Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I think looking at the picture posted above, one can definitely conclude that the Cambridges are very personable and approachable Royals. I love that they take time to chat to their supporters and pose for pictures (when possible). I think they understand that these people came and waited for hours regardless of the weather to see them, and being able to have a picture with one of them would make someone's day.

I guess we could call this portion seeing where the Wedding Fund money went to in Canada? :eek:)

I just read a blog that pointed out when they were cooking the last name says Cambridge on their chefs jacket. Very cute! Just pointing it out in case others didn't notice.....I just thought it was really cute....:)

Can anyone get a good look at the sign that young lad in the WWII RCAF Uniform is holding? I could read the top part and "Lest We Forget", but couldn't see the rest of it.

Any help appreciated!! :eek:)

Some people who saw this video say that they don't find the hug very tender more like she's pushing him. I think at first she went to push him as a joke cause she lost (they're apparently very competitive) but then saw he wanted to hug her so she hugged back.

I cannot understand why everybody still keeps calling Kate by her maiden name..?!

Some people who saw this video say that they don't find the hug very tender more like she's pushing him. I think at first she went to push him as a joke cause she lost (they're apparently very competitive) but then saw he wanted to hug her so she hugged back.

I think she is joking around and pretending to push him in the water AND I think it is a tender moment as well.

My first post ever of any kind on the internet. Somewhat intimidating!

Welcome to the board! And yes I definitely agree with your comments. I think it was a little of both.

Welcome Royal Newbie and a Happy Fourth to you and the rest of our American Members!!

Did anyone else do a double take when seeing that one lady in the old Red Cross Nursing Uniform. It's been such a long time since I've seen a Nurse's Cap, that I couldn't help it. :eek:D

That's how I saw it too. She was playfully pushing him, but then it turned into a hug.

soapstar

Your avatar is my fave picture of the day!.
My favorite pic too. :) It was such a cute moment.

Welcome, Royal Newbie!

Last edited:
Thank you for all the picture/video links! The boat race was fun to watch. W&C have great rapport with each other.

I agree, the pushing was more of a playful shove. It made the whole moment more realistic for me. They're not afraid to be themselves around each other as well as those who are observing.

Last edited:
ghost_night554 said:

Agreed- it looked exactly that way in the video. Still cute and sweet....

Last edited:
:previous: That must have been one loud helicopter :D. Both of them having identical facial expressions/body language in the last two pictures are very amusing. :lol:

:previous: That must have been one loud helicopter :D. Both of them having identical facial expressions/body language in the last two pictures are very amusing. :lol:

They learned the routine with Grace :p

Did I miss something?

Or was there not a visit to the Anne of Green Gables House? I kept hoping to see Katharine visiting the site of her favorite books, especially when she had her Anne-ish dress on.

Thank you for the welcome. I am new to forum posting (I've lurked for years), and this forum seemed a good place to start. For the most part posters are very respectful and snark is not as prevalent as other places.

Happy 4th to the American contingent here and a belated Happy Canada Day to the Canadians. You threw a very lovely party!

Mia, when I first read this I went huh??? Then the light bulb went off...DUH!!! Beautiful Grumpy Grace! If that happened at my wedding I would definitely have a special place for that picture. Not for the kiss, but for Grace.

Grace is a legend! she was one of the bests things out of April 29th.

If you miss today's events here is a great video of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, spend time in Summerside, P.E.I.

CBC.ca Player

For any video of a specif event, just check under it. CBC has been spoiling us, it makes me worry about who will provide us with the streaming, TMZ ?! :p

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: That expression and body language is pretty useful to have when one is trying to convey any sort of stimulation overload. It also makes a really cute picture.

By far my favorite day of the tour thus far!!! I loved watching the Dragon Boat races. When they're getting set and Catherine is standing and then she swaps places to have a go at the rowing portion, I love William's attentions to her. He can't seem to help himself, his attention gravitates to her! It's refreshing to see a couple who are obviously captivated by one another without feeling the need to flaunt it and hang off of one another!

Little Grace was so cute. Her facial expressions were priceless. She definitely stole the show.

Thank you for posting this picture. I shed a tear when I saw this - remembering his mother. How proud she would be of him - at the tenderness with which he treats his wife. Well Done William and Catherine.

You're welcome. :) She would definitely be really proud of him.

I think this is a lovely photo of Kate.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lntshiSTsK1qema7zo1_400.jpg

Ladongas, I believe they did visit the house. I thought I saw a photo of them touring it but I can't find it now. I did find this though.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnts1eNdTC1qjrmi6o1_500.jpg

By far my favorite day of the tour thus far!!! I loved watching the Dragon Boat races. When they're getting set and Catherine is standing and then she swaps places to have a go at the rowing portion, I love William's attentions to her. He can't seem to help himself, his attention gravitates to her! It's refreshing to see a couple who are obviously captivated by one another without feeling the need to flaunt it and hang off of one another!
That's my favorite moment too other than the hug of course! ;) Even when her boat passed his (she was steering at that point), his eyes never left her. He was looking at her smiling and trash talking. :ROFLMAO: Their little looks and smiles make it clear how much they love each other. They don't need to make out like some do but I love their little PDAs every now and then. Their hug today was so precious! So darn adorable. :wub:

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone who has posted pics and links. It feels as if I am part of their tour and everyday I look forward to the next instalment. Love the tender moments between them even if it's just a hand on the back, shows the love they have for one another.

People say Dianna would have been so proud of him and yes she would have been but I think Charles has also played a huge role in William being the way he is to his wife. It's hard for me to picture Charles as loving, warm touchy-feely person but then I just have to look at pics of Charles with his sons after Dianna's death and immediately I get a different opinion of Charles.

Kate's outfits have been lovely especially the outfit she wore yesterday on Prince Edward Island. Now if only William will start wearing a suit in a different colour!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom