The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I'm sorry, but the comment about the young lady that met the Cambridges on the tarmac 'suffering' from Down Syndrome really irked me...
I agree- suffering was the wrong word.
I've been trying to think of a better word. What would you find acceptable?

Old 04-17-2014, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Just take "suffering" out, with Down's Syndrome or anything else that is not temporary, for example with eyeglasses, with an artificial leg,with blue eyes, more factual.
You could say "suffering from" a broken leg...

Old 04-17-2014, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

She looked very pretty even if the dress is nothing special IMO. It reminds me of this Erdem she wore during her pregnancy.I don't know why though:

Kate Middleton Photos - Kate Middleton Visits a Primary School - Zimbio

The only thing that bothers me : Why is STILL wearing those horrible wedges? Sorry but there's an occasion for everything and it wasn't ideal to were such shoes high on a mountains! At the vinyard she almost slipped and today she didn't have a go because of her shoes. She said the same thing when she didn't try badmington in October at Sportsaid and she specifically said itwas due to her shoes.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge in Diane von Furstenberg

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Trip to NZ and Australia, April 7-25 2014 | Selda Göktaş
Old 04-17-2014, 03:11 PM
Majesty

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Australasia- the Australian Leg 16-25 Ap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I agree- suffering was the wrong word.
For me, the best way is just saying 'an individual with...', so that it's always person first. We need to remember that it's the individual who has the condition, and not the condition that has the individual. Also, having worked with kids that have DS, I can tell you, there's no suffering. They're like any other children, with strengths, hopes, dreams, and areas of struggles.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Cambridges are fortunate to be seeing some of the most beautiful scenery that NZ and Australia have to offer.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Itinerary:
Friday 18th April
Sydney

10.45am Royal Easter Show

11.45am (ish) Bear Cottage Hospice

3.10pm Manly Beach
Royal Kate Debate

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Sydney's Easter Show at the Olympic Park-
http://www.livestation.com/reuters?source=redirect

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Courtier

Before this tour I remember reading a lot about all the jewels that DOC was going to be wearing. So far I have only seen one pin on the frist day. Everything else is the same as she always wears. Does anyone have a idea of when and if we really may see some bling?

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...9Lfk0jE9yOFzlA
Old 04-17-2014, 04:05 PM
Aristocracy

As for William telling his wife that she looked like a banana in yellow - hopefully he will keep his mouth shut when around his grandmother since yellow is supposidly one of her favorite colors.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Did he say that within earshot of reporters or did someone leak it? Hopefully, they were goofing off which would be a really good thing, as he seems so glum most of the time. Anyway, that's something a smart-@ss husband would say.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Did he say that within earshot of reporters or did someone leak it? Hopefully, they were goofing off which would be a really good thing, as he seems so glum most of the time. Anyway, that's something a smart-@ss husband would say.
Most likely joking around. They seem to keep each other laughing a lot. There's a picture of them in the car yesterday laughing they're butts off.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The remark about her outfit sounds like a playful comment. Spouses tease each other all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
A big thank you to everyone who has provided updates on the trip. The photos and videos have been really appreciated.
Totally agree. Thanks to all.

Hope you're feeling better, Sun Lion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
.The only thing that bothers me : Why is STILL wearing those horrible wedges?
Yeah I have to agree. I'm usually not bothered by her heels (didn't really have problem with them at Sportsaid), but this occasion definitely called for flats. It was a bit disconcerting seeing her near the edge of a cliff in wedges.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Heels or flats, just as long as I can see those good looking "Middleton" legs, I really don't care.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-17-2014, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

Here are some excellent pictures, including pictures of William not abseiling.

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHİON: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Tour Australia and New Zealand - Day 11
Old 04-17-2014, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Most likely joking around. They seem to keep each other laughing a lot. There's a picture of them in the car yesterday laughing they're butts off.
Agreed. This is a couple that teases each other in a fun way.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
It was a bit disconcerting, seeing her near the edge of a cliff in wedges.
I so agree; if she had taken a stumble so close to the cliff's edge as she did in the vineyards wearing those wedges, that might not have turned out so well. She should have changed into flats on that site.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Video: Royal tour: Prince William lauds Australia efforts to find missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 plane - Telegraph

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
...Does anyone have a idea of when and if we really may see some bling?
I was pondering this too. Looking at many of the engagements for the rest of the tour, I don't any obvious opportunities for bling. Are any events likely to require an evening gown?
Old 04-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
For me, the best way is just saying 'an individual with...', so that it's always person first...
You're right- that is the best way. And I've never really thought about it before. I hope you don't think bad of me for asking that question, but I'm trying to learn, so I don't offend anyone. For me, the word to avoid has always been retarded. Never really thought about how other words can hurt. Especially, when as you said, there is no suffering.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:34 PM
Majesty

I don't think badly of you at all. I don't mind answering any questions that you may have.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.