The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
...I truly believe that what goes around comes around and its what I give out in this world that returns to me.
Perfectly stated Osipi.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Aristocracy

[ed Warren: quoted post subsequently deleted by the poster]

...There are plenty of us Americans who...think that the pictures of Catherine and those of Harry did not need to be printed.
And although I am not a fan of Hillary or Michelle, I would be appalled at the photographer who would demean them. I would be surprised if a photographer here woul dare to do that to either of them.
As for Catherine, I am surprised at the intensity of dislike for her. She is only 30 years old. And I'm just amazed at how much I've learned in the 40 years since I was 30. ��.

Could we please cut her some slack? I think she's a beautiful young woman who has brought a lot of happiness to Pr William.
Maybe we could each send her some pantaloons. ��

And, I do like the suggestion made of little girl ruffles. Of course, any of us would love to wear weights in our skirts! Right?

Old 05-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
...any girl who would allow themselves to be photographed like that - no matter the circumstances - has no self-respect and no respect for the people who might see them.
Since when did Catherine *ALLOW, ENCOURAGE, ASK, and PURPOSELY SHOW HER BUTT TO THE WORLD*?

Think about it Iluvbertie, this happened because she wanted it to........give me a break. And so what if it happened again and again, she will learn from her mistakes as we all do.........you, me and the rest of the world, it takes time and she is no nobody's time table but her own. This is just wrong in all sense of human decency regardless of how anyone wants to put it........from your comment it seems that the young people today sure in the heck are being brought up way different then what young people in the past have been brought up.....or else it's just the low morals these kids today are seeing through social media.......TELL ME, WHEN IS IT OKAY TO TAKE A PICTURE OF ANYONE'S BUTT AND THEN SELL IT...........NOBODY HAS AN ANSWER FOR THAT?
Old 05-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
No person deserves this type of treatment be they a well-known public figure to the average person on the street. IMHO there is no grey area when it shielding someone from public embarrassment as this type of situation. .
I just am appalled at the idea that someone here or elsewhere thinks this is an okay thing to do........take pictures of someone's butt, (be it Catherine or anyone else who is a public figure) and then sell it to make money, what in the hell is happening to this world? Is money everybody's GOD or what, I can assure you that I would have destroyed these pictures and I need money just as much as some of do, yet I chose to believe that I am a better person then those that sell their soul for a damn dollar regardless of how many dollars are involved. I have had money, lots of it and spent it and then through no circumstances that I could control lost it, 99% of it, and that was decades ago, and yet to this day I have no regrets because I know that money can't make me happy or a better person then I am today. It, money, only buys things, or people, it doesn't make the soul, heart, or mind a better part of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
...I truly believe that what goes around comes around and its what I give out in this world that returns to me.
Thank you...I am also of the belief that what goes around comes right back at you and I have seen Karma at work....and I sure don't want anything ugly/bad/mean or hateful coming back to bite me anytime in my life and It has happened to bite me and I learnt my lessons big time. Being a decent human being isn't hard, being a person of low morals and bad character is very hard and takes up too much negative energy.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
...the boys on that excursion had some juicy things to say about Kate and her butt - and none of them complementary to Kate. In the view of these 15 year old boys - Kate is a ***** for not wearing underwear...and deserves to be ridiculed...
Please tell me you shut this discussion down and corrected them. Kate is no way a ***** because she had a wardrobe malfunction. I find it quite sad that women are held to such a different standard. Prince Philip flashes the goods while on public duty and no one calls him out, yet Kate gets called all kinds of derogatory names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I have to say that as an educator I would not have permitted this type of discussion to happen in the classroom, on a field trip etc...if I was the adult in charge. It would have been the perfect "teachable moment" to educate them on respect for their fellow human beings.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Serene Highness

Where are the moderators here? I cannot believe the extent to which this thread has careened out of control: people calling out entire citizenships, relating (and sort of congratulating themselves on) how their teenage students were allowed to call an adult obscenities in their presence, posters on both sides "yelling" at each other (electronically speaking), etc.

I don't care what side of this ridiculous debate you're on - stop this insanity. Enough is enough.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Well this moderator is at work and can't do a proper cleanup. But I will close this thread so that everyone can take a step back and regroup.

Seriously.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:46 PM
Courtier

Well those Royal Forums posters who thought the visit by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge would boost tourism - take a bow, you were right.

A report today says local airline "Jetstar" is now flying direct between Melbourne and Uluru four days a week.

Previously people had to take a chartered flight, or travel via Sydney.

(And chartered weekend flights are full for twelve weeks.)

"Jetstar" is a budget airline, and the direct Melbourne flights make for a cheap and easy getaway.

The flights from Sydney to Uluru have also been increased, and now fly daily.

The article quotes the "Jetstar" CEO David Hall as crediting the Royal visit with putting Uluru back in the "limelight".
Old 06-29-2014, 10:57 PM
Heir Apparent

That's great news for the businesses at Uluru, isn't it!
Old 06-29-2014, 11:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
That's great news for the businesses at Uluru, isn't it!
It sure is Roslyn, (hi, hope you're going well), as earlier this year I read - in "The Australian" newspaper I think - that the local indigenous land council had brought some tourist ventures at Uluru, against ministerial advice and at too high a price, and were on the verge of bankruptcy.

I think this was why the Duke and Duchess had this on their schedule - not just for the photo ops to follow W's parents - but someone somewhere hoped such a result would follow, and turn the tide for those trying to make a go of it there.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:11 AM
Serene Highness

This is very good news and this information should be published in the Daily Mail in London for all to see because so many tourist go there because of the history and hoping to see the queen riding by........I was one of them at one time......and I saw the changing of the guard and that was thrilling for me being a history buff. Glad some good came out of this trip for the people of the area!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
This is very good news and this information should be published in the Daily Mail in London for all to see because so many tourist go there because of the history and hoping to see the queen riding by........I was one of them at one time......and I saw the changing of the guard and that was thrilling for me being a history buff. Glad some good came out of this trip for the people of the area!
Hi SElizabeth- yes, very good to see this after the past weeks about "workshy William" and "Two, (now three), Kitchen Kate".

And similar "good news" may be going on with others things the Duke and Duchess visited in New Zealand and Australia -that we just haven't heard about yet.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Well those Royal Forums posters who thought the visit by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge would boost tourism - take a bow, you were right.

A report today says local airline "Jetstar" is now flying direct between Melbourne and Uluru four days a week.

Previously people had to take a chartered flight, or travel via Sydney.

(And chartered weekend flights are full for twelve weeks.)

"Jetstar" is a budget airline, and the direct Melbourne flights make for a cheap and easy getaway.

The flights from Sydney to Uluru have also been increased, and now fly daily.

The article quotes the "Jetstar" CEO David Hall as crediting the Royal visit with putting Uluru back in the "limelight".
Thanks you, thank you for the continued reports. You know, the Huffington post started out like this ? But, really - thanks, SunLion.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Thanks you, thank you for the continued reports. You know, the Huffington post started out like this ? But, really - thanks, SunLion.

G'day from Oz, AdmirerUS.

You know we get so much Royal news here in Australia these days - any and everything is on the morning TV shows - the early morning and mid-morning programs -then again in the mid-morning and afternoon news and if "big" enough a story, on the evening news and the evening "discussion" panel shows.

Today I could have seen the Duchess's sister's interview for example, and we have direct reports several days a week from Rob Jobson, Gavin Grey and goodness knows who else if you never stepped away from the telly.

The days of only the women's magazines taking an interest are over - even the newspapers publish photos and stories on a regular basis.

And there is no criticism directed at the Royals.

If the UK reporters tell us of an "uproar" going on in Britain about trips to the Maldives leaving PG at home, renovations, expenditure and costs etc. - the Aussie reporters just say things like "good on them" or "I'd do it too", "let them do it while their young" etc.

No tut-tutting from Downunder, as there seems to be Upover.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
G'day from Oz, AdmirerUS.

You know we get so much Royal news here in Australia these days - any and everything is on the morning TV shows - the early morning and mid-morning programs -then again in the mid-morning and afternoon news and if "big" enough a story, on the evening news and the evening "discussion" panel shows.

Today I could have seen the Duchess's sister's interview for example, and we have direct reports several days a week from Rob Jobson, Gavin Grey and goodness knows who else if you never stepped away from the telly.

The days of only the women's magazines taking an interest are over - even the newspapers publish photos and stories on a regular basis.

And there is no criticism directed at the Royals.

If the UK reporters tell us of an "uproar" going on in Britain about trips to the Maldives leaving PG at home, renovations, expenditure and costs etc. - the Aussie reporters just say things like "good on them" or "I'd do it too", "let them do it while their young" etc.

No tut-tutting from Downunder, as there seems to be Upover.
Just know how much we appreciate your POV. You make the effort and it is priceless. It's also your own POV and a lot of us respect you for that.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Just know how much we appreciate your POV. You make the effort and it is priceless. It's also your own POV and a lot of us respect you for that.

Gosh, very generous of you AdmirerUS.

I, like a lot of posters, really enjoyed "reporting" on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge when they were in our backyard a few months ago.

I missed posting on a lot of things that came out here in the weeks after they left our shores as I had to go "cold-turkey" on posting - I was about to overdose, and needed to get on with life in the actual world etc.

Now all the action is back on the UK posters turf - and it's not quite the same as when they are going to places and doing things you know and have done.

That was really special - and half my recording machines are still full of the news reports/live broadcasts of those days .
Old 07-12-2014, 04:15 AM
Courtier

Would you like a BIG wombat, just like the one young Prince George was given when he was down here in Sydney a few months ago?

There is one in the window of a shop called "Kangaroos & Koalas" at Darling Harbour - for sale at $250 Aussie dollars.

Too big?

Too expensive?

Though there is only one BIG one, there are are plenty of others ranging down through about five sizes to the littlest version, going for only $25 dollars.

(And, nice suprise - "Australian Made". Not too many labels saying that these days.)
Old 07-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Courtier

Fred, the merino ram who "met" the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Sydney's Royal Easter Show back in April, is in the news again!

Famous Fred and his wooly companion Truffle are travelling to Bendigo in Victoria for a big wool and sheep breeders show - and will make an appearance at a shopping mall to promote the big do.

Fred's owner explained "Princess Kate" was charmed by his ability to bow on command, and that it took a fortnight to train him to do so.

Now known as the "Royal Ram", Fred is the world's most photographed sheep.

There is a nice video of his owner giving some details about Fred's brush with Royalty.

I can't provide a link from my tablet, but hopefully you will be able to find it via "A royal sheep treat: video, pictures" by Adam Holmes.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:38 AM
Courtier

Remember the photos of the still very dressed-up Duke and Duchess of Cambridge giving Prince George his first Easter egg hunt on the lawns of Admiralty House here in Sydney on Easter Sunday - after the church service in the city, and before changing outfits for the visit to the zoo in the afternoon?

I know some posters here were not happy with the "invasion" of privacy of these - and it was before the day off in Canberra photos, and the Blue Mts wind vs dress photos, maybe even before the Saturday night footy photos, and so no-one knew what was yet to come out.

I just flipped through a "New Idea" magazine from May at the hairdresser, and another set of photos from this Easter Sunday on the lawn were sold exclusively to this magazine and published by them - photos from a different angle with the Duke photographing PG on his crawl.

Shock! Shock! though - this "private" occasion wasn't just witnessed by Nanny and bodyguards - one of this other set of photos shows twelve people standing along the Admiralty House verandah watching William, Kate and George!

And all very well-dressed too. Maybe there was a lunch together - or was this when the Duke did the investiture?

In any case, not really a private moment for just the little family to enjoy.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate and Will kept costs down on visit to Australia

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian
Quote:
PRINCE William and his young family were not only welcome visitors to Australia this year, they were budget travellers, too. The cost of their 10-day tour was dwarfed by that of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh in 2011.

The taxpayer coughed up $474,137 to host the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with their baby, Prince George, figures released to The Australian show.

Of that, the biggest expense was for the RAAF to fly them from New Zealand to Sydney and to shuttle William and Catherine to engagements in Brisbane, Uluru, Adelaide and Canberra.

More was spent on media wrangling than on feeding and accommodating the family.