The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Majesty

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will save money with pared-down entourage for tour of Canada and US - Telegraph

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will save money with pared-down entourage for tour of Canada and US

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will make do without valets or dressers as they take a pared-down entourage on their first foreign tour later this month, royal aides have disclosed.

This really should be in the thread for the trip, but it is still closed. Could the Mods please move this post? Many thanks

Old 06-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Aristocracy

The Canadian Government has released the couple's Canada Day itinerary.

Unprecedented crowds expected to greet William and Catherine on Canada Day - Toronto Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Old 06-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Royal Highness

The man who helped organize Catherine and William's royal tour

http://www2.macleans.ca/2011/06/17/h...ief-organizer/
Old 06-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Serene Highness

To be moved the the Canada/LA tour thread

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Duchess Kate and Prince William to 'muck in' on Canadian royal tour

PM unveils details of 2011 Royal Tour

http://www.pm.gc.ca/eng/media.asp?ca...eId=26&id=4168
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Commoner

thanks....i've never seen that picture...
Old 06-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenRachel View Post
thanks....i've never seen that picture...
I haven't either, it looks like the same outfits worn when they visited the Darwin Institute or whatever that place was called. The only real obvious difference is in Kate's hair. It's a great shot though. The girl can certainly wear blue!

Be a good person.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Nobility

The Prince of Wales - A statement by Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, Private Secretary to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge about the tour of Canada
Old 06-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Aristocracy

Pro-Monarchy forces in the Canadian government hope this upcoming tour will cement support for the future of the monarchy in Canada.

William and Catherine's tour aims to secure the Canadian Monarchy. - Toronto Political Buzz | Examiner.com
Old 06-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Gentry

I decided to thoroughly read the packed statement by Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton about the Canada Tour - and I already feel tired! There is just so much *stuff* packed in every day seemingly nonstop. I am very excited for the Tour, it seems like its really going to show the couple's interests and test how they work together. I can't wait for it!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Majesty

I certainly hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtonruben359 View Post
Pro-Monarchy forces in the Canadian government hope this upcoming tour will cement support for the future of the monarchy in Canada.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Nobility

An article from the Telegraph about possible protests against the monarchy when Wills and Kate visit Canada. Royal couple face protests on Canada tour - Telegraph

Like the article says, there will probably be more press from around the world than actual people coming out to check them out.

I'm very surprised to see what happens in Los Angeles. I'm still trying to head to Inner-City Arts for their visit on 7/10, but I'm hearing little from other Angelenos about their intentions to hit the streets during their visit even on the Forums.

Is anybody planning on trying to see them? The visit just barely ends in LA before officials shut down the 405 freeway for bridge demolition. Should be a busy July in LA this year.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancchick View Post
An article from the Telegraph about possible protests against the monarchy when Wills and Kate visit Canada. Royal couple face protests on Canada tour - Telegraph

Like the article says, there will probably be more press from around the world than actual people coming out to check them out.

I'm very surprised to see what happens in Los Angeles. I'm still trying to head to Inner-City Arts for their visit on 7/10, but I'm hearing little from other Angelenos about their intentions to hit the streets during their visit even on the Forums.

Is anybody planning on trying to see them? The visit just barely ends in LA before officials shut down the 405 freeway for bridge demolition. Should be a busy July in LA this year.
Once I read about horrible protests during Queen's visit to Quebec.Was it really so?
Kate and William are a very nice and young couple and I think it's a very bad idea to turn the angry voices towards them,they are not guilty of anything past or present
Old 06-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:

My friend and I are trying to figure out which venue would give us the best chance to actually see them....

The UK Trade Event is at the Beverly Hilton from what I understand, which probably means limited access to the property.

They are staying at the Consul General's house which is in a residential area and I imagine the street will be blocked off -- we could give it a try, though, to see how close we're allowed. After flying down from Canada and attending the trade event, it will probably be evening at this point.

The Belasco Theater is also a tricky one what with various celebs and security -- also an evening shindig.

The last day they will be on the Sony Pictures Studio lot which also means limited access.

I am open to suggestions, but from what I can see, other than the Santa Barbara Polo match, there will be little opportunity for public interaction/walkabouts in LA. What does anybody else think -- where do we have the best chances?
Old 06-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Where one could have better chances to see them in Montreal?Actually,my cousin lives there and wishes seeing them
Old 06-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
My friend and I are trying to figure out which venue would give us the best chance to actually see them....

I am open to suggestions, but from what I can see, other than the Santa Barbara Polo match, there will be little opportunity for public interaction/walkabouts in LA. What does anybody else think -- where do we have the best chances?
I think the Inner-City Arts location will actually be the best. I thought I had an inside connection, but it doesn't look like that will work out. But I'm happy to stand outside with the masses.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Gentry

Quote:
There's no way a future monarch and consort of the UK (whose wedding I woke up at 2am to watch) would come to my state and I spend those days looking up developments on TRF! I really am trying to go, but I don't know where I'd be able to see them (even from a long distance). I had been thinking Belasco would be best because it's red carpet, but I have no idea. Didn't know they were were shutting down the freeway either.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think the Inner-City Arts location will actually be the best. I thought I had an inside connection, but it doesn't look like that will work out. But I'm happy to stand outside with the masses.
Since you have been there, isn't it a dangerous neighborhood? I'm sure security will be tight for the royal couple but I don't know about the rest of us!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Since you have been there, isn't it a dangerous neighborhood? I'm sure security will be tight for the royal couple but I don't know about the rest of us!
It is skid row, yes but it's in the daytime. Just don't wear your $50,000 diamond ring and don't drive up in a Mercedes.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It is skid row, yes but it's in the daytime. Just don't wear your $50,000 diamond ring and don't drive up in a Mercedes.
All this talk is making me jealous [in a good way, of course ]
Of all the events this one seems to be the most approachable. Good luck to anyone thinking about going, and most importantly, don't forget to come back here and share your thoughts on the special day!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Aristocracy

excited to see them this thursday all i hope is they dont do to many sterotypical canadian activities.. i hope they keep the moose, mounties and mountians to a minimum... were not all french candian fur trappers who drink maple syrup and live igloo's