Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - Sept 24-Oct 1, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe that would be an organization that the Cambridges and Harry will step into once Charles becomes King? Its plausible.

I can't see anything like that happening until (whenever) - and even then - they become full time working royals.

While I applaud their focus (along with Harry) on mental health issues especially with young people, it's not exactly a full time commitment is it? A couple of engagements a few times a year is as much as they have aspired to so far.

The recent visit of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to Canada has coincided with a huge surge in hotel bookings over the past week in comparison to the same period in 2015. Hotels.com say searches for Canada have jumped by 60% following the arrival of the English Royals to the Maple Leaf shores

...Vancouver has reported a 50% rise in hotel searches as the Royals headed in the city’s direction. According to Hotels.com, among the top-named hotels it handpicked for those who want to live like a royal for a few days, were the Fairmount Royal York in Toronto and the Omni Mont-Royal in Montreal.
Red more: Hotels in Canada experience the 'Kate Middleton bounce'

Kate sent the girl a thank you letter. Very nice story.

Seeing the Duchess of Cambridge up close would be an unforgettable experience for any fan – but for Canadian youngster Madelyne Honcharuk, that first glimpse was just the start of the royal encounter of a lifetime.

The 10-year-old Vancouver resident and her mother, Heather Mackenzie, headed to Jack Poole Plaza on Sept. 25 during the Cambridges' royal tour of Canada, hoping to present Kate with a bouquet – and were amazed when she picked Madelyne out of the crowd. "I probably will remember that whole day for the rest of my life," the fifth grader says.
Read more: The Duchess of Cambridge is ?immensely touched? by note from Canadian girl

:previous: Queen Elizabeth is "super cool." True. Precious and true. :flowers:

Lots of questions

Is it being paid from existing budgets?
Was it from approved additional budgets?
Are savings being used to pay for it? And how will Canadians know?
Can the cost be recovered over # of years?
Are there cost benefits to be calculated to off-set these costs?
Is this a deliberately negative half story?
Why was the decision made in the first place?

No, I don't see it as deliberately negative or half stor. The cbc is an extremely reliable neutral news source, our version of the bbc. We get these kinds of stories around events like elections, holidays, state visits. It is simply a report of what was spent, neither made to be negative or positive. The reality is many Canadiens question the Vietnam if such visits as we pick up the tab. The Cbc is simply filling in blanks.

No, I don't see it as deliberately negative or half stor. The cbc is an extremely reliable neutral news source, our version of the bbc. We get these kinds of stories around events like elections, holidays, state visits. It is simply a report of what was spent, neither made to be negative or positive. The reality is many Canadiens question the Vietnam if such visits as we pick up the tab. The Cbc is simply filling in blanks.

I mentioned half story because I couldn't find cost benefits.

There will be some and generally media aren't interested 12-18 months after visit when they can be measured.

So people tend to remember the cost only

Back
Top Bottom