The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
I love the part with Prince Otto.

That would commemorate their first overseas tour (which will hopefully be a huge success until the end).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent

So found untagged photos from today
cambridge - News, photos, topics, and quotes

I think we see them one more time tonight is that right? Or did that already happen? Don't they board a boat tonight? Sky News is saying they've already arrived in Quebec City

Old 07-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
So found untagged photos from today
cambridge - News, photos, topics, and quotes

I think we see them one more time tonight is that right? Or did that already happen? Don't they board a boat tonight?
I love the picture where Catherine is peeking from behind something. She has a mischievous glint in her eyes. Lovely.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Serene Highness

Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge arrives on board HMCS Montreal on July 2, 2011 in Montreal, Canada. The newly married Royal Couple are on the third day of their first joint overseas tour
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected (The back hand always makes an appearance)

--------------------

On a different note, this is my 1,000 post ! uhuuu
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge arrives on board HMCS Montreal on July 2, 2011 in Montreal, Canada. The newly married Royal Couple are on the third day of their first joint overseas tour
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected (The back hand always makes an appearance)

--------------------

Lovely photos, Mia Mae . I like the ones that were showing them in a sort of silhouette. Very romantic. .

On a side note, seeing their interactions with each other has got me humming 'Wonderful Tonight' by Eric Clapton. Yeah, I'm just a huge sap and a hopeless romantic.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Aristocracy

Report on protests... William is ever so protective of her.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...pakwo1_400.jpg

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln...pakwo1_500.jpg
Old 07-03-2011, 02:09 AM
Courtier

THey watched the fireworks competition from the boat then are floating (?) to Quebec City where they should arrive early in the morning. Not tonight. By car, Quebec City is about 3hrs from Montreal (sometimes less depending on the driver and his or her disposition to follow speed limits).
Old 07-03-2011, 02:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate reveals her fears for William to a Canadian named Celine:
Quote:
She confided in a military wife on the couple’s royal tour of Canada.
“I always worry,” she told her, “but my job is to support my husband. You should always support your husband.”
Kate, 29, told her: “I always worry when William goes off on a mission. I find it very difficult.
“You always fear for them not knowing if something is going to happen and it can be very hard.”
Celine, 52, who lives in the Canadian capital, said afterwards: “I thought it was very brave of Kate to be so honest.
More here: Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Kate: My fears for Wills
Old 07-03-2011, 03:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

A distant acquaintance of mine said that the Quebec visit was not so warm as in previous provinces.Could anybody tell more about the visit to Quebec and Montreal?
By watching Youtube video,I 've understood that there were 2 groups on their arrival:the protesters and the people who greeted them.Did Prince William hold a speech>?
Old 07-03-2011, 04:31 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Kate Middleton and Prince William's royal tour: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge plant a tree in Canada | Mail Online

Kate and William*break new ground on tour | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com
Old 07-03-2011, 04:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

William and Kate hit bump in Quebec - Yahoo! News
Old 07-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Nobility

Well, Quebec was always going to present problems but I am sure the Duke and Duchess would take it all within their stride in the space of one or two days and then move on with the rest of their royal tour.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
A distant acquaintance of mine said that the Quebec visit was not so warm as in previous provinces.Could anybody tell more about the visit to Quebec and Montreal?
By watching Youtube video,I 've understood that there were 2 groups on their arrival:the protesters and the people who greeted them.Did Prince William hold a speech>?
Leonora, I'm sure the couple wouldn't mind doing a walkabout yesterday in Montreal, but with protesters so close, there was no way that their security team would allow it. Watching video of them living the hospital, you could see Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton's face was very tense.

This trip will give them and us an inside of what is to be royal, according to a public reception point of view. Adoration in one day, and booing the other. Fortunately William and Catherine seem to be very well collected, the sad thing is that there were people there who came from far away just to see them, but couldn't.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Serene Highness

After arriving in Quebec, there will be a prayer service on board HMCS Montreal before the Duke and Duchess join a youth event. There will be a military ceremony just after noon before a community event later in the day. Then the couple are flying to Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island tonight

Live streaming Watch LCN Live online on FreeTube
Old 07-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae

--------------------

This is a different grey dress isn't it? Not the Catherine Walker....?
Edit- looking closer I guess it's not, she just changed shoes ...it looks shiny in some pics that it didn't this morning....flash maybe?
Old 07-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Aristocracy

Egg attack!!!

at least that's what it looks like. you should see it at like 0:54 - 0:56.

play it at max resolution and then move it back and forth. it looks like it broke off the top of the rear trunk. Pretty mean...
Old 07-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger
Egg attack!!!

at least that's what it looks like. you should see it at like 0:54 - 0:56.

play it at max resolution and then move it back and forth. it looks like it broke off the top of the rear trunk. Pretty mean...
Wow, what a pathetic individual. I've no problem with protests, but exactly what was the point of throwing an egg?? Hardly accomplished anything but to make that person look like a fool. Sorry guys!, there are those in Quebec that act like spoiled, petulant children because they want Quebec to cede from Canada, and as such they want to ruin anything nice related to the country as a whole.

Hope Will & Kate didn't even notice...would serve that loser right!.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Aristocracy

Nice recap of all the events so far...We can hear some of their conversation with the other couples at the tree planting.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Canadian And North American Tour - Quebec

Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato
Old 07-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Aristocracy

I think these are the culprits.. delinquent minors..

the video is poor and the person shooting it apparently can't get high enough to get the camera above the fencing and rails but you can see at least one kid throw something and you can see at least one egg fall and then you see them hightail it across a soccer field. there's around 3 - 4 of them.

little brats... they are lucky, I'm not there to catch` em.