Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CBC now has the full thing up for anyone who missed it
Here is the link for the full afternoon show CBC.ca Player

Last edited:
I SO agree. For the past 2 days that's all I've been telling my mom. William is smart he knew that he couldn't marry just any ordinary girl. She had to have something inside her something special and Catherine definitely has that special something about her.
I couldn't have said it better. I guess for my part I wondered for years what he saw in her, now I know. She's doing a great job and whoever has "groomed" her, whether it be William or someone at the palace, they have done an outstanding job getting her ready for the biggest job of her life.:flowers:

At this time I am very much reminded of a much repeated quote (not sure if its true are not), but someone once said Catherine was very lucky to be dating William, and she replied...He is lucky enough to be dating me!

What is very apparent from these pictures are that they are a great team together. What a fantastic trip thus far. I can't wait until this evening.

Apparently that's not the end: from CBC twitter
William, Kate to attend Parliament Hill fireworks show . Royals joined thousands for Canada Day afternoon revelry #rv

Wonderful couple!! They make such a great team together. The brits are fortunate.

Apparently that's not the end: from CBC twitter
William, Kate to attend Parliament Hill fireworks show . Royals joined thousands for Canada Day afternoon revelry #rv
Oh christ they're going to have me up all night haha not that I mind:lol:

I wish she would stop plonking her hats on loose flowing hair. It does nothing for her despite the fashion police being so far up her behind that they will say anything she does is fabulous.

I love the maple leaf pin, though I agree rubies would be better than diamonds.

However, when they were in Quebec, would it be acceptable if she wore a fleur-de-lis?

(But that is connected to the French monarchy, right?) Anyone know about this?

I was at the Canada Day ceremony in Ottawa today - here are some pictures:

Attachments

• Canada Day 2011 067.jpg
    Canada Day 2011 067.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 277
  • Canada Day 2011 077.jpg
    Canada Day 2011 077.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 228
  • Canada Day 2011 079.jpg
    Canada Day 2011 079.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 239
  • Canada Day 2011 082.jpg
    Canada Day 2011 082.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 233
I'll try to create a Flickr account and post the larger versions of my photos there at some point, but in the meantime, here is another photo of Prince William - my friend took it. The second one I took of Stephen Harper - not as exciting, I know, but it still shows how close we were (briefly)! to the walkabout after the ceremony.

Attachments

• Prince William.jpg
    Prince William.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 438
  • Canada Day 2011 107-1.jpg
    Canada Day 2011 107-1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 265
To me, the biggest surprise of today's speech by William, and a really wonderful one at that, was his shout out to all of those taking part in the Recovery Efforts going on in Quebec, Manitoba, Sask and Alberta. All four Provinces have been hit and hit hard by Mother Nature either w/flooding or Forest Fire. Such as a Forest Fire literally wiping out much of what was the town of Great Slave Lake, Alberta and unbelievable flooding in the other three Provinces.

It was fantastic to hear William mention them and thank them for all the hard work they've done and still have to do.

She has her hair up, in a chignon it appears, and is wearing a very striking purple dress.....and the maple leaf brooch, it looks like. It should show up better against the purple than it did against her white dress from earlier.

She looks even better than earlier on:flowers:. Apparently they are watching the exact same concert that was performed early today. ouch, that must be fun!:whistling:

I just read on twitter that she and William got out off their seats and started to dance, but then got embarrassed after realizing they were on the big screen. :lol:

Last edited:
I just read on twitter that she and William got out off their seats and started to dance, but then got embarrassed after realizing they were on the big screen. :lol:

Glad they're having a good time. Hopefully we'll get some video clips.

Try this for a link

CBC.ca Player

Last year the Queen wore the maple leaf brooch on a red dress. Maybe someday there will be one with rubies. Maybe rubies and Canadian diamonds.

Everyone I've talked to today about Kate's hat has loved it.

Last edited:
It's not the same Concert. Just a couple of the same performers.

Thank you for the pictures and the clip. This tour is starting off with a bang, and I'll imagine it'll only get better. Exciting indeed.

You are welcome girls. Moments ares better when shared , right?!

Look at this one http://celebrity-gossip.net/sites/d...ze_image/images/p/prince-kate-070111eve-4.jpg

:cool::flowers::D

Yes, moments are indeed better when shared with those who have common interest and would totally understand why one is geeking out over a particular photo/video/facial expression.

Soapstar, I really love that picture from Reuters. I'd love to know what made them laugh like that. :D

Can I just say; awww! :wub: And by the way, love the updo.

That's true, these moments are definitely better when shared. :D

I'd love to know too, Daria. They look so happy and relaxed in that photo. And yeah, her updo is fabulous. I really hope she wears it up again during this trip.

I really like the last photo you posted, Mia mae.

Last edited:
That's true, these moments are definitely better when shared. :D

I'd love to know too, Daria. They look so happy and relaxed in that photo. And yeah, her updo is fabulous. I really hope she wears it up again during this trip.

I love the way the knot looks from the back. It reminds me of the hairdos from the Regency period. All Catherine needed was a 'Pride and Prejudice' style dress, and she would have been a perfect Elizabeth Bennet. So yes, more updos, please.

Now, I'd better get off of here, because once I start sticking Jane Austen into my posts, it's a sure sign that I'm getting a little loopy and should call it an evening.

The purple dress is lovely and for those who complain about Kate wearing her hair lose, she does look lovely with her hair up. I missed the live telecast of the concert but the CBC will probably have it up on their website soon enough.
One of the articles mentioned that they watched the fireworks after leaving the concert.

Royal couple wind down Canada Day with a concert on Parliament Hill

. . .
The royal pair returned to the Hill for a low-key appearance Friday night as a huge crowd gathered for the grand finale to Canada Day.
Prince William and Catherine walked in via the east side of the VIP section, visible in person to only a few, but seen via giant television screens by thousands. Royal couple wind down Canada Day with a concert on Parliament Hill - The Globe and Mail

Photos
from the concert

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom