The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Commoner

Wall of rememberance

Just to add - around ANZAC day and Armistice Day the number of poppies increase. I have never seen as many as seemed to be there when the Duke and Duchess were there.

The poppy thing was not intended on design - the names are on panels and we (and all the others) have placed our poppy and rosemary in the slot between panels.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:21 AM
Commoner

Australian War memorial

Here is a lovely picture of the beautiful tomb of the unknown soldier - around the walls are mosaics depicting the various service men and women - an airman, a seaman, an nurse and infantryman. Hall of Memory | Australian War Memorial

It is a real place of reflection, beauty and craftmanship honouring the thousands who fought and paid with their lives, and the thousands who fought and came home with the horrible memories of that time.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 1h
Prince William held an Investiture at Government House in Canberra on April 25th before attending Anzac Day commemorations (Court Circular)

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Majesty

I think this tour was a great success. It was a pleasure to watch William, and Catherine interact with people (especially children). Catherine has definitely grown into her own during this trip, and her confidence is soaring. It was also a delight to see baby George, and get a glimpse of his feisty personality. He'll be a handful when he's just a tad older. Like others, I too hope to see more of this couple when they return to the UK.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Nobility

Kate Middleton and Prince William's tour: best moments - hellomagazine.com

Vote for your favourite of Kate's tour outfits - hellomagazine.com
Old 04-26-2014, 02:52 PM
Serene Highness

Did they actually land again on english soil or are they still in the air?!
Old 04-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I think this tour was a great success. It was a pleasure to watch William, and Catherine interact with people (especially children). Catherine has definitely grown into her own during this trip, and her confidence is soaring. It was also a delight to see baby George, and get a glimpse of his feisty personality. He'll be a handful when he's just a tad older. Like others, I too hope to see more of this couple when they return to the UK.
Can you imagine what a rip roaring good time its going to be when George and his Uncle Harry get together?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They're not here yet I believe.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you to those who shared a description of the War Memorial. From the photos it was a little difficult to know if it was a reflection pool.

It seems to be a graceful and dignified place for Australians to honor their war dead and veterans.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:09 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

The Australian War Memorial, Canberra

Images courtesy of Wikipedia
These files are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have proved their relationship is still very much in the honeymoon period during their tour of New Zealand and Australia.
As they prepare to celebrate their third wedding anniversary on Tuesday, the bond between the royal pair seems stronger than ever.
While some couples find their relationship can be strained by having a baby, the arrival of Prince George seems to have brought Kate and Prince William even closer.
As they approach their third wedding anniversary, new parents Kate and William show they are still very much in love on their tour Down Under | Mail Online

Quote:
Tony Abbott, the Prime Minister of Australia, pronounced it one of the all-time great royal tours, and as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge set course for home today they will reflect on a job well done over the past three weeks.
The royal couple and their son Prince George left Australia and New Zealand with many memorable moments that will stay with those who witnessed them for the rest of their lives.
The tour not only cemented the two Commonwealth realms’ affection for Prince William, but also introduced the Duchess of Cambridge and nine-month-old George to the countries, both of which appear to have taken them to their hearts.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ighlights.html

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-26-2014, 06:19 PM
Aristocracy

Warren: Thank you for the great pictures. And, thank you to everyone who has wished me a good recovery. I appreciate the good wishes. :) And, I am recovering much better than the doctor expected...no scars! Yeah!
I have so enjoyed this tour. My respect for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge has greatly increased. They conducted themselves so well, so properly, but allowed their youthful personalities to shine through. I thought their bonding with their adorable baby Prince George was so evident. He seemed very secure. I loved the clothes they chose for him. I think babies and children look so lovely in "old-fashioned" traditional clothing. (Estelle? Doesn't get any better.) I thought Catherine did a great job in choosing her wardrobe for this trip. I know that they had lots of help in planning the places and events to visit. And, I think that it was all extremely well-planned. Now, would they like to come to the US and allow us to pretend that we don't have politicians, but lovely young royals? Or, maybe Willem and Maxima? I think that the BRF and members of The Commonwealth can truly be pleased with these "three". Smile...
Old 04-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
After 24hr w/out net service and three calls to our provider's service desk (First time I am not happy w/the so called help from the Help Service people. All that needed to happen was to unplug and replug in the router as it had locked on me, so...Yeah.) between last night, today and then someone w/tech knowledge than the first two I talked to calling me back tonight, the problem was solved and I'm now all caught up w/things. Also breathing again after more than a bit of panic on my end. Okay then....
The very first thing I do when any of my electronics go out is to unplug, count to 20 and re-plug. I would say it works 90% of the time. In fact, my printer stopped working just yesterday and I pulled the big plug in the back and when I plugged it back in everything was like new. Sometimes all that wiring forget what they are supposed and you need to let them rest for a few second. Better than calling and waiting for the "Help(less) Desk" to get back to you.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Can you imagine what a rip roaring good time its going to be when George and his Uncle Harry get together?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for this. Uncle Harry will show young George how to get in touch with his fun-loving side .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Aristocracy

A royal tour lift out in today's tabloid The Telegraph in New South Wales.

A lengthy tour article on it's website too:

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

Makes some comparison's with the Wales' and The Queen on previous tours.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Australia- the Australian Leg 16-25 Apri...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I'd love to be a fly on the wall for this. Uncle Harry will show young George how to get in touch with his fun-loving side .
Please tell me when they were presented w/that mini speed boat in New Zealand for George, I wasn't the only picturing Harry at home seeing that and then grinning and rubbing his hands together w/glee? I mean...I can't be the only one who pictured that in their mind's eye? Was I?

Old 04-27-2014, 01:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rosie View Post
A royal tour lift out in today's tabloid The Telegraph in New South Wales.

A lengthy tour article on it's website too:

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

Makes some comparison's with the Wales' and The Queen on previous tours.
That was a very nice article. I actually miss the Cambridge's on this tour already.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-27-2014, 01:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

A very nice read as well.
Royal tour: Behind the scenes of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's trip-
Royal tour: Behind the scenes of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's trip - Telegraph

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-27-2014, 01:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissByrd View Post
Warren: Thank you for the great pictures. Now, would they like to come to the US and allow us to pretend that we don't have politicians, but lovely young royals? Or, maybe Willem and Maxima? I think that the BRF and members of The Commonwealth can truly be pleased with these "three". Smile...
MissByrd:
I so agree with your comment, they did such a wonderful job and the interactions between themselves and the public will long be remembered. What a truly lovely couple they are and PG, oh he is going to be a handful someday as is PE of Sweden. Of all the royal babies these two have personalities that shine through at such a very young age.

...Nobody in this government represents us around the world with grace and dignity the way the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge represented Great Britain. Very sad indeed!
Old 04-27-2014, 03:22 AM
Gentry

I hope we get to see George on the balcony for Trooping the Colour, most likely he will be trying to grab someone's hat. Was watching YouTube vids of the Queens grandchildren when they were young, their antics were priceless

Fringes crossed for a photocall for George's first birthday.
A lot of people seem to think that George has Harry's personality but I think he acts just like William did as a child. William was quite the trouble maker as a child while Harry was very quiet.

What I would pay a fortune to see is a royal play date involving George, Estelle, the Danish twins with Isabella babysitting