The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2014, 02:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I´m a bit surprised that there are no photos of the family´s landing back in England..?!

Why? It isn't normal for them to be shown returning from overseas tours anymore. It used to happen when they did long tours but these short tours don't rate it.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

They returned on a commercial flight, so I doubt there was much opportunity for photography at Heathrow. If they didn't leave the terminal through a public exit, they would never have been in a position to be photographed.

It's a little old now so it might not be a good representation of how things work today, but the BBC documentary Airport followed the operations at the Royal Suite (among other parts of the airport), and if I remember correctly, when they had dignitaries arrive on a commercial flight they sent a car to pick them up right at the gate.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:07 AM
Majesty

Types of Engagements by William and Kate on their tour Down Under 2014

Together:
1 Received by ...
1 Tea Party
2 Laid Wreath
1 Flying Day
1 State Reception
17 Visit
1 Sailing
2 Opened
2 Church Service
1 Rugby
1 Wine Tasting
1 Jetboat
2 Met people
1 Luncheon
1 Unveiled
1 Received
5 Reception
1 Easter Show
1 Surf Lifesaving
1 ANZAC Ceremony

TOTAL - 44

William Alone
2 Investiture
3 Received
1 Visit

TOUR TOTAL - 50

Kate Alone
1 Visit

TOUR TOTAL - 45
Old 04-29-2014, 06:05 AM
Aristocracy

I know I am definitely in the wrong thread, but I just wanted to know, should / when / if William becomes King, will Catherine be called Queen Catherine ?
Old 04-29-2014, 06:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystiblue View Post
I know I am definitely in the wrong thread, but I just wanted to know, should / when / if William becomes King, will Catherine be called Queen Catherine ?
Yes, Her Majesty The Queen and Queen Catherine afterwards.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-29-2014, 07:06 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I very much agree!
Kate's favourite photo of royal tour | Mail Online
Old 04-29-2014, 08:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Why? It isn't normal for them to be shown returning from overseas tours anymore. It used to happen when they did long tours but these short tours don't rate it.

What "short tour"?! If this wasn´t long I don´t know which is...?!

I remember lots of situations Royals being photographed after returning from a visit (I guess by non-officially accredited photographers); Prince Harry after his "infamous" trip to Vegas comes to my mind, for instance.

It´s such a long flight from Australia to Europe and I thought it kind of "comforting" having them seen landing safely back home again.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I´m a bit surprised that there are no photos of the family´s landing back in England..?!
Considering how many pictures we have been lucky to see over the last 3 weeks, I think taking pictures of them arriving home is a bit overkill. Plus, who really wants to be photographed after traveling from one side of the earth to the other? I have done it and the last thing I wanted was to have to smile for photographs as I was exhausted. We need to cut the Cambridge's some slack here.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quantas tweeted the royals were home Saturday morning. A picture isn't really needed to prove they got home safely. It is not like a large airplane crashing would not make the news.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
What "short tour"?! If this wasn´t long I don´t know which is...?!.
This tour didn't last 3 months like some The Queen and The DOE went on.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Right. And Charles and Diana's tour in 1983 was six weeks, followed that summer by a tour of Canada.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Courtier

I am having withdrawals today for I am missing the Cambridge's on tour. It was lovely to see them and their cute little boy out and about in NZ and A and learning about the history. What a wonderful couple and still so in love with each other. William sure has learnt the lessons of his father on how not to treat a wife. He is such a credit to his family and their history and I know more good things will be coming from him in the future.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:01 AM
Nobility

Australian milliner Jonathon Howard - who created the "Boutton" hat worn by the Duchess of Cambridge on her last official engagement of the recent Royal Tour, the Anzac Day Service and Parade - has been touched by the "Kate Effect".

Yesterday's newspaper - now also online - explained how he was approached in January to provide something for the Duchess to wear when here in Australia.

"Net-A-Porter" and "Club 21" have approached him to now provide large orders for their Northern Hemisphere Summer Campaigns - available in June.

He is used to making hats for clients one at a time - so is "amazed and thrilled" by what has happened.

Good Luck Jonathon. (And I really liked that hat.)
Old 05-18-2014, 01:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Not sure if these were posted before, if so I apologize

William and Kate playing with George on Easter Sunday
http://24.media.tumblr.com/812230cbb...8lhto1_500.jpg
http://37.media.tumblr.com/8a4687933...8lhto2_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/d5c61b3b0...8lhto3_500.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The pictures are great. I just came across them and although these are personal and private moments of a mother and father playing with their son, it's a beautiful thing to see too.

I really liked these photos too polyesco and Dman - actually little Prince George's first Easter Egg hunt.

(You can see the foil-wrapped eggs in a couple of the shots - behind PG in one, and in a line between the Duchess and the Duke in another.)

So first trip to a zoo and first Easter Egg Hunt, first Royal Tour, and in New Zealand, first official engagement - busy Prince George getting a lot of firsts done on this visit.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but there Australian Prime minister Tony Abbott was accused of breaching royal protocol by putting his arm around Prince William here
This made me wonder if the the Governor General's Wife breached protocol when she shook little Prince George's hand when the Cambridge's arrived in Australia? I am just wondering?

If so, people would have to be think the same about the hugging the Duchess got at Uluru - some serious hugging for her there from the locals at the end of the Aboriginal ceremony.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Speaking of Lupo, is anyone else thinking that Lupo is engaged in a staring contest with George's giant wombat in the middle of Kensington Palace because that's what I am picturing. :)

Well Skippyboo that could well be happening, as Oz TV covered the Sydney departure, and we all got a good look at the giant wombat on the luggage trolley along with the Duchess' three hat boxes.

(Also, some footage of the transfer between the RAAF Canberra arrival and the Qantas departure from Sydney - again the Royal party walking through the terminal - and little PG being strapped in his car seat for the quick drive from one to the other.)

Somewhere in all the information broadcast and written, I picked up that it won't be that long before the Duke and Duchess are back - it will be within three or four years.

They said they will not be leaving it as long between Royal Tours as in past years.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:31 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Another wardrobe malfunction covered when at Blue Mountains
Kates schlüpfriger Auftritt: Kleider-Verbot für die Herzogin? - Royals - Bild.de
Old 05-26-2014, 12:30 PM
Royal Highness

Nothin' we haven't see before....
Old 05-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Serene Highness

Geez. What is up with these magazines? Obviously they have nothing better to write about. So rude.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Kates schlüpfriger Auftritt: Kleider-Verbot für die Herzogin? - Royals - Bild.de

Funny that the DM are pixeling out Kate's behind while they have no problem to show everybody elses wardobe malfunctions or are not shy to show forgeign royals topless. They are such hypocrites but then, you better not angry a future king & queen. Amazing how CH manages to hold the local tabloids at bay.