The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Serene Highness

yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/h26kfbjj
yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/h4aykykj
http://images.scribblelive.com/2011/...7d3209_300.jpg
http://images.scribblelive.com/2011/...285410_300.jpg

by Sally.Pitt : Royal sense of humour
Kate and Will met with media here in PEI. Very charming and great sense
of humour! Kate said this was the first time she hasn't had cameras in
her face in a while! She's looking forward to seeing Will in Sea King
helicopter tomorrow!

Prince Wills comments
Prince William said he was lobbying with his uncle Edward to change the
name of PEI to Prince William Island

info from: Kate and William head to Quebec City - Ottawa - CBC News

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Courtier

Ouf... I'm relieved and so happy that the Quebec part of their trip went without any incident. Like many here I was worried about the protesters. I cannot explain why but I found myself glued to my tv most of the weekend just to get a glimpse of them in places I know well like the Ste-Justine Hospital or St-Denis street where the ITHQ is. I found them genuine and oh so beautiful. From my living room, I was helping Will with his French and was surprised to hear that Catherine also talk to her well-wishers in French.

SOme of you have events like this almost on a daily basis - you are lucky

Old 07-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/h26kfbjj
yfrog Fullsize - http://yfrog.com/h4aykykj
http://images.scribblelive.com/2011/...7d3209_300.jpg
http://images.scribblelive.com/2011/...285410_300.jpg

by Sally.Pitt : Royal sense of humour
Kate and Will met with media here in PEI. Very charming and great sense
of humour! Kate said this was the first time she hasn't had cameras in
her face in a while! She's looking forward to seeing Will in Sea King
helicopter tomorrow!

Prince Wills comments
Prince William said he was lobbying with his uncle Edward to change the
name of PEI to Prince William Island

info from: Kate and William head to Quebec City - Ottawa - CBC News
Too funny about the name change. Although there are things named Prince William...but not a province.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
I love Kate, but I have problems with how she looks/dresses - and it's not because the clothes are stodgy:

Royal tour day four: Prince William and Kate Middleton in Canada - Telegraph
No need to have problems over how Catherine is dressed unless you are getting paid as her stylist.

Relax and enjoy the newly married couple on their first overseas trip. They are lovely and doing a great job for the Queen. If Catherine's clothes become a major issue for you I suggest find something else to look at.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
I love Kate, but I have problems with how she looks/dresses - and it's not because the clothes are stodgy:

Royal tour day four: Prince William and Kate Middleton in Canada - Telegraph
Elaborate.

For me, I'm fine with her clothes - I think she has a conservative style and that's fine. She has a sense of color and knows what looks well on her - as well as what photographs well - though the latter must be just instinct. But she was an Art History Major, correct? That could play into it - she has a good eye for style.

My problems with her 'look' are three. She is far too thin - not a good role model for young girls, but it just is not attractive really, either. (The camera eye 'thinks' its attractive but it ain't). Her eye make-up - yes, I will be saying that again and again, I think. Her hair - I can understand she is keeping it long 'for her man' - and she is a newly-wed, but...I wonder, does she have flexibility? Princess Anne found a look in her early 20's and has never wavered. Will Kate be similar? The hair is minor - the eye make-up is personal taste - but the weight - what could be going through her mind? Is she already seeing herself in the eye of the camera? Always a problem....
Old 07-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Aristocracy

A report on W & K's dinner with the press.

CBC.ca Player

Really excited to see the dragon boat race thanks to Kate's comments! Come on Kate, take one home for the gals!

Looking forward to William's helicopter manuever.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
No need to have problems over how Catherine is dressed unless you are getting paid as her stylist.

Relax and enjoy the newly married couple on their first overseas trip. They are lovely and doing a great job for the Queen. If Catherine's clothes become a major issue for you I suggest find something else to look at.
It's more how she looks. We've been following the young royals avidly, but you're right, it's probably time to see them from afar (or look away), as it is bothering the hubby too now.

We do have a chance to see the hubbub around them when they are in California - I'll have to focus my binoculars on Will, I suppose.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKate View Post
A report on W & K's dinner with the press.

CBC.ca Player

Really excited to see the dragon boat race thanks to Kate's comments! Come on Kate, take one home for the gals!

Looking forward to William's helicopter manuever.
This should be fun to watch. Hopefully the player will cooperate.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Please read this! Even if not true it's cute and funny.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: THE ROYAL SHACK PALACE
Yes it's official. I'm glad they took a couple of hours off.

Royals took Canada Day break at PM's summer retreat | Canada | News | Toronto Sun
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge kicked back for a few relaxing hours on Canada Day near the cooling waters of Harrington Lake. Between the jam-packed noon show on Parliament Hill and the evening fireworks, the royal couple spent an idyllic afternoon at the prime minister's official country estate, just northwest of Ottawa in Gatineau Park, Que. Miguel Head, a spokesman for the Will and Kate, said the couple spent time at the retreat and explored the lake as well as the surrounding national parklands.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:00 AM
Gentry

This trip has been an absolute triumph so far. The protesters must be so disappointed. LOL

I'm back home with very sore feet, but here are some of my photos from the second and third day TRH spent in Ottawa. Click on the photos below for the full image sets:

Canada Day:

Canadian War Museum:

Old 07-04-2011, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

Great pictures bweir, thanks for sharing.

Some screen captures from Quebec City Hall. There was a huge crowd lining the streets, often chanting "Will and Kate."
William made a few remarks in French.

Some screen-shots:

At one point, while William was inspecting the guard, the crowd starting chanting Kate's name and she smiled and waved at them:

At the end of the ceremony the couple did an impromptu walkabout. But before that Kate met the little girl that the press has been mentioning she was so taken with.

Here's a video of her meeting the little girl:
YouTube - ‪Kate gets broody in Canada‬‏
Old 07-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post

Well said!! You know, seeing the couple of postings by people critizing Kate's style has produced two very different emotions w/me...First being amusement and pride. If this is all some can find to pounce on, then we know just *how* well the Royal Tour Rookie has been doing so far. Which is *very* well indeed.

The second though is sadness. Kate's style is my and also my nieces styles. Which is elegant and simple. The fact that someone who is in her late 20's is not only looking incredably elegant, but also young and true to herself as well, is getting called "matronly looking" is a sad sign of our times. We've gotten so used to female Celebrities wearing like what my nieces and I call "Sloppy Style" it's beyond sad.

What that means, is a style that's better suited to women in the dark of night standing on a street corner. Not sleek, elegant and well put together, but still being true to your age and yourself. As I heard a guy say when asked for his opinion on the Wedding, he said he was so happy his daughter would *finally* have someone worthy of copying when it came to behaviour and how to dress, instead of the current grouping of Pop Princesses and Reality Stars.

I've thought ever since hearing him, that Kate could not have been given a more wonderful compliment.

As for today/yesterday....Did anyone else see the Magic Trick at the Homeless Youth Shelter? Good thing I was already sitting on the floor, otherwise I would have fallen off my chair laughing at Kate's reaction. It was one of those illiusions where a ball is seen and then by slight of hand, ends up in the other person's hand.

He'd asked Kate to close her one hand before starting the trick and when the ball was no where to be seen, she asked where it was. He told her in her closed hand. She told him no it wasn't, but when she opened up her hand, there was the ball!! She gave this squeal, jumped back a wee bit and then dropped both the ball and her bag. When she picked both back up off the floor, Kate asked w/her eyes the widest I've ever seen them, "How did you do *that*!?!" ROTFLOL!!!

Thank God they're out of Quebec. I hope those protestors are proud of themselves though. They've certainly given themselves and their Province a black eye in the World's Press thanks to their antics. I'm just surprised it happened in Montreal. I would have thought that would have happened in Quebec City. Regardless, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that something horribly nasty almost did happen and it sure doesn't help Quebec's image too much, does it?

Can't wait for tomorrow and all that's going to happen in PEI or as it's known in this house, Anne of Green Gables Country.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

A couple of articles and videos:

Prince William, Kate have ‘fallen in love’ with Canada: Royal spokesman

William and Kate ‘bowled over' by reception in Canada

Duchess of Cambridge drops first hint about having children | UK news | The Guardian

video of the couple taking part in magic tricks during a visit to a shelter for trouble youths:
Magic for the royal couple

video of the ceremony at Quebec City Hall. It's nearly an hour long:
CBC.ca Player

video from earlier in the day when the couple disembarked from the HMCS Montreal: CBC.ca Player

Another video of William's speech: Video: Prince William praises Quebec City for its beauty and history - The Globe and Mail

Video: Will and Kate inspect children dressed as British soldiers - The Globe and Mail

btw...Kate's blue dress from Canadian designer Erdem, who was born in Montreal.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:42 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Prince William & Kate: Prince Edward Island Arrival! | Kate Middleton, Prince William : Just Jared
Old 07-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Aristocracy

I must say this Canadian tour is going exceptionally well. The Quebec leg --- a massive triumph, IMO. Those who saw the live stream from the Fort would agree. Never have I seen so much adoration, screaming, yelping, adults not letting go of their hands... I definitely wouldn't expect anything like this from Quebec. Her Majesty must be smiling right now.

And Kate -- what an wonderful debut. Faultless, in my opinion. I have never had issues with her style -- it's understated, classy and remains true to herself for all these years. Very fitting for her status. Khe dresses for herself and with purpose. Yesterday, for example, she chose that shade of blue (and before people start screaming "blue again?!") because they were the colors of Quebec. Very classy. And God knows the world adores her for it.

Consider this royal watcher exceptionally impressed!
Old 07-04-2011, 04:40 AM
Aristocracy

W&K tree planting video....Look at William, 'And one more, and one more' And then telling Arthur Edwards, 'Arthur, one last shot' Too cute! I love how he's so proud of Kate. Seems thrilled with the fact that people are loving her and the photographers want to take her pics all the time. He is one self assured, secure guy!

Old 07-04-2011, 05:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Thank God they're out of Quebec. I hope those protestors are proud of themselves though. They've certainly given themselves and their Province a black eye in the World's Press thanks to their antics. I'm just surprised it happened in Montreal. I would have thought that would have happened in Quebec City. Regardless, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that something horribly nasty almost did happen and it sure doesn't help Quebec's image too much, does it?
I don't think it hurt Canada's image at all. In fact, as an American I think we would have less respect for Canada if at least a few hundred people didn't show up and do some gentle heckling and wave a rude sign or two. Sheesh. You needed someone to demonstrate that Canadians have a bit of self-respect. After all, our biggest national holiday is when we kicked the British out.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
I don't think it hurt Canada's image at all. In fact, as an American I think we would have less respect for Canada if at least a few hundred people didn't show up and do some gentle heckling and wave a rude sign or two. Sheesh. You needed someone to demonstrate that Canadians have a bit of self-respect. After all, our biggest national holiday is when we kicked the British out.
Well, so take this day to reflect if it was worth it... Other wise you could claim Diana once and Catherine now as your future queen....
Old 07-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Well, so take this day to reflect if it was worth it... Other wise you could claim Diana once and Catherine now as your future queen....
and funny enough, even after years of the independence, United States is stil one, if not the biggest, consumers of all things royal outside of UK, just check the nationality of member in this forum.

About Catherine'd fashion, I have stated my points before, but in the appropriate thread, so... just go there if you need to see it or discuss it.

Today they will have an action-filled day in Prince Edward Island. A lot of members of the public have been waiting to catch a glimpse of them since the early hours of the morning http://images.scribblelive.com/2011/...31b4f5_300.jpg

Here it's today's events: Monday, July 4

10:05 a.m. AT — Arrive at Province House, Charlottetown; tour; welcoming ceremony; remarks; walkabout.
11:00a.m. — Procession down Great George Street by open-top vehicle.
12:35 p.m. — Waterbirding demonstration at Dalvay-by-the-Sea.
1:45p.m. — Dragon Boat race across Dalvay Lake; presentation to winning team; smudging ceremony; cultural performances and culinary stations; beach activities.
3:55 p.m. — Arrive at Summerside; search-and-rescue demonstration; meet rescued survivors and families on dock.
5:05p.m. — Arrive at Summerside Airport for departure.
7:40 p.m. MT — Arrive at Yellowknife Airport.

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.