Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - June 30-July 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just whispering…
icon_smile.gif

http://tinyurl.com/5vnqqt5
http://tinyurl.com/6dw9vmw
http://tinyurl.com/3tzkr88

William and Kate looked really happy at the Canada Day celebrations on Parliament Hill. I loved her overall appearance and finally some color.

Interesting Catherine let it slip to a member of the public that they will be heading to India soon.

I love the maple leaf pin, though I agree rubies would be better than diamonds.

However, when they were in Quebec, would it be acceptable if she wore a fleur-de-lis?

(But that is connected to the French monarchy, right?) Anyone know about this?

The Fleur de Lis is very much a British Royal symbol, too because for centuries the English souverain claimed the title of king or queen of France as descendants of Eleanor of Aquitane, who brought half of France with her as her inheritance. Till 1800 the Fleur de Lis was part of the Royal Arms and still is part of the Royal Arms of Scotland.

Wikipedia has an interesting article about it.

Look at the gorgeous picture from the Crown in Canada Flickr account:

The evening show on Parliament Hill - Le spectacle du soir sur la colline du Parlement | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

FIREWORKS, indeed! I didn't even know they stayed for the fireworks, but apparently they were in a private reception to view it. Lovely! I see banners and avatars :)

Hey Brit :p,
You are right, I felt the urge.
Look :D

Interesting Catherine let it slip to a member of the public that they will be heading to India soon.

To India? where did you read that, Ghost?

Last edited:
I love that purple dress! And purple is a color that not everyone can wear well; I hope Kate wears it frequently in the future.

I love that purple dress! And purple is a color that not everyone can wear well; I hope Kate wears it frequently in the future.

On my TV (and my friend's TV) it was more like fuschia and oh so beautiful but since all the pictures show purple then maybe our old TVs are gonna go and viva plasma!

Watching the tree planting...

I don't think Kate has ever used a shovel before. (The way she held it.) William has.

Kate's wearing a greyish dress. They're both there with the Governor General and his wife, talking to the public.

I don't think Kate has ever used a shovel before. (The way she held it.) William has.
Made me laugh. Darn, I missed that though, the silly ads took the video forever to load! Now they are just meeting people and you can't even see them that well - partially because Kate's in dismal grey.

Super Baroness said:
Made me laugh. Darn, I missed that though, the silly ads took the video forever to load! Now they are just meeting people and you can't even see them that well - partially because Kate's in dismal grey.

It actually looks like a sage green to me. At least on my TV.

I loved when the little girl playing with the skirt of her dress did a curtsey and was congratulated by Catherine (or was it William).

Thanks Humera!

I love how William is smiling while Kate is shoveling. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom