The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2016, 10:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

I actually thought we would've gotten the chance to see them board the plane to fly back home. They made the seaplane the final departure and no one got to see them actually leave. Totally different than last time they left Canada.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps there were heightened security concerns.

LaRae

Old 10-03-2016, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Regular people in person got to wave them off from the float plane airport. They could not do that from an airport tarmac.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

The RCAF Airbus was located at a part of the airport that services 443 Maritime Helicopter Squadron and it's not open to the public.

It was decided to have the official send off with the seaplane and that way both the press and public could wave goodbye.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Wow! The "Daily Mail/Mail Online" is quoting a member - who may have now possibly left - of The Royal Forums - (Cepe), in that article.

I've seen a popular Royal forum/blog named in a couple of different magazine articles in Australia about Denmark's Mary and Frederik.

I'm a bit amazed at how tight the circle is getting between the mainstream professional media and the Royal watchers/fans.

And that series of photos of George with his nose squished against the plane's windows must be amongst his best.

P.S. I've just seen a photo of Charlotte on one of the ponies at the children's party.

William said - when asked if they had their own pony at home - "not yet".
I had my blog quoted once on a German website in an article about Sofia wearing her sash poorly. It was a very cool moment for me, lol. And it's always cool to see other posters get quoted on stuff.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I didn't get to follow most of the Canada tour as I've been rather busy lately, so it's nice to catch up now. I've enjoyed seeing all the photos and watching the video clips.

William and Catherine are great with the public and I love the photo of Catherine shaking hands with a woman who then had a very happy expression, that was priceless

The photos and videos of George and Charlotte at the farm are too cute for words! I love the photos of both children with the bubbles; and the photo of Charlotte with the rabbit is also super cute. As for George's reaction to Justin Trudeau's offer of a high five, I think it could also be due to their protection from the press. Even though this was a formal situation, perhaps George is cautious of meeting new people incase he somehow thinks they are paparazzi. It was also midnight in England when the Cambridges arrived in Canada, which is very late for a child of George's age, so perhaps he was 'shy' because he was getting a little tired and didn't really feel like greeting people whom would be strange politicians and officials to him.

I adored Charlotte's outfits throughout the tour and found most of George's to be rather sweet.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

It was a beautiful tour by the Cambridge's indeed. Now, it would be nice of William and Catherine to pick up some causes in Canada and firm a relationship with some regiments there. That way they could form a more close relationship with the Canadian people and military. It will lead to more working visits in the future.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Majesty

They'd have to be invited to do that.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
They'd have to be invited to do that.
Well, I would start asking. The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment would be a great start for Catherine.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-06-2016, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William and Prince George – the story behind their special bond

Quote:
As he clung to his daddy, arms wrapped around his neck in a tight hug, it was clear for the world to see that Prince George and his father, Prince William, share a very special bond.

The 34-year-old royal, who will one day be King, has made it clear from the moment he became a father, that finding time to devote to his family was vital to him.

service and duty to others as very important," he added. "If I can't give my time to my children as well, I worry about their future."

"I'm concentrating very much on my role as a father," said William of his priorities shortly earlier this year. "I'm a new father and I take my duties and my responsibilities to my family very seriously and I want to bring my children up as good people with the idea of

"William's always said he wanted to be a hands-on parent and he and George are clearly incredibly close and affectionate with one another," said HELLO!'s royal correspondent Emily Nash, who joined William, Kate and their children on the tour
Read more:Prince William and Prince George ? the story behind their special bond
Old 10-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure the Queen (and the PoW) fully support this...afterall the Queen had a very close relationship with her parents and sister and was unable to have a similar one with at least some of her children due to her duties/role in life.

How wonderful that William is able to spend more time being a parent.

LaRae
Old 10-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'm sure the Queen (and the PoW) fully support this...afterall the Queen had a very close relationship with her parents and sister and was unable to have a similar one with at least some of her children due to her duties/role in life.

How wonderful that William is able to spend more time being a parent.

LaRae
He has created a beautiful family for himself. A beautiful wife and two adorable kids. He have to do what it takes to take care of them. Although, the Cambridge's roles are increasing, the first priority is his family and that's how it should be.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-07-2016, 01:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Well, I would start asking. The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment would be a great start for Catherine.
I believe you mean the Own and not Royal regiment. The Royal regiment which was formed in 1992 and named for Diana is British based and Margrethe is colonel, no link to Canada. The princess of Wales own regiment is the Canadian based one, named in honour of queen Alexandra. Any member of the Royal Family connected to Charles can serve, but I don't see Kate bring appointed until princess of Wales. It isn't required but I find it unlikely.

She us already patron of the Canadian Rangers. If they want a connection, so called honorary appointments is not the way. They need a real link. Being an 'honorary soldier' will not create any real bonds, real charity work will.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I believe you mean the Own and not Royal regiment. The Royal regiment which was formed in 1992 and named for Diana is British based and Margrethe is colonel, no link to Canada. The princess of Wales own regiment is the Canadian based one, named in honour of queen Alexandra. Any member of the Roy's. Family connected to Charles can serve, but I don't see Kate bring appointed until princess of Wales. It isn't required but I find it unlikely.

She us already patron of the Canadian Rangers. If they want a connection, so called honorary appointments is not the way. They need a real link. Being an 'honorary soldier' will not create any real bonds, real charity work will.
Thanks for the info. I still think Catherine being appointed to some honorary military roles and becoming patron of a couple of Canadian based charities will created a deeper bond with the people of Canada. Same goes for William. Working visits to Canada would be good for them.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-07-2016, 06:55 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We're just now at the cusp of seeing Will and Kate take on more and more responsibilities as senior working royals for the "Firm" and with the long road ahead into the future, it would be hard to believe that their connections to the military and their regiments would not become a big part of that.

Charles has a long list of honorary military ranks but looking at the list, the oldest ones were bestowed in the late '70s as he started his lifelong career defining his role as The Prince of Wales. It just seems logical that this same pattern will be followed by W&K as time passes.

This link shows all of the positions, titles and honors that Charles holds. Quite impressive if you ask me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rince_of_Wales
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-07-2016, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh I agree that they will get their own honorary military appointments. It's all part of being Royal. But if they are looking to build a connection to Canada, some charities and patronages would go much further building those links then some ceremonial title
Old 10-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hopefully some of the charities and organizations they visited while in Canada will be added to their patron list.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Majesty

I see your point Countessmeout and after thinking about it for a bit, I don't think the Cambridges will ever have an outright charity or patronage in Canada. Perhaps doing that would seem like the British royals are somewhat infringing on the workings of Canadian charities and too far away to really be "hands on" with it and know the working mechanics of the charity.

What I think would work even better is doing perhaps something along the lines of what William is doing with his United for Wildlife program. An umbrella for many different organizations from around the globe. Under the umbrella of a main organization focused on, for example, mental health, they could get a global organization going with each member its own entity but united for a common cause. That way Canadian charities would have a solid connection to The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry but yet remain their own independent entity.

We have been seeing more and more of the "umbrella" type efforts springing up with United for Wildlife and the Invictus games as examples and I do think that global efforts will become more and more common as the years pass.

But then again... what do I know?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I see your point Countessmeout and after thinking about it for a bit, I don't think the Cambridges will ever have an outright charity or patronage in Canada. Perhaps doing that would seem like the British royals are somewhat infringing on the workings of Canadian charities and too far away to really be "hands on" with it and know the working mechanics of the charity.

What I think would work even better is doing perhaps something along the lines of what William is doing with his United for Wildlife program. An umbrella for many different organizations from around the globe. Under the umbrella of a main organization focused on, for example, mental health, they could get a global organization going with each member its own entity but united for a common cause. That way Canadian charities would have a solid connection to The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry but yet remain their own independent entity.

We have been seeing more and more of the "umbrella" type efforts springing up with United for Wildlife and the Invictus games as examples and I do think that global efforts will become more and more common as the years pass.

But then again... what do I know?
The Prince of Wales has "The Princes Charities, Canada" and 50% of the Government $100,000 went to that charity. William and Catherine met with the Princes Charities whilst on tour.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-08-2016, 04:04 AM
Majesty

Maybe that would be an organization that the Cambridges and Harry will step into once Charles becomes King? Its plausible.

― John Lennon