss child and youth mental health; an area of importance for the Duchess and where she continues to do a great deal of charity work.
Read more: BC Children’s to meet with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Old 09-14-2016, 06:45 PM
Serene Highness

I hope a new family photo is released prior to the tour - maybe one taken in Scotland
Old 09-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

It would be good if they started releasing official pictures ahead of big tours.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-14-2016, 07:18 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
All the more memorable would be to have one taken on the tour of Canada. Kind of like a souvenir of the trip for all of us.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-14-2016, 07:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
All the more memorable would be to have one taken on the tour of Canada. Kind of like a souvenir of the trip for all of us.
I think they might release a family picture before the tour. The reason those pictures are released are not so much for the general public but for the press to have new pictures to run alongside the stories. Because now they run the christening and skiing pictures when talking about the tour. If a new picture is released they have that one to use leading up to it for example.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Or used for this year's holiday card, I'm guessing.
Save
Old 09-15-2016, 02:31 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
For a holiday card sounds about right and would be a nice photo to use. Hernameispekka though came up with the best reason to release a good family photo before the tour. That makes so much sense to me.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-15-2016, 03:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I think they might release a family picture before the tour. The reason those pictures are released are not so much for the general public but for the press to have new pictures to run alongside the stories. Because now they run the christening and skiing pictures when talking about the tour. If a new picture is released they have that one to use leading up to it for example.
I agree - I also believe the photos they have released in the past are used as the 'official' photo gifts they give their hosts. I recall photos being released on most of the tours - cant recall the jubilee tour - but the North America, Aust/ NZ an the India tour all had a photo released right before. we can only hope
Old 09-16-2016, 07:21 AM
Nobility

I'm not expecting to see much of George and Charlotte during the tour, save their arrival and departure; they are at a very busy age, unlike the eight month old George. But one or two slots similiar to his nursery visit with Kate would not be out of the question.

Yes, a pre-tour pic would be nice. I'm trying to remember, is the ski holiday one the past photo op? I thought a summer holiday pic in France might surface after the event.

Prehaps it will yet as a pre-tourer!

It's certainly all very orcastrated, the few and far between glimpses of the baby royals!