The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2014, 03:37 AM
Courtier

One is young (17) the other not so young (40s). Neither royalists but appreciate the celebrity "thing". They aren't saying no to the possibility of being featured in a photograph with the English celebrities. Front page would be good. LOL

They are there to represent a school and I hope they have a good time.

Will give you an update when I see them later today.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:03 AM
Nobility

Oh too be only in my 40s again and I can't remember 17!
Would love to hear about any little thing they care to share AfricanAUSSIE.
Cheers, Sun Lion.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:10 AM
Courtier

They have just left the Opera House...

Stay tuned.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:35 AM
Courtier

Crowds greet William, Kate and baby Prince George as they arrive in Australia for ten day tour | Mail Online

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...2_964x1029.jpg
Old 04-16-2014, 04:49 AM
Nobility

Breakfast TV Show Broadcasting From The Blue Mts. Tomorrow Morning.

Channel 9's "Today" TV show will be relocating to the Blue Mts. for tomorrow, when the Duke and Duchess are in the area.
As well as visiting Echo Point and viewing the Three Sisters, the Duke and Duchess may take part in the abseilng.
They face a ninety minute road trip to their destination from Sydney.
When they return to Admiralty House tomorrow, Prince William will have a meeting with the Prime Minister of Australia.

The evening news shows are broadcasting some of the general public's mobile phone footage from the Opera House earlier today - closeups and comments not caught by the professional media.

P.S. Dark here now even though it's not yet 7.00pm. A pretty full moon out at the back of Admiralty House. Wonder if the Duke and Duchess are enjoying the lights of the Harbour.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:07 AM
Courtier

OK Sun Lion, here is the update:

The crowds we see in the photos are predominantly the usual tourists to the area who have gathered there when K&W arrived. There were plenty of Paps as well they said. NOTHING like when Oprah or Ellen were here. In fact, they were surprised at how small the gathering was.

They spent 5 minutes (more than what was expected) with Kate and said she was most attentive and described her as beautiful. They were star struck after all! There will be shots of them in the media I am sure. Kate asked a few questions. There were interruptions, officials were hurrying her along. Clearly there is a very, very tight timetable.

The room was filled with sourced private schools from Sydney. Will went and worked one side whilst Kate did the other.

They commented on her very high heels. They are not tall people. She towered over them and made them feel very small. Hahaha!

No mobiles or gifts were allowed to be taken in (unless it was previously approved - or if you are given flags to wave or flowers to give to Kate). People were screened thoroughly before entry.

It was a long journey and lengthy experience for 5 minutes of her time. They loved it and will use it to further their own fundraising activities and raise their profile in the local media.

I am thinking that that is what this whole thing is about. A photo opportunity. The Royals getting publicity for their brand in exchange for giving their time and celebrity to others further down the chain to raise their own profiles, etc.

They said the room had more media coverage (including not so great media folk) than the average folk. Why this made me think this was more about them and raising their profile/popularity than helping or relating to the average battler.

For those in publicity/marketing; It was a full on product launch for the BRF brand!!!! Absolutely no doubt in my mind about that.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:26 AM
Courtier

"Usual tourists" with banners, flowers, gifts and shirts with royal inscriptions?
The crowds in the photos (and videos) looked huge and cheerful. Commentators spoke of "thousends" turned up. But may be were talking about different photos...
You mean the crowds Ellen or Oprah attracted were even bigger? My goodness, what a world were living in...?!? Ellen and Oprah...
Old 04-16-2014, 07:39 AM
Courtier

I am in Sydney, my friends were there. I assume you wartenberg7 are not even is Australia.

I must me wrong, you must be right.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:07 AM
Courtier

I didnt say you are wrong, I just said the photos tell a different story than yours. Perhaps theyve been manipulated or may be taken from an angle the crowd looked bigger than assumed and TV reporters said, etc. Whatever...
Old 04-16-2014, 09:27 AM
Majesty

Pictures:
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge greet the crowds of public outside Sydney Opera House on April 16, 2014 in Sydney, Australia-
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/kexpo...ew/KHtY__mN1XX

New pic of Kate & George from Admiralty House via @9NewsSyd #RoyalVisitAus pic.twitter.com/U271xuWFYK
Prince George given a giant wombat by Governor-General Peter Cosgrove in Admiralty House via @9NewsSyd pic.twitter.com/59tJMSjJXl

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-16-2014, 09:40 AM
Royal Highness

Kate's elegance yellow dress,
Prince George new photos
Little girl : "marry me George"

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Trip to NZ and Australia, April 7-25 2014 | Selda Göktaş
Old 04-16-2014, 09:40 AM
Courtier

This is going to be an interesting trip for me. My family name is Cosgrove, and I have a cousin Peter Cosgrove!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Royal Highness

A big thank you to everyone who has provided updates on the trip. The photos and videos have been really appreciated.

Really enjoyed the photos of the Cambridges holding the puppies in NZ and honoring fallen officers. A few hours later they're in sunny Sydney touring the Opera House and Harbor. George continues to be a champ during the tour.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Majesty

Videos:
William And Kate Touch Down For Oz Trip-
William And Kate Touch Down For Oz Trip

To the mountains tomorrow:
"The young royals are scheduled to visit the Blue Mountain's on Sydney's western fringe on day two of their 10-day Australian tour. The royal couple is due to spend the day in the towns of Winmalee and Katoomba meeting local residents and volunteers, before getting a look at famous The Three Sisters rock formations. The visit comes after more than 200 homes were lost in fires that tore through around 50,000 hectares of bushland in the area last October, forcing schools to close and hundreds of locals to flee. The royals are expected to meet bushfire-affected families and the area's Mountain Youth Services group."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11232364

11.10am Blue Mountains and possible meeting with the Girl Guides-
http://royalkatedebate.blogspot.co.uk/

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-16-2014, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Nice picture of Kate and George.
Wow! That wombat is really cool! I don't know who likes it more - George or Daddy.
Any still photos of Kate with the girl with Down syndrome?
@ Daria- Weeping yet?
Old 04-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Courtier

re the video: Im really shocked at what people dare asking them these days!
Unthinkable to have asked the Queen when she did her walkabouts back in the late 50s or early 60s when shed produce another baby! I guess even in the Diana-years nobody would ask her or Charles on open street when a new baby would be on his/ her way... It was rather a speculation-thing within the media. Do these people really expect to get a serious answer?! I really do admire William for grinning and bearing it... (I guess Id be a very bad Royal...!)
Well, good behaviour seem to deteriorate more and more
Just imagine a completely strange person you meet for 3 seconds and youll never see again in your life would ask when youd be pregnant again...!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:37 AM
Majesty

That wombat would make a great pillow (for George, and possible Daddy). It looks very cuddly. As to your question, I have no words! If there are any pictures, I'd love to see them.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I figured as much! Me too!
William and Diana had a big hippo pillow they used to watch TV on.
Maybe Daddy and George will watch TV on the wombat.
Until Mommy tells them to take a break.
I can also see see Mommy having to tell Daddy that the pillow belongs to George.
Diana had a nickname for William- wombat.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:50 AM
Royal Highness

What a beautiful young family. Im in love with George!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
...I guess even in the Diana-years nobody would ask her or Charles on open street when a new baby would be on his/ her way...
Actually, I think Charles was asked if he and Diana were going to have another baby on the day William was born. So, people do ask the questions but I think it should be pretty obvious that they will most likely give George a baby brother or sister.

William's answer is just the truth. Everyone just have to give it some time.

Dr. Maya Angelou