Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Visit to Yellowknife has begun!!

I *really* hope William takes part in the Road Hockey game. I'd just adore seeing that!! :eek:D

Arrive at Somba K'e Civic Plaza; prayer drum song; dance; remarks; demonstration of Dene games and Arctic sports; shrub-planting and plaque unveiling; street hockey hockey

CBC.ca Player

will they have a gala event??????, i would love to see her with a tiara!

I like the scene when Kate and William met the natives of Yellowknife in traditional costumes,these are Inuits and Indians,please correct me if I'm wrong

You're wrong.

They're meeting/met the Dene people of the Northwest Territories.

And the Visit to Yellowknife has begun!!

I *really* hope William takes part in the Road Hockey game. I'd just adore seeing that!! :eek:D

If I am correct your hope has been granted! :D

I hope there´ll be a book of visit in a few weeks time! In the old days books like these were named "The Royal Tour" or stuff like that.

You're wrong.

They're meeting/met the Dene people of the Northwest Territories.
Thank you ,I just wonder how many interesting things about Canada and its people I've learned while watching Prince William and Kate's tour.They have been received very warmly and it's really a great step on the beginning of their foreign visits

The Duchess of Cambridge got another royal first under her belt yesterday when she started a game of 'shinny' or street hockey.
Kate, who was a formidable hockey player herself at school, laughingly shrugged off calls from the crowd to take part herself – especially after she was handed a red sports shirt with her name – Cambridge – emblazoned on it.
'I would have taken a shot if I wasn't in heels,' she told Gloria Francis, 16, from Yellowknife as she gestured to her cream £175 LK Bennett stilettoes.
But she did throw the bright orange ball onto the floor to start the game.

Maybe it has been picked up before, but in my reading of the updates
to the visit so far, it was said the couple went off to Harrington Lake
by themselves to a remote cabin for four hours and had a picnic. They
left behind their entourage.

They will also have a private bar-be-que today in the North and will
be canoeing themselves there.

Maybe it has been picked up before, but in my reading of the updates
to the visit so far, it was said the couple went off to Harrington Lake
by themselves to a remote cabin for four hours and had a picnic. They
left behind their entourage.

They will also have a private bar-be-que today in the North and will
be canoeing themselves there.

How incredibly romantic and wonderful that sounds...I love the way William is always managing to do what he wants to do while throwing off the Press so that there are NO photos! :whistling:

During the 5th day of the Canadian Tour Kate has received a diamond brooch made by Harry Winston. Winston CEO told Royal reporter Judy Wade that she loves 'em.
No pictures so far, but as soon as I find a link, I'll post it here

From the Daily Mail article:
The regional government presented the Duchess with a platinum and diamond pave brooch in the shape of the region's official polar bear logo, made from 4.5 carats of diamonds mined locally at the Diavik mine.
The Duke was given a pair of cufflinks made to the same design, and the couple were also be given Canadian Olympic sweaters.

Some Canadian Diamonds for the Duchess!

Last edited:
candi8305 said:
So where are the pictures of the picnic by the lake since you seem to know he's tipping off the media. :whistling:

I believe it was William and Kate's press secretary that confirmed the alone time at the lakeside cabin between the noon-time Canada day concert and the evening concert.

Thank you ,I just wonder how many interesting things about Canada and its people I've learned while watching Prince William and Kate's tour.They have been received very warmly and it's really a great step on the beginning of their foreign visits

I just wanted to say I'm sorry if I came across as abrupt when I answered you, but there was someone at the door and my Parents not able to answer it and...

I certainly didn't mean to come across abrupt and if I did, I'm sorry about it. :)

I just wanted to say I'm sorry if I came across as abrupt when I answered you, but there was someone at the door and my Parents not able to answer it and...

I certainly didn't mean to come across abrupt and if I did, I'm sorry about it. :)
No problem,thank you once more for your answer.
I 'm waiting for their last days of Canadian Tour,at first I thought they were to visit nearly all Canadian provinces and I wonder if all Canadian provinces had been visited by the different representatives of British monarchy

Thanks for the video, lancchick.

Do they have any more events today?

After yesterday's activities and completely relaxed atmosphere I was slightly turned off by today's... Perhaps was just an off day for me...

I was expecting Kate to get some Canadian diamonds, but I was hoping it would be a tiara...

yvr girl said:
I was expecting Kate to get some Canadian diamonds, but I was hoping it would be a tiara...

Yeah, it would be awesome if we had given her a tiara...a few days left to do it!! LOL

Congratulations to the Canadians!
Coverage of The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge's tour has shown Canada and her people to be a beautiful place, (Quebec only causing a minor embarrassment with the protests or display of intolerance).
I have never before thought of travelling to Canada, but will definitely "put it on the list" ; any place that is that welcoming to a Modern "Monarch in the making" has to be worth the effort to visit.
Wills & Kate look happy, relaxed and well taken care of, great to see!

shari-aree said:
Congratulations to the Canadians!
Coverage of The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge's tour has shown Canada and her people to be a beautiful place, (Quebec only causing a minor embarrassment with the protests or display of intolerance).
I have never before thought of travelling to Canada, but will definitely "put it on the list" ; any place that is that welcoming to a Modern "Monarch in the making" has to be worth the effort to visit.
Wills & Kate look happy, relaxed and well taken care of, great to see!

Come on over!!! lots to see and do!! :)

So does anyone know where they are going now? Is tomorrow really a day off for them?

aren't they doing that originally unplanned visit to the areas in Canada that have been destroyed by the floods? Did they go canoeing I thought they were doing that today cbc kept mentioning it last night

aren't they doing that originally unplanned visit to the areas in Canada that have been destroyed by the floods? Did they go canoeing I thought they were doing that today cbc kept mentioning it last night

You are right. The original plan was changed. Tomorrow they would take the 'day off', but Kevin MacLeod, who serves as Canadian secretary to the Queen, told expressed a desire to go into Slave Lake and meet with the rescue workers, to meet with the families, and see first-hand the devastation that has affected that community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom