Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - Sept 24-Oct 1, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fabulous arrival photos - better quality than the twitter pics - now on "Daily Mail/Mail Online".

George and Charlotte did wonderfully, considering the length of flight. George appeared to be a little bit overwhelmed, but he behaved very, very well, and did his best to engage. Charlotte's hair grew a bit and she seemed a little dazed. Catherine looked very elegant and I love the brooch.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Daria_S, did you see the photo where Charlotte is playing with the brooch. :ohmy:

Actually there are a couple of photos - at the top of the stairs and again down on the tarmac - where she is playing with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The royals are late. But there was a bald man in a blue suit that everyone thought was William.

(I am presently outside the BC Legislative building)

Rhiannon Mills ‏@SkyRhiannon 6m6 minutes ago
Kate's private secretary Rebecca Deacon is left to pick up the flowers after couple were running late #RoyalVisitCanada
https://twitter.com/SkyRhiannon/status/779847319588073472

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 51m51 minutes ago
Prince George was eager to get his first view of Canada from the plane. #RoyalVisitCanada
https://twitter.com/RegalEyes/status/779836564201410561

Zach Brown ‏@zachjournalism 8m8 minutes ago
Much bigger cheer from this crowd for @JustinTrudeau than Kate & Wills #RoyalVisitCanada

Last edited:
Daria_S, did you see the photo where Charlotte is playing with the brooch. :ohmy:

Actually there are a couple of photos - at the top of the stairs and again down on the tarmac - where she is playing with it.

Children, especially when they're Charlotte's age, love all things shiny (at least that's what I've observed in my experience). I did see a few pictures where she was reaching for it. Very, very cute.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Lots of cheers of 'Princess Kate' and 'We love Princess Kate' coming from the crowd.

Lovely pics. What a great Day 1

You just want to slobber down Charlotte's very chubby cheeks! :flowers:

William and Catherine just beamed at each other, especially when the kids were mentioned.

Well almost forgot about this tour until flipping channels when I got home. Contrary to the fever for the royal tour bring reported, this your hasn't brought much excited talk. Grumbling from many about the cost. I notice our news made sure to clarify Kate was paying for her hairdresser and not the Canadian tax payers. Seems the cheque being picked up by Canada is a touchy subject not just here.

Kate looked lovely. Glad she wore her hair up. But I did find it a bit boring. And if she was going To wear an identical hat, may as well have worn the red from last. Sophie and even the wife of the Governor General won the day in hats, both had real hats, in great color and style.

Charlotte has sure grown, seems to be teething. Her brother has to. I do wish they would put him in a different outfit once in a while. Blue sweater, shorts and those socks are his version of his dad's blue suit. They both handled the crowds well especially after a long flight.

I hope we see Kate in some Canadian designers and taking a few style chances in the next few days, like in India. She seems to take more abroad.

Last edited:
I think George looked very well. Big trip for a three year old, but I agree, please, a different little sweater than just blue! I like the colour of Kate's outfit and the brooch and the updo. Please, some new designers later on.

I can't wait to see more HQ pictures! :)

"Daily Mail/Mail Online" keep adding new photos into their coverage KateMiddletonBR - and welcome to The Royal Forums, hope you have fun here.

Currently they have a really nice one of Catherine - eyes closed, holding Charlotte, giving her a kiss on her forehead.

Seems like lots and lots of spectators in some of the photos too.

The photo of the setup with the GG couple looks like it might have been hard to hear as everyone is spread so far apart.

And the photos with the PM couple look like they were taken in some-one's grandmother's sunroom. What room was that! :lol:

Love it that PG ignored the officials and waved to the helicopter that was landing. Go George!

Last edited:
The pictures of the family coming off the plane were really nice.

I thought the picture of George looking out the window was very cute.

Catherine looked perfect for the arrival and love how everyone was in some kind of blue.

Yes the one of Kate kissing Charlotte is lovely and the one of her hand on Wills leg too

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yes the one of Kate kissing Charlotte is lovely and the one of her hand on Wills leg too

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

They're changing those photos so fast royal rob.

I just saw the hand on the knee shot - nice to see the personal side.

And nice to hear quotes from Catherine that George and Charlotte were "super excited" about getting to sleep on a plane, and that the children had a "very good tea" at Government House prior to going to sleep before their parents arrived there.

Last edited:
I find the phenomenon of short trousers and long socks very weird.
If it is warm enough for short trousers, then you don't need long socks; if it is cold enough for long socks, wear long trousers. This just looks weird!

Evening TV news in Australia is saying the crowds greeting William and Catherine were estimated at twenty-five thousand.

They screened a cute video clip of George taking the initiative and waving at Mrs Trudeau as everyone stood on the tarmac - and Mrs T's enthusiastic response to him. :lol:

Last edited:
I find the phenomenon of short trousers and long socks very weird.
If it is warm enough for short trousers, then you don't need long socks; if it is cold enough for long socks, wear long trousers. This just looks weird!

I always felt the exact same way when it comes to open toed boots... :D

The pictures of the family coming off the plane were really nice.

I thought the picture of George looking out the window was very cute.

Catherine looked perfect for the arrival and love how everyone was in some kind of blue.

I think that was probably Charlotte, not George.

Kate chose well this time round for the airplane steps. She had a bit of a struggle keeping her dress at knee level when departing the 'plane with eight month old George on the Oz tour.

While George gets quite a bit of attention (when they can) from his parents, I'm a bit bemused that little Charlotte, - ok, in her mum's arms - gets very little or none during the inital meet and greet.

Here are details of the royal tour for Sunday by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge after they arrive in Vancouver:

— Prince William and his wife Kate will tour Sheway, a pregnancy outreach service for women with drug and alcohol issues, in Vancouver's poorest neighbourhood, the Downtown Eastside. They will be welcomed by a First Nations ceremony and prayer and meet with the program's staff and clients to learn about the successful service that ensures mothers and babies are healthy.

— The couple will then visit the Immigrant Services Society of B.C. to unveil a plaque recognizing the new Welcome Centre for immigrants and refugees that opened in June. The centre is a regional hub for transitional housing and support services that includes 16 housing units, multilingual trauma support services and youth programs.

— At the Telus Garden, the duke and duchess will host a reception to meet and honour young Canadians who are making important contributions to their communities.

— At the final event of the day, Prince William and Kate will meet first responders to discuss the mental health implications of their work while visiting the Kitsilano Coast Guard Station. They will learn about the search-and-rescue and environmental operations conducted at the station before leaving the base by hovercraft.

News Talk 610 CKTB :: A look at where the royals are going Sunday :: National News Article

Just seeing the photos of them getting off the plane. Here's my summation

1) for those of you who think George resembles Will, get over it. It's Charlotte who takes after her father - look at those close ups of her face.

2) Of all the formal day wear I've seen Kate in, this may be bar none the best. Absolutely stunning.

3) That little George - charismatic in his own right.

Evening TV news in Australia is saying the crowds greeting William and Catherine were estimated at twenty-five thousand.

They screened a cute video clip of George taking the initiative and waving at Mrs Trudeau as everyone stood on the tarmac - and Mrs T's enthusiastic response to him. :lol:

Twenty-five thousand!:ohmy: Impressive as Victoria is not a mainland capital.

Two hours of live coverage! Wow. This is a big event to devote that much air time to their arrival.

Last edited by a moderator:

I must say I am impressed by the level of attention the Cambridges' tour is getting, not only in BC properly, but in the Canadian media in general. That should not be interpreted though as evidence of any sudden increase in support for the monarchy in Canada. After all, however large the royalist crowds may be in events like that, it is still just a drop in the ocean in a country like Canada.

With Canada being a major part of the realm, it would be good for the Cambridge's to deepen their ties to the Canadian people by taking on some charities in Canada and taking on some honorary roles with the military. It could be a chance for William and Catherine to make more visits together and individual visits in the future.

We currently see Anne, Charles, Edward and Sophie doing this. William and Catherine should get on board.

Last edited:

OK - who among us lives on the West coast of Canada? Knows people there? Is there a buzz about the tour and are people planning to try to see the family if they are close? Were the 25k locals or did people drive in from Vancouver, etc.? Does anyone want to be our local reporter a la Sun lion on the Australia Tour (nod of cap to Sun Lion)?

A selection of front pages. Remember when Charles and Camilla were in Canada in 2014 there were literally dozens of people out to see them.

Given W&K are 'only' visiting British Columbia and the Yukon, national media is giving the tour great coverage and the crowds last night were amazing.

https://twitter.com/RoyaleVision/status/780052769638060032

https://twitter.com/RoyaleVision/status/780053120227373056

https://twitter.com/RoyaleVision/status/780053455130005505

https://twitter.com/RoyaleVision/status/780052432755752960

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom