Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - Sept 24-Oct 1, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today announced that he will participate in a number of events taking place during the Royal Tour to Canada of Their Royal Highnesses, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

On Saturday, September 24, the Prime Minister and Mrs. Grégoire Trudeau will participate in the Official Welcoming to Canada and British Columbia ceremony at the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia. The Prime Minister will later have a private audience with The Duke and Duchess.

On Sunday, the Prime Minister and Mrs. Grégoire Trudeau will accompany Their Royal Highnesses on a tour of the Immigrant Services Society’s new Welcome Centre in Vancouver – the first, purpose-built facility of its kind that provides settlement, education, and employment services for thousands of immigrants and refugees each year. Later that day, the four will attend a youth reception in Vancouver where they will meet young Canadians who are helping to make a difference in their communities.

Their Royal Highnesses, the Prime Minister, and Mrs. Grégoire Trudeau will also visit Kitsilano Coast Guard Station for a first responders showcase. They will tour the station and speak to first responders about the issues they face every day in carrying out their life-saving work.

Canadians have tremendous affection for the Royal Family, and are excited to welcome The Duke and Duchess to our nation for their second official Royal Tour of Canada. Sophie and I look forward to showcasing beautiful British Columbia and to promoting awareness of both youth and mental health issues alongside Their Royal Highnesses.”

—Rt. Honourable Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada

Prime Minister welcomes Their Royal Highnesses, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, to Canada | Prime Minister of Canada

I typo with the best of them, but that para on THE PRIVATE SECRETARY AND OPERATIONS MANAGER is excruciatingly in need of a grammar check re: use of pronouns. Who and what? I finally figured it out but had to reread.

Why would you announce a team change while on on overseas tour? "
who manage the young royals' social media accounts, are expected to be joined by a new arrival - to be announced when they touch down in Victoria on Saturday." DM

I can't see any advantage to this as it would take the edge off the focus of the tour? A Canadian perhaps? Maybe the name is embargoed until the 24th?
Sorry for the pedantic post. It's been that kind of week. :eek:

The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada, National Capital Chapter is pleased to announce a Royal Wish with The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge

The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada, National Capital Chapter, is pleased to announce a Royal Wish. 14-year-old Victoria Foster will be granted her most heartfelt wish to meet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

On Thursday September 22nd, Victoria and her family traveled from Ottawa, Ontario to Victoria, British Columbia. On the evening of Saturday, September 24th, at 5:30pm PST, she will present the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, travelling with their children Prince George and Princess Charlotte, with flowers at the Official Welcome Ceremony to Canada and British Columbia.

The welcome ceremony will take place at the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia in Victoria.
Read more: The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada, National Capital Chapter is pleased to announce a Royal

To the average person, upon hearing that the Duke and Duchess are going to tour Canada and British Columbia and even glance at the itinerary, it would seem like there's a lot of official functions, things of interest to highlight the best of where they're visiting and a precisely timed day planner that is scheduled down to the minute sometime.

What I love to see focused on and brought to attention is the detail of the planning that makes these tours so special. Things like the Children's Wish Foundation being able to fulfill a special wish to a special teenager and "officially" greet the Cambridges. I'm sure we'll be hearing many other heart warming stories during this tour and to me, it shows the level of thought and planning that go into these tours to make them special.

Everyone in Victoria is talking about the upcoming arrival of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, William and Catherine, and their children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte.

Even those who won’t be in town when the royals arrive in British Columbia on Saturday are still excited they are coming.

At Gala Fabrics on Douglas Street, the owner has set up a display welcoming the Duke and Duchess to her city.
Read more: Royal visit 2016: Victoria buzzing ahead of Will and Kate’s arrival | Globalnews.ca

No more than before I know the two Ds will be royally welcomed.

But - just guessing! - the major interest will be on George and Charlotte. I believe at least one occasion has been selectd for them.

Pity in a way the UK have to wait to officially see their own RF abroad rahter than at home.

Last edited:
For people in Canada, CTV News World will have live coverage today. There are others but I find CTV to be the best.

It's a pity we didn't get a picture of their departure. I recall we did get one on their last trip, such trips are always nice to see departures. Anyways, can't wait for the visit to begin.

When Prince William, his wife Kate and their children land in Victoria on Saturday aboard a Royal Canadian Air Force helicopter, the future king and queen will survey the city that has more connections to the monarchy than any other place in Canada.

Parts of the city named in 1844 after Prince William’s great, great, great, great-grandmother Queen Victoria still resemble a slice of England, complete with Tudor-style mansions and double-decker buses painted with the Union Jack.

In Victoria’s inner harbour, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will see two of the city’s most prominent landmarks — the Fairmont Empress Hotel, named after Queen Victoria’s additional title Empress of India, and the provincial parliament buildings, both of which were built by British architect Francis Rattenbury
Read more: Why Victoria is the perfect place to begin the royal tour - Macleans.ca

The red carpet has been officially rolled out for the arrival of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as well as Prince George and Princess Charlotte as they arrive in Victoria later tonight.

But despite the visit starting later on Saturday, people all across Canada and the world started to welcome the Royal Family with a wave of adoring tweets before the Royal Family even arrived.
Read more: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge receive a royal welcome to Canada on social media : The Loop

Watch live

LIVE1: Royal family arrives in Victoria | CTV News

With sound

Canada royal tour 2016 live: Prince William and Kate Middleton arrive with George and Charlotte - Mirror Online

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Catherine's dress and hat! Especially love that her hair is pulled back. Very chic. Kids are cute!

Twitter photos from some of the Royal reporters now out.

Such a change in PG since the NZ and Oz disembarking photos only a couple of years ago - looks like he will be a tall lad.

Very smart look for Catherine. Nice everyone being in blue.

(And an arrest has been made in the Pippa Middleton hack incident. "Daily Mail/Mail Online" has the details. Can't post in that thread at present.)

Last edited:
Charlotte has grown quite a bit since we last saw her! George seems to have shot up quite a bit as well. He is looking like a little boy now, not a toddler anymore! Poor George did seem a bit overwhelmed by it all- it must be very difficult to be three, have just flown 9 hours and be very jetlagged and tired, be surrounded by many photographers and reporters who are all pointing their cameras at YOU, and to have lots of "big people" trying to talk with you. Charlotte seemed very calm, however, chewing on her fingers like she was at Trooping of the Colour! I wonder if she's still teething or if it's a habit of hers, like sucking a thumb (when I was little I didn't suck my thumb, but sucked the first two fingers of my left hand).

THEY'RE HERE!! YAAAYYYY!!

Love Catherine's dress and hat! Especially love that her hair is pulled back. Very chic. Kids are cute!

Yes!! She looked pitch perfect & I adored her hat. Kate just looked gorgeous!!

Poor George...Having to shake hands w/people he didn't know when there was a Sea King landing behind them. Which of course is far more important to a 3 year old. :D

Considering the time difference and the strangeness of it all, both Littlies did very well IMO. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 2m2 minutes ago
Charlotte seems to be cutting another set of teeth, poor little thing. Doesn't she look gorgeous? #RoyalVisitCanada
https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/status/779826358910349312

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4m4 minutes ago
The Cambridges colour-coordinated in blue today.

Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 3m3 minutes ago
Closer look at Kate's Lock & Co hat with maple leaf flower. And new sapphire earrings?? #RoyalVisitCanada
https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/status/779828705954856960

Last edited by a moderator:
The little ones did a great job so well behaved

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

George and Charlotte did wonderfully, considering the length of flight. George appeared to be a little bit overwhelmed, but he behaved very, very well, and did his best to engage. Charlotte's hair grew a bit and she seemed a little dazed. Catherine looked very elegant and I love the brooch.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom