Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its great to able to hear every now and then what they're saying. Kate's just talking to a group of seniors, I think they're war brides and they all stood to greet her and she said two or three times "Please don't stand up" and then she said "Please sit down."
She just wished them Happy Canada Day.

The tree sappling planting as a living memento of their visit in the grove at Rideau Hall was wonderfully symbolic, apparently it was a celebration of love between the newlyweds, the tree was a Hemlock, known to live up to 800 years. The lifespan of the tree is ment to symbolise love and marraige, and also family. It is surrounded by 16 others planted by members of the royal family, including William's parent's, a Pin Oak (which shades their hemlock) which was planted on 21.06.83-his first birthday, which they stopped at to reflect, Catherine who was apparently in a grey Catherine Walker 'Kensington' dress, possibly also symbolic in what she wears and from what we learnt from how the meaning of the flowers and trees at the royal wedding were done. Also their were people married on 29.04.11 and those with their 40, 50 & 60 anniversary on that date-dont you just love them :eek:))

Last edited:
The CBC's livestream has ended but CPAC is still showing the event. Various officials are addressing the audience now.

The tree planting in the grove at Rideau Hall was wonderfully symbolic, apparently it was a celebration of love between the newlyweds, the tree was a hemlock, known to live up to 800 years. The lifespan of the tree is ment to symbolise love and marraige, and also family. It is surrounded by 16 others planted by members of the royal family, including Williams parents, which they stopped at to reflect, Catherine who was apparently in a grey Catherine Walker 'Kensington' dress, possibly also symbolic in what she wears and from what we learnt from how the meaning of the floers and trees at the royal wedding were done. Also their were people married on 29.04.11 and those with their 40, 50 & 60 anniversary on that date-dont you just love them :eek:))

:flowers: yes!

I love the simbolism behind it.

Reports are that they have arrived in Montreal
http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/1221258968/ID=1854897866

They're supposed to attend a cooking class today in Quebec.

This link has some great videos, including one with the chefs in Montreal preparing for the royal visit. And another video of the behind-the-scenes look at the journalists preparing to cover the visit: Prince William celebrates Canada, begins unforgettable adventure - CNN.com

A couple of screen shots from the War Museum. The couple unveiled a mural acquired by the Museum.

Here's more about the tree they planted:

This morning, the couple begin their third day in Canada by following a long-standing Royal tradition and planting a tree in the royal grove within the grounds of Rideau Hall, the Governor General’s residence, where they have been staying while in Ottawa.

They will plant a Canadian Eastern Hemlock, a tree with a life span of 800 years, which according to a statement from the secretary to the Governor General, will “serve as an ongoing symbol of the love and marriage of Their Royal Highnesses”. It will be surrounded by trees planted by the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales and Princess Diana.

Couples who were also married on April 29 this year have been invited to attend the ceremonial tree planting, and in addition to newlyweds, couples celebrating 40, 50, 60 and 70 years of marriage will also be present. Royal tour: Prince William and Kate Middleton relax with Canada's pop royalty - Telegraph

They have taken to every tradition and custom with gusto since their arrival in Canada on their official visit to the Commonwealth country, and today was no exception.

On day three of their visit, a tradition associated with royal tours to Canada going back decades was fulfilled by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - tree planting.

Following in the footsteps of a long line of royal couples, William and Kate shovelled earth on to tiny saplings as a living memento of their visit.

Read more: Kate Middleton and Prince William's royal tour: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge plant a tree in Canada | Mail Online

:flowers: yes!

I love the simbolism behind it.

Reports are that they have arrived in Montreal
CBC.ca Player
I tried to access the stream,but it was wriiten that it has ended the previous one,it will be very interesting to see how they will be received in the French province of Quebec,I'd like to see Kate holding a speech

They have taken to every tradition and custom with gusto since their arrival in Canada on their official visit to the Commonwealth country, and today was no exception.

On day three of their visit, a tradition associated with royal tours to Canada going back decades was fulfilled by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - tree planting.

Following in the footsteps of a long line of royal couples, William and Kate shovelled earth on to tiny saplings as a living memento of their visit.

Read more: Kate Middleton and Prince William's royal tour: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge plant a tree in Canada | Mail Online

The article mentions the cancer patient who doesn't have long to live and I was watching while William and Kate comforted him. At the moment I was wondering why.

I have been watching the tour on sky and I have to say they work wonderfully together. Really wonderful to watch

Moments later William and Kate met several couples all of whom were married on April 29.
Eleanor and Garth Hampson were married on April 29, 50 years ago.
"What's the secret of such a long marriage", the Duke asked the couple.
"Communication. Keep the lines of communications open", replied the Hampsons.
"Well, the arguments haven't started just yet", the Prince reassured the couple.

Royals William And Kate Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Make Dying Man's Wish Come True | World News | Sky News
How sweet that even after all these years they're still in their honeymoon phase. Or maybe they're not the arguing type.

Here's a picture of Will and Kate with the terminally ill man
#royaltour #Canada William and Kate meet terminally ill Terry... on Twitpic

Here you can read a bit more about the encounter. It's really touching

Prince William & Kate Middleton Canada Tour: Plant a Tree : People.com

After the couple left, Terry, who lives in the Bruyere Hospice, burst into tears. "This has given me a tremendous lift," he said. "It goes to show that we have a wonderful monarchy, and we really need people like this."

He added: "I was told a week ago I would be meeting them and I have been looking forward to it ever since. It has been one of the best days of my life."

This just makes me even prouder and happy. This is what a Monarchy needs.

Impromptu hello to the crowd wiating outside the Museum

http://yfrog.com/gztljtfmj
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnq283YI0s1qjrmi6o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
They've done so well during this tour so far, I'm amazed at how brilliantly Kate has done.

Also, watching the shenanigans going on in Monaco with secret children and paternity tests etc I'm doubly glad that Will and Kate are ours.

They've done so well during this tour so far, I'm amazed at how brilliantly Kate has done.

Also, watching the shenanigans going on in Monaco with secret children and paternity tests etc I'm doubly glad that Will and Kate are ours.

On twitter someone pointed out something that I haven't realized before "Only 2 of Princess Grace's grandchildren were conceived in wedlock".

They can call them cold but I will take your Royal Family any day of the week ;)

Last edited:
Not working for me. :sad:

Here you go, this is the main link to the website (keep refreshing it): Radio-Canada.ca | Information, radio, télé, sports, arts et spectacles
- they're inside the hospital now where cameras aren't allowed but they will be allowed when they go into the play room.

Here's the direct link: http://www.radio-canada.ca/audio-vi...ww.radio-canada.ca/util/endirect/infotele.asx

Also, see CPAC: CPAC - Canada's Politics TV - they're showing footage from yesterday right now but will switch to live coverage as soon as the couple emerge.

there is a very small group of protesters there apparently but the crowd supporting them is way bigger.

Here you go, this is the main link to the website (keep refreshing it): Radio-Canada.ca | Information, radio, télé, sports, arts et spectacles
- they're inside the hospital now where cameras aren't allowed but they will be allowed when they go into the play room.

Here's the direct link: La Zone Audio • Vido | Radio-Canada.ca

Also, see CPAC: CPAC - Canada's Politics TV - they're showing footage from yesterday right now but will switch to live coverage as soon as the couple emerge.

there is a very small group of protesters there apparently but the crowd supporting them is way bigger.
Thanks! :flowers:

They have left the hospital. They were there for some time. They met and greet people in the lobby, but there was not a walkabout, probably because of the protesters. However once they left the Hospital the cheers and claps were much louder :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom