The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #501  
Old 07-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 1,194
Did I miss something?

Or was there not a visit to the Anne of Green Gables House? I kept hoping to see Katharine visiting the site of her favorite books, especially when she had her Anne-ish dress on.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 07-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Royal Newbie's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern California, United States
Posts: 205
Thank you for the welcome. I am new to forum posting (I've lurked for years), and this forum seemed a good place to start. For the most part posters are very respectful and snark is not as prevalent as other places.

Happy 4th to the American contingent here and a belated Happy Canada Day to the Canadians. You threw a very lovely party!

Mia, when I first read this I went huh??? Then the light bulb went off...DUH!!! Beautiful Grumpy Grace! If that happened at my wedding I would definitely have a special place for that picture. Not for the kiss, but for Grace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
They learned the routine with Grace
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 07-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,101
Grace is a legend! she was one of the bests things out of April 29th.

If you miss today's events here is a great video of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, spend time in Summerside, P.E.I.

CBC.ca Player

For any video of a specif event, just check under it. CBC has been spoiling us, it makes me worry about who will provide us with the streaming, TMZ ?! :P
__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 07-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
They learned the routine with Grace
That expression and body language is pretty useful to have when one is trying to convey any sort of stimulation overload. It also makes a really cute picture.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Britters's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DC, United States
Posts: 879
By far my favorite day of the tour thus far!!! I loved watching the Dragon Boat races. When they're getting set and Catherine is standing and then she swaps places to have a go at the rowing portion, I love William's attentions to her. He can't seem to help himself, his attention gravitates to her! It's refreshing to see a couple who are obviously captivated by one another without feeling the need to flaunt it and hang off of one another!
__________________
Have you ever wished on a star? It's a magic everyone needs to experience!
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:37 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 2,236
Little Grace was so cute. Her facial expressions were priceless. She definitely stole the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSSEAN View Post
Thank you for posting this picture. I shed a tear when I saw this - remembering his mother. How proud she would be of him - at the tenderness with which he treats his wife. Well Done William and Catherine.
You're welcome. She would definitely be really proud of him.

I think this is a lovely photo of Kate.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...ma7zo1_400.jpg

Ladongas, I believe they did visit the house. I thought I saw a photo of them touring it but I can't find it now. I did find this though.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...rmi6o1_500.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:45 PM
WillKate's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY, United States
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
By far my favorite day of the tour thus far!!! I loved watching the Dragon Boat races. When they're getting set and Catherine is standing and then she swaps places to have a go at the rowing portion, I love William's attentions to her. He can't seem to help himself, his attention gravitates to her! It's refreshing to see a couple who are obviously captivated by one another without feeling the need to flaunt it and hang off of one another!
That's my favorite moment too other than the hug of course! Even when her boat passed his (she was steering at that point), his eyes never left her. He was looking at her smiling and trash talking. Their little looks and smiles make it clear how much they love each other. They don't need to make out like some do but I love their little PDAs every now and then. Their hug today was so precious! So darn adorable.
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:49 PM
stellad's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , New Zealand
Posts: 680
Thank you to everyone who has posted pics and links. It feels as if I am part of their tour and everyday I look forward to the next instalment. Love the tender moments between them even if it's just a hand on the back, shows the love they have for one another.

People say Dianna would have been so proud of him and yes she would have been but I think Charles has also played a huge role in William being the way he is to his wife. It's hard for me to picture Charles as loving, warm touchy-feely person but then I just have to look at pics of Charles with his sons after Dianna's death and immediately I get a different opinion of Charles.

Kate's outfits have been lovely especially the outfit she wore yesterday on Prince Edward Island. Now if only William will start wearing a suit in a different colour!
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 07-04-2011, 11:36 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,780
They arrived in Yellowknife pics are up
Photo from Reuters Pictures
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 07-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
It's Nike and $80 online.....

Www.whatkatewore.com

It may be a Nike made jacket, but it's also something that Tourism Prince Edward Island obviously ordered from them as part of what they offer to Visitors as a keepsake of their Visit to Canada's Smallest Province. Once the order is shipped and delivered, those jackets are Tourism PEI's to sell.

And as I said, they'd better have prepared a bulk order of those things. They're going to be in great demand now. I'd love one myself.
__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
Reply With Quote
  #511  
Old 07-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Or was there not a visit to the Anne of Green Gables House? I kept hoping to see Katharine visiting the site of her favorite books, especially when she had her Anne-ish dress on.
Welll....Techinically she did visit Green Gables, as that was the house that was a part of that sand sculpture they saw on the beach. Even though the commentator on CPAC kept saying it was a sand sculpture of Westiminster Abbey they were seeing.

I've heard of stubborn commentators sticking to the briefing notes and only the briefing notes, but that was beyond annoying and also rather clueless and embrassing as well to CPAC. That or...Westminster Abbey has really changed since the Wedding...
__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Old 07-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 4,809
Meanwhile... back in the UK, I can imagine that there are 4 people that are beaming from ear to ear as they follow William and Kate's Canadian tour. They would be HM, the DoE, Charles and Camilla.

One the most outstanding aspects of this entire tour to me is that both William and Kate did NOT act like they were performing official state duties in going from place to place but more so as a happy couple on a vacation and joining in with the people they meet exploring Canada. They were just as happy to meet the people they did as the people were to meet them. That I think is the pure charisma that is Team Will&Kate. I really don't think either William or Kate know how to put on a facade and when you meet them, what you meet is the real person. This is perhaps why we do see glimpses into how they feel about each other. After all of the years together and keeping what they feel for each other from public view, it must be such a relief to just be able to be who they are and not be afraid to show it.

One time that stood out for me and I really wonder what they were talking about is when William was on walkabout on Canada Day outside the Hall. One person handed William a gift that she had obviously wanted to give to Kate. It was some kind of a circlet-tiara type thing and William held it and scrutinized it and was making comments and obviously asking questions. I will bet my last doughnut that person in the crowd didn't mind one little bit she got William instead of Kate. This alone shows how strong they work together as a team.

And this folks is William and Kate just starting out. They're going to be captivating the world bit by bit.
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Old 07-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
(SNIP)... Ladongas, I believe they did visit the house. I thought I saw a photo of them touring it but I can't find it now. I did find this though.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...rmi6o1_500.jpg
Oh, thanks, soapstar! I just couldn't believe she wouldn't get a visit to Green Gables- will keep my eyes open for additonal photos.
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Old 07-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 1,194
Ah, yes, everyone's favorite book:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Welll....Techinically she did visit Green Gables, as that was the house that was a part of that sand sculpture they saw on the beach. Even though the commentator on CPAC kept saying it was a sand sculpture of Westiminster Abbey they were seeing.

I've heard of stubborn commentators sticking to the briefing notes and only the briefing notes, but that was beyond annoying and also rather clueless and embrassing as well to CPAC. That or...Westminster Abbey has really changed since the Wedding...
Anne of Westminster Abbey....
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Old 07-05-2011, 02:45 AM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
Thank you to everyone who has posted pics and links. It feels as if I am part of their tour and everyday I look forward to the next instalment. Love the tender moments between them even if it's just a hand on the back, shows the love they have for one another.

People say Dianna would have been so proud of him and yes she would have been but I think Charles has also played a huge role in William being the way he is to his wife. It's hard for me to picture Charles as loving, warm touchy-feely person but then I just have to look at pics of Charles with his sons after Dianna's death and immediately I get a different opinion of Charles.

Kate's outfits have been lovely especially the outfit she wore yesterday on Prince Edward Island. Now if only William will start wearing a suit in a different colour!
Excellent post. Reading the press, and the internet boards, one would come to the conclusion that Charles was a monstrous father and any piece of goodness William has in him is from his mother. Which is quite obviously not the case.
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Old 07-05-2011, 02:45 AM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 7,293
Some screen-shots from PEI...the Premier of the province announced a scholarship in the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's name.



At Province House, birthplace of Canadian Confederation

Reply With Quote
  #517  
Old 07-05-2011, 03:10 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Excellent post. Reading the press, and the internet boards, one would come to the conclusion that Charles was a monstrous father and any piece of goodness William has in him is from his mother. Which is quite obviously not the case.
Yes, Charles certainly deserves a lot of credit for how they turned out. That they persevered after Diana's death and retained their tenderness is a true testament to Charles, and dare I say, to Camilla for giving him the support he needed to be a loving father.
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Old 07-05-2011, 03:35 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 20,421
William & Kate looks great together and very much make a great couple. Seeing them together on such a high watched tour is nice to see them enjoying themselves.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old 07-05-2011, 03:36 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 9,619
Sorry but I find this visit is becoming pointless already ... and they havent even arrived in celebrity country.

What I like is seeing William being very comfortable travelling with his new wife, they look like a good team.
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old 07-05-2011, 03:41 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 20,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Sorry but I find this visit is becoming pointless already ... and they havent even arrived in celebrity country.

What I like is seeing William being very comfortable travelling with his new wife, they look like a good team.
Why is it a becoming a pointless visit?


__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Australia - April 16-25, 2014 Warren The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 763 01-14-2015 08:16 AM
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014 muriel The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 937 01-14-2015 07:32 AM




Popular Tags
australia best outfit birth camilla chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death duchess of cornwall duke of cambridge fashion fashion poll france funeral germany hereditary grand duchess stéphanie infanta leonor king abdullah of jordan king felipe king felipe vi king harald king philippe king willem-alexander letizia maxima official visit picture of the week president gauck president hollande prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince of wales princess ariane princess beatrice princess charlene princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary style princess mette-marit princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen fabiola queen letizia queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima fashion queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal fashion sayn sofia hellqvist spanish royals state visit sweden the hague tiara victoria wedding willem-alexander


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]