The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-27-2016, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince William didn't read briefing papers on Diana link to charity | Royal | News | Daily Express

once again William jokes about being unprepared ... in India he admitted at a high profile reception meeting the superstar of the genre that he had never seen a Bollywood movie, this time he didn't read his briefing notes finding out about the connection to his mother.
some may find it funny but I find it poor preparation and taste with regard to those who make an effort for the event and to meet William.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Majesty

ouch. It reflects very poorly on a 34 year to admit he did not read his notes (prepared for him). This trip is planned very far in advance for him not to read the notes.
I know he has a lot on his plate, but this is not the first time. Hopefully he can finish reading the notes

Old 09-27-2016, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Something about that story doesn't make sense. If the visit was planned because of the connection to Diana that would have been done at William's request.

Courtiers wouldn't just do something like that without his approval.

I'm not sure Richard Palmer is telling the whole story or he left out some facts or is twisting the story.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Prince William didn't read briefing papers on Diana link to charity | Royal | News | Daily Express

once again William jokes about being unprepared ... in India he admitted at a high profile reception meeting the superstar of the genre that he had never seen a Bollywood movie, this time he didn't read his briefing notes finding out about the connection to his mother.
some may find it funny but I find it poor preparation and taste with regard to those who make an effort for the event and to meet William.
Do you seriously believe, even for an instant, that the Queen reads and recalls every single word of every single briefing document she receives? Really? Or does she, like most people, probably read most of it and the most important bits of it to get a general gist and then ask relevant questions to understand who she's meeting and why?

Honestly, keep scraping the barrel with the criticisms. When William's on a visit and meeting the people there, he tries to make an actual connection. He makes real conversation with the public, he shakes their hands, he gives them hugs when asked, he makes fun of himself and his shortcomings and he participates. Something the Queen generally doesn't do and has never done, much as I love her.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

that is the thinnest of links. Good lord.

It seems dumb to read briefing notes AFTER you've gone somewhere. I don't quite care for Richard, so I'll take it with a grain of salt, that being said, Will really does need to read his notes. The India one is nonsense, imo. While Bollywood is a huge industry, I don't think it's bad that Will has never seen a Bollywood film.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Live Streaming has started-
UBC Okanagan to welcome Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-27-2016, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Another issue for me is Richard Palmer seems to be the only person to have heard this. Given his admitted habit for making 'mischief', I take everything he says with a grain of salt.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Do you seriously believe, even for an instant, that the Queen reads and recalls every single word of every single briefing document she receives? Really? Or does she, like most people, probably read most of it and the most important bits of it to get a general gist and then ask relevant questions to understand who she's meeting and why?

Honestly, keep scraping the barrel with the criticisms. When William's on a visit and meeting the people there, he tries to make an actual connection. He makes real conversation with the public, he shakes their hands, he gives them hugs when asked, he makes fun of himself and his shortcomings and he participates. Something the Queen generally doesn't do and has never done, much as I love her.
Excellent points! Som people just need to find something to complain about.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Touch down in Kelowna. Kate is in a green Dolce & Gabanna dress.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
As Canada receives the royal family this week, Prince George and Princess Charlotte have received some sweet gifts!

In the first three days of the family's visit, Prince William and Princess Kate have been handed everything from books to stuffed animals for their kids.

After visiting with some first responders in Vancouver, the royal parents were given two tiny orange customized life-saving vests.
Read more: Prince George and Princess Charlotte Receive Gifts in Canada : People.com
Old 09-27-2016, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

The first official stop is Kelowna in the Okanagan Valley where they will meet students at the Okanaga campus of the university of British Columbia and watch a match by the acclaimed women’s volleyball team

Canada royal tour 2016 live: Kate Middleton and William enjoy women's volleyball and food festival on day 4 - Mirror Online
Old 09-27-2016, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Arrival at UBC
Old 09-27-2016, 03:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Video of the dress;
https://twitter.com/emynash/status/780857163484897283
Old 09-27-2016, 04:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:

absolutely, i am with you. seeing how much effort goes to planning and executing a visit like this, to have the 'star' of it all acknowledging that he hasn't prepared is a major let down.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-27-2016, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

HQ pics from the DM

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge dazzled in a green Dolce & Gabbana dress as she and Prince William arrived in the western Canadian city of Kelowna on the fourth day of their royal tour.

The royal couple left Prince George, three, and 16-month-old Princess Charlotte in Victoria with their nanny to fly to the city in the beautiful Okanagan Valley.

William and Kate, both 34, are the first royals to visit the city since Prince Charles and Princess Diana 30 years ago.

The couple will visit a university campus before tasting local delicacies at a special food fair. Later they will fly to Whitehorse in the Yukon, where they will stay the night.
Read more: Gorgeous in green! Kate delights in £2,000 Dolce & Gabbana dress as she and William arrive in rural Canadian town that Charles and Diana visited 30 years ago | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-27-2016, 05:03 PM
Majesty

the dress design is unexciting but i love the shade of green. even with a meh dress, she is so svelte and put together than she even manages to make a blah dress look great!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-27-2016, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post

He should learn from Donald Trump's dsastrous performance in yesterday's US presidential debate and realize that being spontaneous and showing up unprepared doesn't always work.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:19 PM
Courtier

So now we are comparing William to Donald Trump now?
Old 09-27-2016, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Several on Twitter think their Highnesses will be staying here tonight. https://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/y...ce-nonsmoking/
At the very least, it is sold out. Whitehorse seems to have very functional hotel accommodations, many with kitchenettes - just like at the Ritz

Just trolling the Hotels available I have to think security is trumping other amenities.

I do hope they get out and look at the Aurora Borealis tonight. Even when it's no great display, it is beautiful.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William and Kate presented with 'Team Cambridge' jerseys on day 4 of royal tour

Kate Middleton and Prince William go back to University on day 4 of royal tour