Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that person filling their gas tanks was certainly a very, very small minority judging from the various comments I've either read in articles or seen on the various news outlets up here in Canada tonight. All of the people from Slave Lake quoted or shown were *all* blown away that Kate and William would do this and help ensure they were not forgotten about. Not to mention showing light on what has happened to their community to the rest of the World. That in turn will have others wondering what they can do to help those people.

There are hundreds homeless and have *nothing* left. As the Fire Chief himself said, after so many days and weeks of sadness and helplessness, for the first time he could actually feel his town being hopeful about the future again.

All of that, could *never* have been accomplished by a simple private visit. Also the fact they did this on their day off, speaks volumes to me about what kind of people William and Kate are. When they say they care about something, it's not for show.

On another note...Did anyone else happen to see the feature on tonight's The National about EP Ranch, which was the Alberta ranch and property The Duke of Windsor once owned? That was really facsinating and I can understand why David bought it. Gorgeous, gorgeous piece of this World of ours. :eek:)

Great photos from inside the event the couple attended after they finished cooking on Day 3
Flickr: ITHQ's Photostream

Also I fail to understand some people and their comparisons. Yes because I expect William and Kate to be grinning ear to ear during a church service. *sigh* take a look if you wish....http://twitpic.com/5mbfv1

Last edited:

Now THAT'S a hug! I find it rather refreshing that both William and Kate express themselves freely not only with each other, but with people they're meeting. In the past it seems like there was always a "mystic aura" surrounding royalty and they were deemed untouchable as protocol with the Queen has always been. There also has been historical and practical reasons behind it. Historically as the royals were by "divine right", it was considered a breach as you were attempting to touch the Divine. Practically, up until the modern age of medicine, with the royals meeting up with their public, it really laid them wide open to contract who knows what kind of sickness and disease. I think this is where the barriers were broken with Diana and AIDS patients.

William and Kate are the future of the monarchy and what I see reflected by glimpses into how they interact with each other and with those that they meet and also with their request for donations to charities in lieu of wedding presents, is that these two are going to gain the respect, admiration and support from everyone that meets them or watches them because what they are presenting is genuine. They care and they show it. In a world where the relevance of a monarchy is seriously in question, William and Kate are sure doing a wonderful job of showing monarchy in a very positive light.

Great photos from inside the event the couple attended after they finished cooking on Day 3

Also I fail to understand some people and their comparisons. Yes because I expect William and Kate to be grinning ear to ear during a church service. *sigh* take a look if you wish....Body language doesn't lie: Charles and Diana in Canada..... on Twitpic

I am not quite sure what the last picture tries to show in terms of comparison; I see that it's about body language but I'm not yet an expert in that. Can you explain?

I am not quite sure what the last picture tries to show in terms of comparison; I see that it's about body language but I'm not yet an expert in that. Can you explain?

My take on it was that the body positions of both Charles and Diana and William and Kate were identical. Seeing as the brief article below the pictures referred to Kate as "Waity", I think the author was trying to insinuate that both couples have problems in the marriage.

How ignorant and stupid can people be to interpret two people sitting next to each other as having marriage problems? What´s his/ her interpretation of all the clips and photos of William and Catherine being very touchy and happy together? Oh yes, let me guess: It´s all pretend...

And what has the lunatic tabloid nickname of Kate "Waity" to do with it?
I know it was not you who created this post, Osipi, BUT why did you post it here?!

How ignorant and stupid can people be to interpret two people sitting next to each other as having marriage problems? What´s his/ her interpretation of all the clips and photos of William and Catherine being very touchy and happy together? Oh yes, let me guess: It´s all pretend...

I know it was not you who created this post, Osipi, BUT why did you post it here?!

I guess it just wants to show that Diana had only one expression when it came to be serene or sad while Catherine obviously has more... :whistling:

Actually I was replying to Skippy who posted shortly before me "I am not quite sure what the last picture tries to show in terms of comparison; I see that it's about body language but I'm not yet an expert in that. Can you explain? "

To me its just a sensationalistic article to begin with and in very bad taste. Where the picture is posted, go back and read what is related under the photographs. Its there that "Waity" comes from and was the first clue I had of this reporters intent. My thoughts is that this reporter by using the terminology to describe Kate as "Waity" is very obviously trying to allude to the message that because Charles and Diana and William and Kate just happened to be sitting with the same posture, it alludes to that there is troubles in the marriage of Will and Kate as there were with his parents.

As far as what I see in the photos, I just see two women sitting like our mothers taught us to, as a "lady" in church, and the men sitting like a bazillion other men probably do in church.

The whole intent of what was in the media seems to strike me as someone trying to make a full scale turkey dinner out of one chicken McNugget.

They have only been married a couple of months! Bit early for any trouble. The both look happy and relaxed abeit sitting properly through a church service. They are very aware of when it is and isn't right to hold hands or hug etc. I think they are doing a great job and glad to see them show up for the bush fire people. It does help having others show interest I myself was involved in a terrible bush fire and lost my house here in Oz a couple of years ago. Just knowing others care helps.

Also I fail to understand some people and their comparisons. Yes because I expect William and Kate to be grinning ear to ear during a church service. *sigh* take a look if you wish....Body language doesn't lie: Charles and Diana in Canada..... on Twitpic

Ghost, can I make a suggestion?! and you know I like :flowers:

Don't waste your time with this this person, or people like her. I have seen her twitter and it's clear she is obsessed, even more than we are, with Catherine. Seems like, in order to praise Harry, she needs to ridicule Catherine and William. Foolish because it's clear how much the three of them get along.

So don't bring this kind of comments to the thread. Actually forget about her and her posts. I believe you can block this type of negativity.

We are all free to criticize any member of RFs in this forum, but what makes here so much better than other places (if I may say so :flowers:) It's that we don't pay attention to that, or if a member, comes and tries to get attention (for me it's clear those who have real criticism and those who are just moaners, haters and etc) we have the moderators and wiser members who will hit them with the true.

To devote so much time with something you hate, makes YOU look bad, not them. So let's not worry about those, cause you know it's really kind of sad that they feel this need.

Their Excellencies to Bid Farewell to Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Calgary

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rel...he-duke-duchess-cambridge-calgary-1535729.htm

Last edited:

Don't waste your time with this this person, or people like her. I have seen her twitter and it's clear she is obsessed, even more than we are, with Catherine. Seems like, in order to praise Harry, she needs to ridicule Catherine and William. Foolish because it's clear how much the three of them get along.

So don't bring this kind of comments to the thread. Actually forget about her and her posts. I believe you can block this type of negativity.

We are all free to criticize any member of RFs in this forum, but what makes here so much better than other places (if I may say so :flowers:) It's that we don't pay attention to that, or if a member, comes and tries to get attention (for me it's clear those who have real criticism and those who are just moaners, haters and etc) we have the moderators and wiser members who will hit them with the true.

To devote so much time with something you hate, makes YOU look bad, not them. So let's not worry about those, cause you know it's really kind of sad that they feel this need.

Their Excellencies to Bid Farewell to Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Calgary

Amen, Mia!

I added a member to my "ignore" list as their comments were repetitive and boring. Everyone has an opinion and I respect that, I just don't want opinions shoved down my throat.

As the tour of Canada draws to a close, I just want to say thank you to all the members who kept me, and I'm sure many others, up-to-date on the daily engagements. I knew I could come to this thread every day and have easy access to various pictures, videos, personal accounts, etc.

I really had no idea what to expect out of this tour, but I am impressed, particularly with Catherine. From what I have seen over the past week, her and William made a great team. Looking back at previous visits that William has taken solo, it seemed like there was the same kind of dynamic and energy.

Also, after about the second day of the tour, I stopped going through the fashion threads. I realized that it didn't matter to me what Catherine wore (as long as it was appropriate for the occasion) , it was what the couple were actually DOING and how they interacted with people that was important.

Mia I agree. :flowers: That member on twitter is driving me nuts. All they seems to want to do it praise Monaco which honestly I have no problem with but why bring William and Catherine down. If you don't like them fine but I really don't understand the need for that person to continuously bring them down. I too have begun to find that there are going to be people I'll have to learn to ignore not only here but in general. An opinion is an opinion but as Duchess of Durham said don't shove it down people's throats.

Anyways in other news I think the couple arrives at 3:30pm PST. Here in Vancouver we're one hour behind Calgary. So a late start but I'm anxious to see what's going to go down. CBC will be airing the Stampede from 7am PST to 9am PST tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Now THAT'S a hug! I find it rather refreshing that both William and Kate express themselves freely not only with each other, but with people they're meeting. In the past it seems like there was always a "mystic aura" surrounding royalty and they were deemed untouchable as protocol with the Queen has always been. There also has been historical and practical reasons behind it. Historically as the royals were by "divine right", it was considered a breach as you were attempting to touch the Divine. Practically, up until the modern age of medicine, with the royals meeting up with their public, it really laid them wide open to contract who knows what kind of sickness and disease. I think this is where the barriers were broken with Diana and AIDS patients.

William and Kate are the future of the monarchy and what I see reflected by glimpses into how they interact with each other and with those that they meet and also with their request for donations to charities in lieu of wedding presents, is that these two are going to gain the respect, admiration and support from everyone that meets them or watches them because what they are presenting is genuine. They care and they show it. In a world where the relevance of a monarchy is seriously in question, William and Kate are sure doing a wonderful job of showing monarchy in a very positive light.
Osipi, you keep hitting the nail on the head! Great job!

I was in the crowd at Province House (Prince Edward Island) yesterday when William and Catherine visited. I (49) drove for five hours, waited in a "prize spot" with my daughter (24) and my niece (16) for nearly six hours. Anyone who knows me well thought I was joking when I told them what I intended to do. (I am not a "fan" of anything in the sense these acts imply and it is VERY out of normal character for me to do such a thing).

The organizers of the event were goofs and the set up was goofy and William was mostly a disembodied voice no one could see because the podium was facing the building and not the crowd (weird but true) and the long drive and wait resulted in a VERY brief glimpse of them.

We talked all the way home about it. We were all cranky at the organizers and the people who are responsible for creating the public itineraries and publishing said information to internet and print sources. There was a lot of confusion about where they would be, what was public and what was private and how one got to those places, etc. I have some -small- bit of influence in my professional role and fully intend to make sure that the people who put it together hear my critique of the form of the event (for whatever good it will do).

That said - each of us is very glad we did it and, disappointment aside, feel that the experience was not just a worthwhile one, but a VERY worthwhile one. Why? Because we felt like we were part of a "tribe", if you will. Because we felt we were giving them what the Monarchy needs - visible, public, active support. Because we felt that we were getting what we needed back from the Monarchy - a willingness to move amongst us, meet us, share in our traditions and successes and understand what we love, want and need.

For a short while we were amongst tens of thousands of other Canadians, celebrating our future monarch, sharing our country and our traditions with them. It was very cool. There was a sense of anticipation in the crowd - not just for the coming moments and days and weeks - but for the years and generations. I likely won't be alive when William takes the throne (unless something terrible happens) - but my daughter and niece will.

They have been polite, interested, engaging, fun but not frivolous, and altogether charming - approachable in the way they should be, distant in the way they need to be.

We all felt it was a bit of a Kennedy scenario... "Ask not what your [monarchy] can do for you - ask what you can do for your {monarchy[]." We felt what we could do for it was ... show up, cheer, wave and welcome them. It was a marvelous experience.
Catherine this was a joy to read! I am so happy for you!!

I actually posted it after I found it on twitter late last night. I didn't do it to cause trouble but more or less because I was infuriated with this person who originally posted that photo on their twitter account.. I did not want to cause any negativity or anything but I just wanted to share my frustration with you all. I more or less could not believe how far some people seem to want to take it.That's all didn't mean to cause trouble. If it's bothering people I'll remove the post. :flowers:

Last edited:
:previous:
You don't have to remove your post, it forms part of a discussion.
What you should realise is that by repeating what someone says on Twitter (or wherever) here in the Forums, you are giving it much wider exposure than it would ever have gained if left where it was. There are plenty of bitter and twisted people on the internet, beware of inadvertently providing their rants a larger audience.
Just ignore them. :)

Just in case anyone in the UK is interested and hasn't seen, ITV1 are showing 'Kate in Canada' at 9pm this evening (on for an hour).

:previous:
You don't have to remove your post, it forms part of a discussion.
What you should realise is that by repeating what someone says on Twitter (or wherever) here in the Forums, you are giving it much wider exposure than it would ever have gained if left where it was. There are plenty of bitter and twisted people on the internet, beware of inadvertently providing their rants a larger audience.
Just ignore them. :)
Thanks for that Warren :flowers: And to everyone else who has given me similar advice. I'll try to learn to ignore those type of people but sometimes it gets on your last nerve and you can't keep shut anymore. :lol: I also wanted to say CBC just found out that they spent last night in Lake Louise

Paul Brandt will be performing this song for the royal couple tonight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EtMQeBOguA&feature=related

CBC's coverage begins 6pm EST they will head down to the Stamped round 9:25 pm EST

Last edited:

I agree with you one hundred percent. William and Catherine are trying their hardest to gain respect via merit, rather than status and wealth. That alone makes them more approachable, personable and genuine. I hear of a great deal of celebrities just giving donations, but never really taking interest in what it is they are donating to. This couple is different, because they try to find out exactly what the causes is, and what they can do to make a difference. My proverbial hat goes off to them for their efforts and sincerity.

^^Me too! I'm separating mine by each stop. Same goes for any videos I'm going to save.

btw 30 mins to go the media has arrived at the airport. CBC is beginning the countdown now.

You know I was so jealous at first that they weren't coming to Vancouver but now that's gone and I don't want them to leave Canada. This tour has been so much fun to follow and seeing them on tv everyday has been so much fun for me. We don't get to see the royals on tv that often.

Kate in Canada? That's the title.

You think she came by herself:ROFLMAO:

What did John F. Kennedy say? I am the man who accompanied Jacqueline Kennedy to Paris!

^^Me too! I'm separating mine by each stop. Same goes for any videos I'm going to save.

btw 30 mins to go the media has arrived at the airport. CBC is beginning the countdown now.

You know I was so jealous at first that they weren't coming to Vancouver but now that's gone and I don't want them to leave Canada. This tour has been so much fun to follow and seeing them on tv everyday has been so much fun for me. We don't get to see the royals on tv that often.

I have not yet saved any videos (minus the one that was requested by WillKate on this forum), but I do have a lot of pictures and I guess we save them in (mostly) the same manner.

I have copied the initerary and numbered the stops (or else it will become an alphabetical order thing which messes things up) so each activity goes into its own numbered stop folder.

I do admit it's very time consuming but also a lot of fun. And I also save the URLs where I have found the photos, may be useful at a later date.

Last edited:
Does your computer randomly re-organize your photos? Mine does every so often it gets on my nerves cause I have them just the way I need them and then it re-organizes them again in alphabetical order then I have to click sort by date created in order to get it remotely back to the way I had them.Like even if I put them in a separate folder with each stop it still does it I can't figure out how to stop it from doing that. I only saved some videos from the first day and of course Canada Day the rest I may start on tonight.

BTW Live stream is up on CBC.ca
http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/1221258968/ID=1853652519

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom