The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr girl
I was expecting Kate to get some Canadian diamonds, but I was hoping it would be a tiara...
Yeah, it would be awesome if we had given her a tiara...a few days left to do it!! LOL

Old 07-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to the Canadians!
Coverage of The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge's tour has shown Canada and her people to be a beautiful place, (Quebec only causing a minor embarrassment with the protests or display of intolerance).
I have never before thought of travelling to Canada, but will definitely "put it on the list" ; any place that is that welcoming to a Modern "Monarch in the making" has to be worth the effort to visit.
Wills & Kate look happy, relaxed and well taken care of, great to see!

Old 07-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari-aree
Congratulations to the Canadians!
Coverage of The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge's tour has shown Canada and her people to be a beautiful place, (Quebec only causing a minor embarrassment with the protests or display of intolerance).
I have never before thought of travelling to Canada, but will definitely "put it on the list" ; any place that is that welcoming to a Modern "Monarch in the making" has to be worth the effort to visit.
Wills & Kate look happy, relaxed and well taken care of, great to see!
Come on over!!! lots to see and do!! :)
Old 07-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Gentry

So does anyone know where they are going now? Is tomorrow really a day off for them?
Old 07-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcra
So does anyone know where they are going now? Is tomorrow really a day off for them?
Per caption on this pic they boarded a plane for a lake.....maybe they are having a romantic night up there.

http://whatkatewore.com/2011/07/05/a...-tour-day-6-3/
Old 07-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

aren't they doing that originally unplanned visit to the areas in Canada that have been destroyed by the floods? Did they go canoeing I thought they were doing that today cbc kept mentioning it last night
Old 07-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Per caption on this pic they boarded a plane for a lake.....maybe they are having a romantic night up there.

The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Canadian Tour – Day 6 What Kate Wore
Thanks for the info!

I hope they get to enjoy some alone time, afterall they are still newlyweds!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
aren't they doing that originally unplanned visit to the areas in Canada that have been destroyed by the floods? Did they go canoeing I thought they were doing that today cbc kept mentioning it last night
You are right. The original plan was changed. Tomorrow they would take the 'day off', but Kevin MacLeod, who serves as Canadian secretary to the Queen, told expressed a desire to go into Slave Lake and meet with the rescue workers, to meet with the families, and see first-hand the devastation that has affected that community.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Royal Highness

More pictures from today-

Just lovely

http://myroyal-myroyals.blogspot.com...-canada10.html
Old 07-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Nobility

"Touched by Royalty"

A very cute video of yesterday's activities in PEI. This guy's a cameraman and reporter wrapped into one. YouTube - ‪ZNews - Royal Tour - P.E.I - The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge‬‏
Old 07-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Royal Highness

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TR0KW64wws...52824%2529.jpg

It's not the best shot, but you can kind of make out the cufflinks and broocn.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Nobility

Wednesday is their scheduled day off. Speculation is that they would be going to Jasper in Alberta. Now it has been announced that they will stop in Slave Lake to see the effects of the fire, visit with people etc.

It is a small detour for them. Slave Lake is sort of on their way to (Jasper) and Calgary. I'm sure their visit will be greatly appreciated. The town has been devastated.

I don't see Kate getting any additional gifts of diamonds (Tiara) The NWT is where that gift would occur (or Ottawa) The diamonds come from the NWT.

I read in one article today that Andrew would be going to the NWT later on in the summer. A second article stated that he would be taking Beatrice and Eugenie with him. That would be fabulous. He's vacationed their several times. I don't believe the girls have ever been to Canada. The Duke of York has many ties to this country, so it would be nice if that continued in the York family.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Nobility

Old 07-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Nobility

the link towards the diamond gifts

Getty Images - Navigateur non pris en charge
Old 07-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Come on over!!! lots to see and do!! :)

- Would love to! - I'd love to meet with another "Royal Watcher" (My Husband & 2 Son's aren't interested!!)
- let's do a 'High Tea' & if you ever come to Aus; come by for a Barbie!! (BBQ) lol
xoxos
Old 07-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
the link towards the diamond gifts

Getty Images - Navigateur non pris en charge
- What a lovely gift idea.
Diamond - always good in my book!
Simple yet very very wear-able for the future.
It will be interesting to see them wearing them after this trip ... lets look for it in the future.
xoxos
Old 07-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
Cute but first thing I thought of was the flag of California!

California State Flag
It also looks very much like the logo for Polar Bear Diamonds. The arc part is supposed to represent the Northern Lights.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari-aree View Post
- What a lovely gift idea.
Diamond - always good in my book!
Simple yet very very wear-able for the future.
It will be interesting to see them wearing them after this trip ... lets look for it in the future.
xoxos
Years from now I'm hoping that we'll be able to say, "Look, she's wearing that brooch from Canada. I remember when....and they were just newlyweds." Fun to start out with them on their journey together!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Have we seen these?
Royal Tour - Canada Day 6 | Prince William News
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....aK8mu7KIB2Q%3D

I have a question will tomorrow's visit be covered by the press? From what I'm hearing most are heading directly to Calgary.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:15 AM
Aristocracy

Cute video.....

William pushing Kate's hair behind her ear and fixing her hoodie

CBC.ca Player

Request--- Can someone make this video downloadable? I want to save it!