Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Australia - April 16-25, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have proved their relationship is still very much in the honeymoon period during their tour of New Zealand and Australia.
As they prepare to celebrate their third wedding anniversary on Tuesday, the bond between the royal pair seems stronger than ever.
While some couples find their relationship can be strained by having a baby, the arrival of Prince George seems to have brought Kate and Prince William even closer.

As they approach their third wedding anniversary, new parents Kate and William show they are still very much in love on their tour Down Under | Mail Online

Tony Abbott, the Prime Minister of Australia, pronounced it one of the all-time great royal tours, and as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge set course for home today they will reflect on a job well done over the past three weeks.
The royal couple and their son Prince George left Australia and New Zealand with many memorable moments that will stay with those who witnessed them for the rest of their lives.
The tour not only cemented the two Commonwealth realms’ affection for Prince William, but also introduced the Duchess of Cambridge and nine-month-old George to the countries, both of which appear to have taken them to their hearts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...oyal-tour-Looking-back-on-the-highlights.html

Warren: Thank you for the great pictures. And, thank you to everyone who has wished me a good recovery. I appreciate the good wishes. :) And, I am recovering much better than the doctor expected...no scars! Yeah!
I have so enjoyed this tour. My respect for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge has greatly increased. They conducted themselves so well, so properly, but allowed their youthful personalities to shine through. I thought their bonding with their adorable baby Prince George was so evident. He seemed very secure. I loved the clothes they chose for him. I think babies and children look so lovely in "old-fashioned" traditional clothing. (Estelle? Doesn't get any better.) I thought Catherine did a great job in choosing her wardrobe for this trip. I know that they had lots of help in planning the places and events to visit. And, I think that it was all extremely well-planned. Now, would they like to come to the US and allow us to pretend that we don't have politicians, but lovely young royals? Or, maybe Willem and Maxima? I think that the BRF and members of The Commonwealth can truly be pleased with these "three". Smile...

After 24hr w/out net service and three calls to our provider's service desk (First time I am not happy w/the so called help from the Help Service people. All that needed to happen was to unplug and replug in the router as it had locked on me, so...Yeah.) between last night, today and then someone w/tech knowledge than the first two I talked to calling me back tonight, the problem was solved and I'm now all caught up w/things. Also breathing again after more than a bit of panic on my end. Okay then....

The very first thing I do when any of my electronics go out is to unplug, count to 20 and re-plug. I would say it works 90% of the time. In fact, my printer stopped working just yesterday and I pulled the big plug in the back and when I plugged it back in everything was like new. Sometimes all that wiring forget what they are supposed and you need to let them rest for a few second. Better than calling and waiting for the "Help(less) Desk" to get back to you.

Can you imagine what a rip roaring good time its going to be when George and his Uncle Harry get together?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for this. Uncle Harry will show young George how to get in touch with his fun-loving side :D.

A royal tour lift out in today's tabloid The Telegraph in New South Wales.

A lengthy tour article on it's website too:

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

Makes some comparison's with the Wales' and The Queen on previous tours.

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Australia- the Australian Leg 16-25 Apri...

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for this. Uncle Harry will show young George how to get in touch with his fun-loving side :D.

Please tell me when they were presented w/that mini speed boat in New Zealand for George, I wasn't the only picturing Harry at home seeing that and then grinning and rubbing his hands together w/glee? I mean...I can't be the only one who pictured that in their mind's eye? Was I?

:D

Warren: Thank you for the great pictures. Now, would they like to come to the US and allow us to pretend that we don't have politicians, but lovely young royals? Or, maybe Willem and Maxima? I think that the BRF and members of The Commonwealth can truly be pleased with these "three". Smile...

MissByrd:
I so agree with your comment, they did such a wonderful job and the interactions between themselves and the public will long be remembered. What a truly lovely couple they are and PG, oh he is going to be a handful someday as is PE of Sweden. Of all the royal babies these two have personalities that shine through at such a very young age.

...Nobody in this government represents us around the world with grace and dignity the way the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge represented Great Britain. Very sad indeed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope we get to see George on the balcony for Trooping the Colour, most likely he will be trying to grab someone's hat. Was watching YouTube vids of the Queens grandchildren when they were young, their antics were priceless:lol::lol::lol:

Fringes crossed for a photocall for George's first birthday.
A lot of people seem to think that George has Harry's personality but I think he acts just like William did as a child. William was quite the trouble maker as a child while Harry was very quiet.

What I would pay a fortune to see is a royal play date involving George, Estelle, the Danish twins with Isabella babysitting :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes William was a terror even at preschool. From the top of my head I remember him threatening another child along the lines of "when I'm King I will have your head chopped off" or similar. My children on school holidays still and my brain frazzled!

Even if you can find footage on YouTube of William after Harry's Christening you will see a strong willed tot. Interesting how they have become opposites later in life.

Dman. Thank you for the link. I am glad you enjoyed the article.

Yes William was a terror even at preschool. From the top of my head I remember him threatening another child along the lines of "when I'm King I will have your head chopped off" or similar. My children on school holidays still and my brain frazzled!

I remember this! I think he actually said he would have his Knights do the job!
(Yes, probably Sir Paul McCartney and Sir Elton John...)

That Katie Nicholls article is laughable. Kate has been wearing the watch and eternity ring for several months now. I am seriously doubting that Rebecca and the PAs are calling Kate by her first name. Finally, Ella the Middleton dog is Lupo's mother not girlfriend.

Speaking of Lupo, is anyone else thinking that Lupo is engaged in a staring contest with George's giant wombat in the middle of Kensington Palace because that's what I am picturing. :)

'William, Kate & George: Down Under' TV Special: 8PM UK Time on Sky News Tonight-
Outside UK Viewers:
tvpc.com - Sky News

Grace and dignity

MissByrd:
I so agree with your comment, they did such a wonderful job and the interactions between themselves and the public will long be remembered. What a truly lovely couple they are and PG, oh he is going to be a handful someday as is PE of Sweden. Of all the royal babies these two have personalities that shine through at such a very young age.

...Nobody in this government represents us around the world with grace and dignity the way the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge represented Great Britain. Very sad indeed!
Two words that seem to have been lost. These politicians don't strive for that at home or abroad. But, then, their motivation is not to promote harmony or to honor, celebrate and encourage the good things of the past and the present, which I think was part of the purpose of this tour. In that sense, I think the whole tour was uplifting. I know that it made my time of recuperation much more pleasant. Smile...
And, I really appreciated the history lessons along the way and the great info provided by our Australian Forum members. I love history and I love to know the facts. Smile...
Thanks to Sun Lion, Muhler, IluvBertie, Warren and many others who made this a most pleasant and informative discussion in the last couple of weeks.

Please tell me when they were presented w/that mini speed boat in New Zealand for George, I wasn't the only picturing Harry at home seeing that and then grinning and rubbing his hands together w/glee? I mean...I can't be the only one who pictured that in their mind's eye? Was I?

:D

I had the same thought, actually :D.

I hope we get to see George on the balcony for Trooping the Colour, most likely he will be trying to grab someone's hat. Was watching YouTube vids of the Queens grandchildren when they were young, their antics were priceless:lol::lol::lol:

Fringes crossed for a photocall for George's first birthday.
A lot of people seem to think that George has Harry's personality but I think he acts just like William did as a child. William was quite the trouble maker as a child while Harry was very quiet.

What I would pay a fortune to see is a royal play date involving George, Estelle, the Danish twins with Isabella babysitting :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think this scenario would a comedy in the making, and since George is the youngest in this crew, he'll be doing his earnest to keep up with the 'big' kids. Isabella will be in the thick of it, so I think we need a more shall we say, mellow personality to be in charge. Perhaps Elisabeth of Belgium would do quite nicely. Well, in any case, it would be something to witness, I'm sure :lol:. Being someone who works with kids, I'm quite keen on it :D.

'William, Kate & George: Down Under' TV Special: 8PM UK Time on Sky News Tonight-
Outside UK Viewers:
tvpc.com - Sky News

I just wanted to recommend this- I saw it yesterday for its original screening and there is some very good video footage of the visit.

I´m a bit surprised that there are no photos of the family´s landing back in England..?!

I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but there Australian Prime minister Tony Abbott was accused of breaching royal protocol by putting his arm around Prince William here
This made me wonder if the the Governor General's Wife breached protocol when she shook little Prince George's hand when the Cambridge's arrived in Australia? I am just wondering?

Perhaps it's unfair to expect everyone else in the world-most of whom are used to spontaneously touching others in a casual, warm, friendly way- to be so rigidly tuned in to the fact that the Royals aren't to be touched? As long as it's not ill-meant, I see no difference between a back pat and a handshake. Of course it's not customary to be overly familiar with royals or commoners alike, but the occasional casual touch is hardly worth getting the vaours over.

I don't think it's quite right to touch any baby's hands, because those hands go into baby's mouths.

ETA.. Vapours, not vaours!

Perhaps it's unfair to expect everyone else in the world-most of whom are used to spontaneously touching others in a casual, warm, friendly way- to be so rigidly tuned in to the fact that the Royals aren't to be touched? As long as it's not ill-meant, I see no difference between a back pat and a handshake. Of course it's not customary to be overly familiar with royals or commoners alike, but the occasional casual touch is hardly worth getting the vaours over.

I agree. There was an uproar when Michelle Obama put her arm around the Queen but, really, we Americans are like that and it's really difficult to not do that. I remember President Carter actually kissed the Queen mother and some people almost fainted!! I really don't think William was offended by Mr. Abbott's gesture and others shouldn't be either.

The pictures are great. I just came across them and although these are personal and private moments of a mother and father playing with their son, it's a beautiful thing to see too.

These were obviously taken w/out their knowledge. Many of us, myself among them, feel these are intruding on their privacy and don't want to see them. It's one thing if the links are only posted, then there's a choice to be made. These however...They have the right to privacy when somewhere they consider to be "home". We got plenty of pictures of them at the Zoo. Leave it at that.

I hear and feel both sides of the "PAPS with long lenses" issues. It WILL continue to happen because different countries have different laws and the internet is, most definitely GLOBAL.
Can we agree that going forward, when posting links to long lens, unpublic photos, we will add something to the start of the post along the lines of:

• Pap photo invading privacy, likely
  • Non-public event photo
  • Privacy breached, likely
  • Photos unlawful in the UK
or the ilk. Mods, we TRF members live in a lot of different places, with a lot of different laws. We also feel differently on this issue. Leadership? Just asking.

I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but there Australian Prime minister Tony Abbott was accused of breaching royal protocol by putting his arm around Prince William here
This made me wonder if the the Governor General's Wife breached protocol when she shook little Prince George's hand when the Cambridge's arrived in Australia? I am just wondering?

The Duke and Duchess have made it very clear that they want to be a "normal" couple, even though they are not. I would hope that they would not be upset by something like this which "normal" people do all the time, even to strangers or people we have just met.

http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/i...e-tour-australia-and-new-zealand-day-14-1.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/s.../2014_revamp_615x346/20140409/bbygeorge3e.jpg

Nada?!? The "attachment" between parents and baby was clearly visible every time they appeared together. I cannot think of how you came to this conclusion (yes, I know, you don´t like the Cambridges, heaven knows why, but still bother to post on this thread, but still...).

I think this was one of the most successful royal tours ever; HM must be more than satisfied and pleased with the Cambridges. W and C have done such a great job for the Monarchy already! Every appearance well poised and royal while still accessable and caring. They´ve won my deepest respect.

Well, I guess I come to conclusions as you do. I do not dislike those two as I do not personally know them. But I am concluding you think so because I do not admire them or hero worship them as you may.

I post here because I have a view. The fact that that may not agree with you is irrelevant!

The image you posted of William and George is lovely, but what I was looking for as "attachment" photos was something like this:
http://www.flixya.com/photo/2064565/princess-diana-and-her-son-prince-william-

By the way, not having seen one like it as yet is not a judgment. Obviously there was plenty of distractions and George was in a strange environment. I guess I am more impressed by tender moments than I am of fashion parades and general photo ops.

Back
Top Bottom