The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the "off schedule waving" and that she bothered to grab the flowers. Nicely done.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you Roslyn & Sun Lion for the fascinating information.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge meets 16-year-old designer who designed this blue dress for her #RoyalVisitAus pic.twitter.com/GSprA0h6to
William & Kate are on their way to Bear Cottage children's hospice - charity close to Kate's heart. Limited media #RoyalVisitAus

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-17-2014, 10:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Thank you for the opportunity to watch LIVE television from Sydney; especially to imagine how warm it must be there! This cold Canadian is envious but wishes all a Happy Easter
It's a beaut day here in Sydney gerry - 24 degrees, slight breeze coming from the west, (not off the Harbour), light blue sky and deep sapphire blue water. Manly may be a bit more breezey this afternoon as it's open to the ocean - but then you get all those lovely negative ions in the air from the sea, and feel really alive.
Hope you got a glimpse of some of Sydney's palm trees - a lot of people don't realise we're officially ''sub-tropical'', and as well as lots of bushland, the city is covered with palms too.

Was the Duchess scheduled to speak this afternoon? One of the Australian TV channels is saying she may speak ''officially'' later today.
Rob Jobson is a guest on an afternoon TV show currently - saying no footage from Bear Cottage. Rob relayed that the Duchess said - on seeing a piece of alpaca wool at the Show this morning- that it would help with W's bald patch - but he may need a bit more.

Estimates of ten thousand people at Manly Beach - and all the balconys along the beach-front are filled with people drinking wine, with their cameras ready. The Prime Minister and his wife are expected to meet the Duke and Duchess at the beach - and Barry O'Farrell's replacement Mike Baird.
More footage of the Queen Mother at Manly in 1958 being broadcast.

The Duchess did give a speech at Bear Cottage, and it will soon be released. Photo from the speech now released. Royal party now leaving Bear Cottage. The Prime Minister and his wife, are with the Duke and Duchess.
(Running half an hour over schedule.)
Tremendous live coverage on two Australian TV channels - watching the Duke and Duchess on Manly Beach for over an hour, interacting with the crowds, surf-life savers, Prime Minister and new NSW Premier.

Looks like the Duke and Duchess have just arrived back at Admiralty House - 5.40pm local time - the helicopters are back! (Two police helicopters.) Evening news has footage of the Duchess singing with the Bear Cottage children.

(The tugs yesterday brought an oil tanker in along passed Admiralty House - not a cruise liner, but it's dark here now, and a ship is sounding it's horn off, so W and C will soon be able to see a cruise ship sail past them - truly beautiful all lit up.)

P.S. The Queen's trainer is now on the telly - the Queen's horse ''Carlton House'' is the favourite to win it's race tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:20 AM
Nobility

Baby George is sooooo adorable little boy!!
I look his nose that mama Kate's.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Thousands welcome Royal couple to Manly- The Duchess of Cambridge's Speech-
Thousands welcome Royal couple to Manly | Sky News Australia

Well delivered Your Royal Highness!

#royal visit. The duchess gives a speech at a hospice in Sydney. pic.twitter.com/bwlGhRQrfh

William looking on lovingly as his wife deliver her speech.

Text of Duchess of Cambridge's speech-
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...bridges-speech

Queensland tomorrow-
"Tomorrow the duke and duchess are off to the land named after Queen Victoria, the baby future king's great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother. There they'll be visiting the RAAF base in Amberley - Australia's largest operational air base. The couple will inspect the F/A-18F Super Hornet, plant a tree in the memorial garden and meet RAAF personnel and their families. Later they'll head to Brisbane for a civic reception to be hosted by Premier Campbell Newman and Governor Penelope Wensley.

Expect plenty more enthusiastic crowds, sunshine and flowers. Don't expect to see baby George though!"
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11232364

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-18-2014, 04:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge's private secretary, Rebecca Deacon, kicks off her heels but Kate hangs onto her wedges! pic.twitter.com/PuHBtC3cGE
Showed a tuft of alpaca hair Kate turned to William and said 'you need it more than me' and pointed to his head. Fortunately he laughed.
The Duchess of Cambridge has suggested the perfect solution for her husband's growing bald patch - an alpaca toupee.
Prince William and Aussie PM Tony Abbot on Manly Beach today #royalvisit #sydney pic.twitter.com/zrfCaRZnos
Kate's Baywatch moment: Duchess runs on towering wedges as she joins William on Manly Beach in Sydney to meet famous lifeguards-

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-18-2014, 08:23 AM
Courtier

The ABC reports that this visit is costing Australians 1.5 to 2 million dollars.

Considering our up-coming budget cuts, I hope the returns will be worth it!
Old 04-18-2014, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

IMHO, the Aussie spirit is the star of the show, so far. Fun, funny, outgoing, open-minded and welcoming.

Oh - and a tip of the hat to that big, warm yellow thing in the sky.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Courtier

Why thank you AdmirerUS. You are most welcome to come on over!!! We will make sure we put out the red carpet for you too!!
Old 04-18-2014, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Videos:
Royals impressed by the Easter show and Manly Beach-
Video | ninemsn news

Kate And William: Royals Visit Aussie Beach
Kate And William: Royals Visit Aussie Beach

Duchess thanks Australia for welcoming her and George-
BBC News - Duchess thanks Australia for welcoming her and George

A motorboat, a bike, a giant wombat & now this! "@ArthurJEdwards William & Kate collect another gift for baby George pic.twitter.com/vfbu6ZDFCz"

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-18-2014, 10:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
The ABC reports that this visit is costing Australians 1.5 to 2 million dollars.

Considering our up-coming budget cuts, I hope the returns will be worth it!
That's nothing at all. That's pocket change to goverments.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I like William's relaxed attitude when meeting with people. He and Harry appear to have inherited their mother's gift for putting people at easy.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

What's the story here?
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gp/485...1ef8geJ2ex3cjd
then
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gp/485...2bU6axICUQlMfw
then
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gp/485...Txc7bLrZx1CDkC

Also Anna posted this on her My Small Obsessions FB page - but the painting is grand and so is Kate's face - so I thought I would post. Sorry if a repeat. http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/485...GXqBg2uw%3d%3d
Old 04-18-2014, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Kate, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William attend Sydney's Royal Easter Show | Mail Online

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Bear Cottage Hospice's Facebook Pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...64321056951978

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Bear Cottage Hospice's Facebook Pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...64321056951978
This is what I stayed up till 11:45 PM last night for folks.
I don't have words here. so I think I'll borrow some from a man I respected a lot-
The age of miracles is not past us.
I also read in a book once that where there is great love, they're always miracles. If this doesn't prove that, I don't know what does.
My favorite picture has to be William with the little princesses.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate and William are moved to tears as Royal couple visit Sydney children's hospice | Mail Online
The two people have got to be close to angels, in my opinion. If they're not angels already.

I'm referring to the photos in the daily Mail article from bear cottage.
If that doesn't choke you up, then I don't know what will.
Have no more tears left.
Love seeing photos of Catherine seeing with children, and the photo of William listening to the young lady, I believe that is what we call opening one's heart on a moments notice. Very special indeed.
Young Daniel's joy at meeting The Duchess was infectious, and priceless.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

IMHO having a child has heightened their feelings when meeting with terminally ill children and their families. Apparently one child is the same age as George. Sometimes these emotions can be overwhelming even if you've done your best to keep them in check.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
IMHO having a child has heightened their feelings when meeting with terminally ill children and their families. Apparently one child is the same age as George. Sometimes these emotions can be overwhelming even if you've done your best to keep them in check.
Oh, I so agree.
One of the things that really stood out to me was how relaxed Catherine was on this engagement in comparison to similar engagements on other tours.
She wasn't as reserved, and seemed much more at ease.