The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-26-2016, 05:12 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you, Duc_et_Pair

I'll agree that the mispronunciations and not knowing words is a problem, but I'd frankly no more expect a Brit to speak French with a French accent than I expect the French to speak English with a native English accent.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

If you wish to continue the discussion about William's French, please do so in the 'What Languages Do Royals Speak' thread. Also, further discussions about protocol can be taken to the 'Bowing and Curtseying' thread.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Excellent, mental health related article on Bella Bella's renaissance. Bella Bella, B.C.: The town that solved suicide - Macleans.ca

Please read down to the bit about youth offenders. I Loved the "Who's this white guy?" Look at these little ones slamming some salmon! http://www.macleans.ca/wp-content/up...POST01-1-1.jpg
Maybe another reason Bella Bella was on the tour?
Old 09-26-2016, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William and Kate will be presented with food prepared by 50 elementary school children when they stop by Mission Hill Winery as part of their visit to Kelowna on Tuesday.

The main event of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's scheduled 55-minute visit to the winery is the Taste of British Columbia Festival, where the royals will move between stations showing off different aspects of the province's agriculture and food industries.

Four of those stations will be manned by chefs and students participating in the Chefs in the Classroom program.
Read more: Kelowna kids preparing food for royal visit - British Columbia - CBC News

Quote:
Prince William has endorsed the Great Bear Rainforest on B.C.'s central coast under the Queen's Commonwealth Canopy initiative.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were in the area to experience Indigenous culture in the small First Nation community of Bella Bella, along with B.C. Premier Christy Clark, who announced a $1-million trust will be created to celebrate the royal visit and to promote the unique landscape.

The Queen's Canopy Commonwealth initiative was launched in 2015 to create a network of forest conservation programs involving all 53 countries in the Commonwealth. As part of the network, regions can share ideas and innovations about forest conservation and receive global attention for their efforts.

The fund will help raise awareness about the Great Bear Rainforest and support ongoing research, the provincial government said in a statement
Read more: Royals in Bella Bella endorse Great Bear Rainforest as part of Queen's Commonwealth Canopy - British Columbia - CBC News
Old 09-26-2016, 07:44 PM
Courtier

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - Autumn 2016

Glad William and Kate got to see a really beautiful area of BC! The area (and the west coast in general!) is really stunning!!
Old 09-26-2016, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

interesting article on tonight's reception

"William and Kate urged to confront past colonial wrongs in Canada
At glitzy reception, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will come face to face with artwork representing ‘cultural genocide’"
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...P=share_btn_tw

"She questioned whether this week’s visit would simply yield a series of photo opportunities using indigenous culture as a backdrop, or whether the royal couple would seek to address some of the tough issues. “It needs to move beyond the fun stuff to deal with the life and death issues facing First Nations,” she said. “This is their legacy. So what are they going to do to remedy that legacy?”

at the park
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtUDrEYWYAAWV-u.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtUDJGfXYAA7b_R.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtULsVPUkAEG_nY.jpg
Old 09-26-2016, 08:05 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It took me a while to find it but reading about the Great Bear rainforest and William's endorsing it reminded me that this isn't the first time in Canada that William has been approached to conservation efforts in regarding bears and the environment.

Not that long ago, I watched a movie called Spirit Bear which is a true story about a 15 year old boy, Simon Jackson, and his efforts to protect and preserve the Kermode bear which is native to British Columbia. There's a clip in the movie where Jackson presents a petition to Charles, William and Harry on their visit to British Columbia in 1998 (in the movie during the clip, it was implied that the petition was handed to the royals). Interesting to note that during this specific visit to Canada, William was billed as the "teenage heartthrob".

Its definitely a good movie to watch if you get a chance to.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-26-2016, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely gesture by William and Catherine. Giving the flowers they received to the BC Children's Hospital.

BCChildren'sHospital ‏@BCChildrensHosp
Flowers given to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal were given to our young patients @BCChildrensHosp #RoyalVisitCanada

https://twitter.com/BCChildrensHosp/...55409365921800

https://twitter.com/BCChildrensHosp/...17274741370880

https://twitter.com/BCChildrensHosp/...13768420626432
Old 09-26-2016, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Glad they are highlighting Bcs gorgeous scenery
Old 09-26-2016, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Glad William and Kate got to see a really beautiful area of BC! The area (and the west coast in general!) is really stunning!!
I was born in be and spent many of my early childhood years near there. I love seeing these photos.

Still trying yo convince my parents to go yo Kelowna. They live less than a half hour away but they have little interest in royals, giving me a byplay is not enough for them.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Picture:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the reception at Government House tonight-
https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAn...567168/photo/1

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-27-2016, 01:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Lovely gesture by William and Catherine. Giving the flowers they received to the BC Children's Hospital.

BCChildren'sHospital ‏@BCChildrensHosp
Flowers given to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal were given to our young patients @BCChildrensHosp #RoyalVisitCanada

https://twitter.com/BCChildrensHosp/...55409365921800

https://twitter.com/BCChildrensHosp/...17274741370880

https://twitter.com/BCChildrensHosp/...13768420626432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Picture:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the reception at Government House tonight-
https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAn...567168/photo/1
First- Loved it. The couple with children made me cry. Anybody else surprised
William did not dive into the sandbox? Robert Hardy totally would have. Daria does i**** have one? If not better get one so when they come we can all dive in. Or go to the park.Hopefully that's not saying anything too personal- it's midnight. Also loved William with the dog, and in a a couple of photos- I swear he looked like the King already.
Ladongas- to your Justin question- h**** no! My first thought was- D**** he's married! Who knows though, might be a complete j**k. No offense.
Polyesco- Love the picture in the DM of William and the little boy. My guess William just said something funny.
Rudolph- Makes one tear up. Not surprised. Typical. Ordinary for this extraordinary couple.
Dman - Love that dress.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Pictures from the reception

Catherine looking pretty in red.

Gettyimages

The lady in red: Kate stuns in a dazzling £1,000 dress as she joins Wills for historic ceremony of reconciliation with Canadian First Nations
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4LR0dLn00
Old 09-27-2016, 07:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit a university and get a taste of British Columbia’s culinary scene Tuesday on their visit to Kelowna, B.C.

William and Kate will begin the next leg of their tour with a stop at the University of British Columbia Okanagan, where they’ll unveil a plaque marking the 10th anniversary of the campus.

They’ll also meet students and check out a demonstration by the women’s volleyball team.

Later in the afternoon, the couple will head to the Mission Hill Family Estate, where they’ll view a vineyard and learn about the province’s agrifood sector at the Taste of British Columbia Festival.

Some of B.C.’s celebrity chefs will showcase their skills in cooking demonstrations for the couple.
Read more: William and Kate to visit vineyard, university on Okanagan leg of royal tour - CityNews

Full Itinerary

The 2016 Royal Tour of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Old 09-27-2016, 10:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
First- Loved it. The couple with children made me cry. Anybody else surprised

William did not dive into the sandbox? Robert Hardy totally would have. Daria does i**** have one? If not better get one so when they come we can all dive in. Or go to the park.Hopefully that's not saying anything too personal- it's midnight. Also loved William with the dog, and in a a couple of photos- I swear he looked like the King already.

Ladongas- to your Justin question- h**** no! My first thought was- D**** he's married! Who knows though, might be a complete j**k. No offense.

Polyesco- Love the picture in the DM of William and the little boy. My guess William just said something funny.

Rudolph- Makes one tear up. Not surprised. Typical. Ordinary for this extraordinary couple.

Dman - Love that dress.

No, we don't have a sandbox, but our new OT room just got two therapy swings. I wish we would get a ball pit. The kids would love it (and I won't be opposed to going in it with them. I do agree with you, this couple has a magic touch when it comes to children. I've yet to see a child that wants nothing to do with them (and I'm not counting children that are shy, because those will take time to warm up to anyone, including those of us who are excellent with children).

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge praise efforts to preserve the Great Bear Rainforest in Canada and enjoy traditional dances by the Bella Bella community.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Live Video Streaming Starts at 12:15pm-
UBC Okanagan to welcome Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-27-2016, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal Tour 2016 (Day 3 - September 26, 2016)

Old 09-27-2016, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal Canadian Mint celebrates visit of the duke and duchess of Cambridge and their children with silver collector coin

Royal Canadian Mint celebrates visit of the duke and duchess of Cambridge and their children with
Old 09-27-2016, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Government House Reception-
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bcgovp...cg_n=HootSuite

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attends First Nations Receotion in Canada-
http://itnsourcenews.com/?SearchTerm...%20in%20Canada

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS