The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-26-2016, 07:43 PM
Majesty

Lovely gesture by William and Catherine. Giving the flowers they received to the BC Children's Hospital.

BCChildren'sHospital ‏@BCChildrensHosp
Flowers given to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal were given to our young patients @BCChildrensHosp #RoyalVisitCanada

https://twitter.com/BCChildrensHosp/...55409365921800

https://twitter.com/BCChildrensHosp/...17274741370880

https://twitter.com/BCChildrensHosp/...13768420626432

Old 09-26-2016, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Glad they are highlighting Bcs gorgeous scenery

Old 09-26-2016, 10:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Glad William and Kate got to see a really beautiful area of BC! The area (and the west coast in general!) is really stunning!!
I was born in be and spent many of my early childhood years near there. I love seeing these photos.

Still trying yo convince my parents to go yo Kelowna. They live less than a half hour away but they have little interest in royals, giving me a byplay is not enough for them.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Picture:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the reception at Government House tonight-
https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAn...567168/photo/1

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-27-2016, 12:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Lovely gesture by William and Catherine. Giving the flowers they received to the BC Children's Hospital.

BCChildren'sHospital ‏@BCChildrensHosp
Flowers given to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal were given to our young patients @BCChildrensHosp #RoyalVisitCanada

https://twitter.com/BCChildrensHosp/...55409365921800

https://twitter.com/BCChildrensHosp/...17274741370880

https://twitter.com/BCChildrensHosp/...13768420626432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Picture:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the reception at Government House tonight-
https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAn...567168/photo/1
First- Loved it. The couple with children made me cry. Anybody else surprised
William did not dive into the sandbox? Robert Hardy totally would have. Daria does i**** have one? If not better get one so when they come we can all dive in. Or go to the park.Hopefully that's not saying anything too personal- it's midnight. Also loved William with the dog, and in a a couple of photos- I swear he looked like the King already.
Ladongas- to your Justin question- h**** no! My first thought was- D**** he's married! Who knows though, might be a complete j**k. No offense.
Polyesco- Love the picture in the DM of William and the little boy. My guess William just said something funny.
Rudolph- Makes one tear up. Not surprised. Typical. Ordinary for this extraordinary couple.
Dman - Love that dress.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:19 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Pictures from the reception

Catherine looking pretty in red.

Gettyimages

The lady in red: Kate stuns in a dazzling £1,000 dress as she joins Wills for historic ceremony of reconciliation with Canadian First Nations
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4LR0dLn00
Old 09-27-2016, 06:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit a university and get a taste of British Columbia’s culinary scene Tuesday on their visit to Kelowna, B.C.

William and Kate will begin the next leg of their tour with a stop at the University of British Columbia Okanagan, where they’ll unveil a plaque marking the 10th anniversary of the campus.

They’ll also meet students and check out a demonstration by the women’s volleyball team.

Later in the afternoon, the couple will head to the Mission Hill Family Estate, where they’ll view a vineyard and learn about the province’s agrifood sector at the Taste of British Columbia Festival.

Some of B.C.’s celebrity chefs will showcase their skills in cooking demonstrations for the couple.
Read more: William and Kate to visit vineyard, university on Okanagan leg of royal tour - CityNews

Full Itinerary

The 2016 Royal Tour of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Old 09-27-2016, 09:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
First- Loved it. The couple with children made me cry. Anybody else surprised

William did not dive into the sandbox? Robert Hardy totally would have. Daria does i**** have one? If not better get one so when they come we can all dive in. Or go to the park.Hopefully that's not saying anything too personal- it's midnight. Also loved William with the dog, and in a a couple of photos- I swear he looked like the King already.

Ladongas- to your Justin question- h**** no! My first thought was- D**** he's married! Who knows though, might be a complete j**k. No offense.

Polyesco- Love the picture in the DM of William and the little boy. My guess William just said something funny.

Rudolph- Makes one tear up. Not surprised. Typical. Ordinary for this extraordinary couple.

Dman - Love that dress.

No, we don't have a sandbox, but our new OT room just got two therapy swings. I wish we would get a ball pit. The kids would love it (and I won't be opposed to going in it with them. I do agree with you, this couple has a magic touch when it comes to children. I've yet to see a child that wants nothing to do with them (and I'm not counting children that are shy, because those will take time to warm up to anyone, including those of us who are excellent with children).

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:00 AM
Majesty

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge praise efforts to preserve the Great Bear Rainforest in Canada and enjoy traditional dances by the Bella Bella community.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Live Video Streaming Starts at 12:15pm-
UBC Okanagan to welcome Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-27-2016, 11:59 AM
Majesty

Royal Tour 2016 (Day 3 - September 26, 2016)

Old 09-27-2016, 12:38 PM
Majesty

Royal Canadian Mint celebrates visit of the duke and duchess of Cambridge and their children with silver collector coin

Royal Canadian Mint celebrates visit of the duke and duchess of Cambridge and their children with
Old 09-27-2016, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Government House Reception-
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bcgovp...cg_n=HootSuite

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attends First Nations Receotion in Canada-
http://itnsourcenews.com/?SearchTerm...%20in%20Canada

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-27-2016, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince William didn't read briefing papers on Diana link to charity | Royal | News | Daily Express

once again William jokes about being unprepared ... in India he admitted at a high profile reception meeting the superstar of the genre that he had never seen a Bollywood movie, this time he didn't read his briefing notes finding out about the connection to his mother.
some may find it funny but I find it poor preparation and taste with regard to those who make an effort for the event and to meet William.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Majesty

ouch. It reflects very poorly on a 34 year to admit he did not read his notes (prepared for him). This trip is planned very far in advance for him not to read the notes.
I know he has a lot on his plate, but this is not the first time. Hopefully he can finish reading the notes
Old 09-27-2016, 03:02 PM
Majesty

Something about that story doesn't make sense. If the visit was planned because of the connection to Diana that would have been done at William's request.

Courtiers wouldn't just do something like that without his approval.

I'm not sure Richard Palmer is telling the whole story or he left out some facts or is twisting the story.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Prince William didn't read briefing papers on Diana link to charity | Royal | News | Daily Express

once again William jokes about being unprepared ... in India he admitted at a high profile reception meeting the superstar of the genre that he had never seen a Bollywood movie, this time he didn't read his briefing notes finding out about the connection to his mother.
some may find it funny but I find it poor preparation and taste with regard to those who make an effort for the event and to meet William.
Do you seriously believe, even for an instant, that the Queen reads and recalls every single word of every single briefing document she receives? Really? Or does she, like most people, probably read most of it and the most important bits of it to get a general gist and then ask relevant questions to understand who she's meeting and why?

Honestly, keep scraping the barrel with the criticisms. When William's on a visit and meeting the people there, he tries to make an actual connection. He makes real conversation with the public, he shakes their hands, he gives them hugs when asked, he makes fun of himself and his shortcomings and he participates. Something the Queen generally doesn't do and has never done, much as I love her.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

that is the thinnest of links. Good lord.

It seems dumb to read briefing notes AFTER you've gone somewhere. I don't quite care for Richard, so I'll take it with a grain of salt, that being said, Will really does need to read his notes. The India one is nonsense, imo. While Bollywood is a huge industry, I don't think it's bad that Will has never seen a Bollywood film.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Live Streaming has started-
UBC Okanagan to welcome Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-27-2016, 03:21 PM
Majesty

Another issue for me is Richard Palmer seems to be the only person to have heard this. Given his admitted habit for making 'mischief', I take everything he says with a grain of salt.