The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-01-2016, 06:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
It all looked very artificial and fake to me. William and Catherine simply can't act spontaneously in the way the younger Swedish and Danish royals can for example.
Well I absolutely agree!

They are worlds apart in terms of behaviour. Kate takes her cue from William and he, unfortunately isn't the most forthcoming of royals.

Then again, when you are openly repremanded by the Queen on the Royal Balcony (of all places!) for getting down to engage with a little Curious George, and gets back up looking very sheepish, you've probably been brought up to overly mind your Ps and Qs!

But all we've seen is a snapshot after all, so who knows (other than those who were there) how the event went.

Old 10-01-2016, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

After all I've read about this, I am confused.
Technically, is the Queen the First Nations' Head of State? Is William technically their future head of state? Have there ever been documents executed between the two entities that does that?
I've read both things - that he is and that he met tribe leaders as an equal.
And Mods, if this does not belong here - feel free to re-position it.

Old 10-01-2016, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are details of the royal tour by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for Saturday, the final day of their eight-day visit to B.C. and Yukon:

— The couple will be in Victoria at the Cridge Centre for the Family, where they will meet residents who receive shelter at the facility, and unveil a monument dedicated to people who have overcome adversity.

— The duke and duchess will be at the Breakwater Cafe and Bistro to meet with members of the Kelty Mental Health Resources Centre and watch an online demonstration of resources to access services.

— The royals arrive at the Inner Harbour and sail on the tall ship Pacific Grace with members of the Sail and Life Training Society. They will tour the deck and meet youth involved in the program and try steering the ship.

— An official ceremony will be held at the harbour seaplane terminal to mark the royals departure from Canada before they leave for the Victoria Airport Water Aerodrome aboard a seaplane.

580 CFRA News Talk Radio :: A look at where the royals are going Saturday :: News - National Article
Old 10-01-2016, 07:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Technically, is the Queen the First Nations' Head of State? Is William technically their future head of state? Have there ever been documents executed between the two entities that does that?
It appears that through the centuries there has been and is a separate relationship between the monarch and the peoples of the First Nations of Canada, and her representatives on Royal tours (as distinct from the Canadian government) but the relationship has been a complex one. (Unlike our aborigines in Australia, who never negotiated or signed treaties with anyone.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...iginal_peoples
Old 10-01-2016, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today announced the Government of Canada's official gift to mark the Royal Tour of Their Royal Highnesses, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The official gift is a donation of $100,000, which will be divided equally between two worthy initiatives.

The first $50,000 contribution will go to Prince's Charities Canada (PCC), and will be used to promote education in Canada's Indigenous communities and help more young people reach their full potential. It will also be used to help preserve Indigenous languages in Canada.

The second contribution of $50,000 will be given to the Immigrant Services Society of British Columbia to help assist newcomers with housing, employment, and language skills.

Canada looks forward to more visits from Their Royal Highnesses, especially during the upcoming celebrations to mark our 150th anniversary of Confederation.
Read more: Prime Minister announces gift to mark the Royal Tour of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge | FinancialContent Business Page
Old 10-01-2016, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The discussion about why the media still refers to Catherine as Kate Middleton, have been moved to the The Royal Family and the Media thread. All further discussion should continue there.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Serene Highness

I've quite enjoyed this tour and it was great to see the kids the other day. They both looked to be enjoying themselves quite a lot, as children should. Will & Kate have been all smiles this tour, which is great. I enjoyed this tour far more than the Indian one, but I really shouldn't be comparing.

I'm also glad to have seen a lot of interaction with the First Nations communities on this tour. I'd like to see more of it. I know the royals aren't supposed to get political, but boy I'd love a comment or two about what's going on.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:07 PM
Serene Highness

First photos of today.

She's a lot like Letizia in that Kate has her uniform. The same kind of dresses, the long coats, or a blazer and skinny jeans. I can't hate, but it does make it nice when she switches it up now and again.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kate Middleton and Prince William ditch fishing gear on final day of Canada tour | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-01-2016, 02:44 PM
Majesty

As I understand it, the Queen is the Head of State for all Canadians equally. The First Nations treaties were originally made with the British Crown, not the British Government. When Canada became independent of Great Britain, we kept the monarchy but as Queen/King of Canada. That is, when the Queen is here, she's here as Queen of Canada, not as Queen of the United Kingdom. The treaties are still with her, as she is the person who embodies The Crown. When members of the Royal Family are in Canada, they are here as representatives of Her Majesty. In that sense, yes, her heir's heir, as her representative, is equal to tribal leaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Old 10-01-2016, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
It all looked very artificial and fake to me. William and Catherine simply can't act spontaneously in the way the younger Swedish and Danish royals can for example.
Little bit of a contradiction there......
Old 10-01-2016, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

As always love William and Catherine with the children.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Look like the Duchess had a great time in Haida Gwai. All smiles ...

Une partie de plaisir, pour le duc et la duchesse de Cambridge

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 10-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She may be Royalty, but the Duchess of Cambridge is just like any other mother of young children, it appears: forced to endure Frozen.

The Duchess recognised a little girl dressed as character Elsa from the wildly popular children's film, after seeing she was wearing a princess dress.

Netusha Danister, seven, and her mother Amalee were among hundreds of people who met the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at a family centre in Victoria, Canada.

"She asked me 'are you a princess?'," said Netusha. "And I said yes then she asked me about Frozen and said 'what's your favourite character?'

"And I said 'Elsa' and she liked that.'"

The event, at the Cridge Centre for the Family, saw the Duke and Duchess meet toddlers who turned out in the princess dresses and home-made crowns to greet them.

The Duke spent time asking the children about their lives, telling one little boy how Prince George shared his love of tractors.
Read more: Duchess of Cambridge watches Frozen with the royal children, she reveals on last day of Canada trip
Old 10-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Live Coverage of the Cambridge's Departure:
CTV News | News Video - Top National News Headlines - News Videos

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince George and Princess Charlotte waving to the crowds!
Old 10-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

George loves waving to the crowds of people. That Charlotte was cracking the officials up. She waved to the crowds too. William and Catherine have two funny characters on their hands.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Nobility

I have to say, after seeing that two-handed wave, the result of William and Catherine's parenting, and choice to give their kids a fairly private upbringing, seems to be two kids who are very secure, and way more comfortable with appearing in public than William was.

Which, honestly, is what many of us have been saying; that having been brought up rather overexposed to the media glare of the Diana era and aware of his own issues with the press, William seems to be deliberately trying to create an easier relationship with the press for his children. And that's all to the good TBH.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

Some great photos from when they left today. Charlotte is adorable!
Old 10-01-2016, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

George shunned the kid giving the flowers when he tried to high five him. It's not just Justin Trudeau that he won't high five. Is high five not a thing in the U.K.?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community