Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes it's official. I'm glad they took a couple of hours off.

Royals took Canada Day break at PM's summer retreat | Canada | News | Toronto Sun
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge kicked back for a few relaxing hours on Canada Day near the cooling waters of Harrington Lake. Between the jam-packed noon show on Parliament Hill and the evening fireworks, the royal couple spent an idyllic afternoon at the prime minister's official country estate, just northwest of Ottawa in Gatineau Park, Que. Miguel Head, a spokesman for the Will and Kate, said the couple spent time at the retreat and explored the lake as well as the surrounding national parklands.

This trip has been an absolute triumph so far. The protesters must be so disappointed. LOL

I'm back home with very sore feet, but here are some of my photos from the second and third day TRH spent in Ottawa. Click on the photos below for the full image sets:

Canada Day:

Canadian War Museum:

Some cute pics from the Levis event...
love19.gif

http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...15/967.thm&fname=zumawirewestphotosfive315967

http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...e/docs/592/822.thm&fname=spnphotosthree592822

http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...e/docs/592/825.thm&fname=spnphotosthree592825

http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/New...e/docs/592/820.thm&fname=spnphotosthree592820

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lns7cevyZr1qfpakwo1_500.jpg

Great pictures bweir, thanks for sharing.

Some screen captures from Quebec City Hall. There was a huge crowd lining the streets, often chanting "Will and Kate."
William made a few remarks in French.

Some screen-shots:

At one point, while William was inspecting the guard, the crowd starting chanting Kate's name and she smiled and waved at them:

At the end of the ceremony the couple did an impromptu walkabout. But before that Kate met the little girl that the press has been mentioning she was so taken with.

Here's a video of her meeting the little girl:
YouTube - ‪Kate gets broody in Canada‬‏

Last edited:
No need to have problems over how Catherine is dressed unless you are getting paid as her stylist.

Relax and enjoy the newly married couple on their first overseas trip. They are lovely and doing a great job for the Queen. If Catherine's clothes become a major issue for you I suggest find something else to look at.

Well said!! You know, seeing the couple of postings by people critizing Kate's style has produced two very different emotions w/me...First being amusement and pride. If this is all some can find to pounce on, then we know just *how* well the Royal Tour Rookie has been doing so far. Which is *very* well indeed.

The second though is sadness. Kate's style is my and also my nieces styles. Which is elegant and simple. The fact that someone who is in her late 20's is not only looking incredably elegant, but also young and true to herself as well, is getting called "matronly looking" is a sad sign of our times. We've gotten so used to female Celebrities wearing like what my nieces and I call "Sloppy Style" it's beyond sad.

What that means, is a style that's better suited to women in the dark of night standing on a street corner. Not sleek, elegant and well put together, but still being true to your age and yourself. As I heard a guy say when asked for his opinion on the Wedding, he said he was so happy his daughter would *finally* have someone worthy of copying when it came to behaviour and how to dress, instead of the current grouping of Pop Princesses and Reality Stars.

I've thought ever since hearing him, that Kate could not have been given a more wonderful compliment.

As for today/yesterday....Did anyone else see the Magic Trick at the Homeless Youth Shelter? Good thing I was already sitting on the floor, otherwise I would have fallen off my chair laughing at Kate's reaction. It was one of those illiusions where a ball is seen and then by slight of hand, ends up in the other person's hand.

He'd asked Kate to close her one hand before starting the trick and when the ball was no where to be seen, she asked where it was. He told her in her closed hand. She told him no it wasn't, but when she opened up her hand, there was the ball!! She gave this squeal, jumped back a wee bit and then dropped both the ball and her bag. When she picked both back up off the floor, Kate asked w/her eyes the widest I've ever seen them, "How did you do *that*!?!" ROTFLOL!!!

Thank God they're out of Quebec. I hope those protestors are proud of themselves though. They've certainly given themselves and their Province a black eye in the World's Press thanks to their antics. I'm just surprised it happened in Montreal. I would have thought that would have happened in Quebec City. Regardless, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that something horribly nasty almost did happen and it sure doesn't help Quebec's image too much, does it?

Can't wait for tomorrow and all that's going to happen in PEI or as it's known in this house, Anne of Green Gables Country.

Last edited:
A couple of articles and videos:

Prince William, Kate have ‘fallen in love’ with Canada: Royal spokesman

William and Kate ‘bowled over' by reception in Canada

Duchess of Cambridge drops first hint about having children | UK news | The Guardian

video of the couple taking part in magic tricks during a visit to a shelter for trouble youths:
Magic for the royal couple

video of the ceremony at Quebec City Hall. It's nearly an hour long:
CBC.ca Player

video from earlier in the day when the couple disembarked from the HMCS Montreal: CBC.ca Player

Another video of William's speech: Video: Prince William praises Quebec City for its beauty and history - The Globe and Mail

Video: Will and Kate inspect children dressed as British soldiers - The Globe and Mail

btw...Kate's blue dress from Canadian designer Erdem, who was born in Montreal.

Last edited:
I must say this Canadian tour is going exceptionally well. The Quebec leg --- a massive triumph, IMO. Those who saw the live stream from the Fort would agree. Never have I seen so much adoration, screaming, yelping, adults not letting go of their hands... I definitely wouldn't expect anything like this from Quebec. Her Majesty must be smiling right now.

And Kate -- what an wonderful debut. Faultless, in my opinion. I have never had issues with her style -- it's understated, classy and remains true to herself for all these years. Very fitting for her status. Khe dresses for herself and with purpose. Yesterday, for example, she chose that shade of blue (and before people start screaming "blue again?!") because they were the colors of Quebec. Very classy. And God knows the world adores her for it.

Consider this royal watcher exceptionally impressed!

W&K tree planting video....Look at William, 'And one more, and one more' :lol: And then telling Arthur Edwards, 'Arthur, one last shot' :lol: Too cute! I love how he's so proud of Kate. Seems thrilled with the fact that people are loving her and the photographers want to take her pics all the time. He is one self assured, secure guy! :D

YouTube - ‪Duchess plants tree in high heels‬‏

Thank God they're out of Quebec. I hope those protestors are proud of themselves though. They've certainly given themselves and their Province a black eye in the World's Press thanks to their antics. I'm just surprised it happened in Montreal. I would have thought that would have happened in Quebec City. Regardless, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that something horribly nasty almost did happen and it sure doesn't help Quebec's image too much, does it?

I don't think it hurt Canada's image at all. In fact, as an American I think we would have less respect for Canada if at least a few hundred people didn't show up and do some gentle heckling and wave a rude sign or two. Sheesh. You needed someone to demonstrate that Canadians have a bit of self-respect. After all, our biggest national holiday is when we kicked the British out. :)

I don't think it hurt Canada's image at all. In fact, as an American I think we would have less respect for Canada if at least a few hundred people didn't show up and do some gentle heckling and wave a rude sign or two. Sheesh. You needed someone to demonstrate that Canadians have a bit of self-respect. After all, our biggest national holiday is when we kicked the British out. :)

Well, so take this day to reflect if it was worth it... Other wise you could claim Diana once and Catherine now as your future queen.... :whistling:

Well, so take this day to reflect if it was worth it... Other wise you could claim Diana once and Catherine now as your future queen.... :whistling:

and funny enough, even after years of the independence, United States is stil one, if not the biggest, consumers of all things royal outside of UK, just check the nationality of member in this forum.:whistling:

About Catherine'd fashion, I have stated my points before, but in the appropriate thread, so... just go there if you need to see it or discuss it. :cool:

Today they will have an action-filled day in Prince Edward Island. A lot of members of the public have been waiting to catch a glimpse of them since the early hours of the morning http://images.scribblelive.com/2011/7/4/250fa580-55fa-48be-baa9-44c0f831b4f5_300.jpg

Here it's today's events: Monday, July 4

10:05 a.m. AT — Arrive at Province House, Charlottetown; tour; welcoming ceremony; remarks; walkabout.
11:00a.m. — Procession down Great George Street by open-top vehicle.
12:35 p.m. — Waterbirding demonstration at Dalvay-by-the-Sea.
1:45p.m. — Dragon Boat race across Dalvay Lake; presentation to winning team; smudging ceremony; cultural performances and culinary stations; beach activities.
3:55 p.m. — Arrive at Summerside; search-and-rescue demonstration; meet rescued survivors and families on dock.
5:05p.m. — Arrive at Summerside Airport for departure.
7:40 p.m. MT — Arrive at Yellowknife Airport.

Did I say this hurt *Canada's* image? No. I said this will have hurt *Quebec's* image. Not to mention having the rest of Canada being fed up yet again w/how Quebec yet again embrassed themselves on the World Stage thanks to a vocal few.

There is a big difference there, as when the pundits look back on this tour, it's always going to be how the rest of Canada welcomed them w/open arms, but in Quebec there was...*fill in the blanks*

That bolded part BTW, is rather digusting and insulting to Canadians on this board. If we "needed someone to demonstrate that Canadians have a bit of self respect", perhaps you need someone to teach you to think about how such a remark would go across w/the Canadian members of this board.

By the way,on the Francocanadian channel TVA they permanently make reports about William and Kate's Canadian Tour and call her Princess Kate,so the people interested in them there are in different parts of Canada

fascinator said:

Canada has plenty of self respect, not to mention the respect of many world-wide.

Says alot when you say that there would be less respect if there wasn't a few hundred hecklers and rude signs. If that garners respect, I'll pass.

wow, do they have time to eat in between? what a busy days!

Catherine's dress today is by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen.

I really love Kate's outfit today.

One thing I've noticed, she really does like three quarter length sleeves, doesn't she? So do I and love them during Summer, as they're cool enough if it's hot, but also long enough for comfort if the weather should change.

Really nice outfit for today. Can't wait to see what Kate wears for the Dragon Boat Race. Apparently, the Premier of PEI and his wife will be joining William and Kate for it. The Premier in William's boat and the two Kates in the other one.

This could get ugly. ;o) :eek:D

[QUOTE/=Tiggersk8;1280322]
Democracy in action! Rejoice! Democracy is not always pretty, it is occassionally downright ugly, but it is democracy and people have the right to demonstrate. It appears as if the police handled the demonstration well and no one got hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is my post on them leaving Quebec is being used over and over again as "an example"?

I get it's Democracy in action. I get people have the right to protest. *IF* it was the Monarchy they were protesting. It wasn't. Not really. This was a cover for Quebec Separatists to yet again act like little spoiled brats because they think the Province of Quebec should be treated w/special right and privledges above what any other citizen of Canada expects.

Well guess what? I'm sick and tired of seeing these people use whatever event they *think* puts down Quebec's right and freedoms as their own platform and w/one large brush, painting the rest of Quebecers as sharing their beliefs. If they used whatever brains they have, they'd realize being able to protest, means they *have* rights and freedoms. The same rights and freedoms as every other Canadian Citizen has.

Also as the relative of Veterans of World War II, I find it digusting to the extreme to see these arrogant twits claiming they have no freedom or rights. If they want to fight for Freedom and Rights, then perhaps they should visit Syria to see what it's actually like to have no Rights or Freedoms.

And on that note...I'm done. I'm also sick and tired to see my posts being used for someone else's agenda to educate poor little me on how Democracy works. Believe me, I don't need to be taught that. My Uncle and Cousin who fought in Italy and Holland taught me those very things from a very early age.

Could the Mods please step in and stop this? Thanks!!

Last edited:
Its time to move on to the actual visit and leave the political discussions (Quebec, democracy in action, etc) out of this thread.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without warning. That includes everyone who has "Just one last thing to say" before we move on.

Yes, your post will be deleted as well.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

This trip has been an absolute triumph so far. The protesters must be so disappointed. LOL

I'm back home with very sore feet, but here are some of my photos from the second and third day TRH spent in Ottawa. Click on the photos below for the full image sets:

Canada Day:

Canadian War Museum:

Thank you for sharing your pictures! I'm guessing you were able to be relatively close.

And the Sea King's about to take off.

I hope this goes as smoothly as planned...

Thank you Zonk!!

William doing his pilot thing in PEI!! Looking good in that Canadian Forces flight suit!!

Mia_mae said:
Everyone can watch it here, it' actually really good

CNN.com Live

CNN interupted their coverage for the flipping Casey Anthony trial....ugh!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom