Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Australia - April 16-25, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tour was successful; what IS the big deal!

She has stuff planed for JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST. I would hardly call meeting dignitries. Making speeches. Attending memorial services as a holiday. Let me remind you this couple are second in line to the throne not first. I just don't get all the hate this couple get they done nothing really to warrent such abuse.
I agree with you. Why all the abuse? And blaming Catherine for the disgusting behavior of a tacky photographer? We don't even know for sure that it wasn't photoshopped. So she might wear abbreviated underwear. And so the wind blew her skirt up. Big deal.
Other than probably making her and her family feel bad, I would say this was a non-event.

I doubt its legit, it looks photoshopped in 'certain' areas there are too many unanswered questions surrounding the provenance of the photo but really so what if it is? It just highlights what a scummy magazine Bild is and the more certain people try and make a bigger deal of this than it really is, it comes across as tacky.

Kate is a pro and she can and always does hold her head high. Class act all the way. The tour down under was a success and the 'world' has already moved on from this non-issue. Kate has an engagement coming up on Friday I think.

I have been wondering myself if they are photoshopped or not photoshopped -I can't tell.

From what I have seen in Twitter among the royal reporters, they are all talking as if they are genuine.

I have the feeling that before these photos were bought and published, the publisher obtained some legal advice on the repercussions. It would seem to me that if there were photoshopped, and I'm guessing the publisher can better determine this than we can - Kate would have a defamation or an invasion of privacy/false light type of claim. If they are genuine, I'm not sure there would be an invasion of privacy as she's clearly in public on a royal engagement - and certainly it would not be defamation.

If these are fake, she should sue, like she sued that French rag.
If these are genuine, I think she's an idiot - yes, she can't help the wind, but put on some undergarments, for heaven's sake.

Unless it's really a slipshod job, I can't tell if a picture's been photoshopped. So if this one is, then Kate should absolutely sue Bild for all its worth since this would be really degrading. If not and it's for real, well, then, she should know by now the precautions she needs to take to prevent these ongoing occurrences from the camera-hungry media.

Last edited:
She has stuff planed for JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST. I would hardly call meeting dignitries. Making speeches. Attending memorial services as a holiday. Let me remind you this couple are second in line to the throne not first. I just don't get all the hate this couple get they done nothing really to warrent such abuse.

Neither do I get all the hate that some here project towards her........one thing I do know is that *Jealousy* does not become anybody, and yes there are some here that are totally jealous of her and what she has. If anyone here wants to be a *Royal* then go for it, find some royal man/woman and seduce them and marry them, then your a royal...........not a big deal to me.

Meeting dignitries, making speeches, attending all types of engagements is what royals do.............IT'S THEIR WORK, so some just need to get over it. She loves William, she wanted him ****and nobody can force another to love you, it's a 2 way street*******, she got him, she married him, she had his child...............get over it people, (that is for those haters and jealous people).

Put yourself in her shoes, now what in the heck would you do? Sure you know all the answers just like I do............I don't know a darn thing about her private life with William and neither does anyone else!

For me Catherine is beautiful soul with a good heart. She has always been a class act and I don't even bat an eyelash at this. Something like this photo gives the people who don't like her anyway something to yaw about but that's it.

Ingrid Stewart today said that Bild published a photo of Prince Charles with full frontal nudity standing in the window of a French Château back in '94 and the monarchy has survived.

I detect with certain people that its somehow a bigger deal we see some of Kate's thigh or bare tummy because she's a woman. Plenty of Windsor men have been exposed including Prince Philip and our next King.

I think the main question is definitely why she keeps letting this happen. The first time was excusable but her skirts are blowing up over and over again even though it would be very easy to stop it happening. In this latest case where nothing of much substance is covering her bottom (if anything) there is no way I would not have had my dress weighted down knowing what I could end up flashing to the world. She certainly wasn't shy walking down that catwalk in St Andrew's years ago in her underwear or in sitting naked in France even though she would have to have been within eyesight of her security guards. I really don't think these incidents embarrass her at all even though I doubt she does it on purpose. If they did she could stop doing it, simple.

First of all she didn't need to be shy walking down the catwalk, she had on a pretty nightie with underwear underneath, I have seen so much more bare butts, bare breasts walking down Victoria Secrets catwalk, these people let it all hang out, she wasn't indecent during that. I thought the way she wore that outfit was pretty and cute and sexy, no big deal.
Second: she was on private property, and we don't know if the security guards where around there or not........nothing was mentioned of security guards....I would think that security guards won't be hanging around the royal couple every second of the day or night, they could be walking the grounds for all we know. AND MOST OF ALL, IT WAS PRIVATE PROPERTY and there is *no reason on this earth that she can't do that in her home/someone else's private property, that is an invasion of their private time and home/vacation. I don't need to know what they do in the bedroom, yet it seems the media and some of the people of the world want to be there right beside them in the bedroom for they have nothing else better to do with their time.

Don't people realize that the media is force feeding us stuff that is none of our business and we are idiots for falling for it! The media says we need this junk and pictures and all the crappy stuff that they send us.....DO WE?

Yep, he was wearing a kilt. Unfortunately when he sat down, he gave the world a peek. It may be the proper way to wear a kilt, but it's interesting that he didn't get any grief for flashing the royal jewels during an official engagement.

First off the photographers should stop taking such shots and anyone who buys such magazines should stop doing so which of course would make it pointless for the photographers to take them.

I think it's more or less expected that when men wear kilts correctly this is an inherent danger. I am sure if Phillip realized he was flashing he would of shifted his position.

The issue with Kate is different....if this is a real photo this is not the first time she's be caught out and apparently does nothing to try and correct the situation. That is where I fault her...in her lack of attention to the situation IF this is a real pic. It's not very becoming to a future queen to be caught multiple times like this.

LaRae

I agree with others - the photo looks photoshopped. Her hair wasn't moving, the dress doesn't appear to be bellowed, and there is no way she wouldn't have realised the dress was lifted. And Wlliam's jacket has been photoshopped too. I call fake

First off the photographers should stop taking such shots and anyone who buys such magazines should stop doing so which of course would make it pointless for the photographers to take them.

I think it's more or less expected that when men wear kilts correctly this is an inherent danger. I am sure if Phillip realized he was flashing he would of shifted his position.

The issue with Kate is different....if this is a real photo this is not the first time she's be caught out and apparently does nothing to try and correct the situation. That is where I fault her...in her lack of attention to the situation IF this is a real pic. It's not very becoming to a future queen to be caught multiple times like this.

LaRae

I agree with your first part. Photographers should definitely stop taking such photos and the media should stop publishing them.

I don't agree with the second part though. Many men go commando while wearing a kilt, but Prince Philip isn't just any man. People have repeatedly stated that Kate doesn't dress for her position, so I don't see why that doesn't extend to PP. He was on an engagement and should have worn something under his kilt. Or at least took better care because in many of the photos, he was sitting with his legs spread.

Yes, Kate has had this happen few times, but it's not like people were understanding the first time she had a wardrobe malfunction. She was raked over the coals for the Canadian airport incident. She even gets called out for going topless on a private estate, yet not much of a peep when PP flashes his bits during an official event.

That's not to say that I don't think Kate needs to rethink her wardrobe choices. It's clear that the media is not going to stop printing these type of photos, so she needs to take that into consideration when she goes to events. Wearing shorts or something under her skirts and dresses is her best option.

Last edited:
Nope, its still there. They pixelled out Kate's backside though. So funny how the british tabloids are afraid of repercussions from the palace and not print the stuff that is on the internet all over the world.
There is nothing about these photos that violate privacy law as Kate is flashing in a public place. How about getting a decent wardrobe instead of blaming the press for publishing such photos.

I agree. Kate now has the Duchess of York beat for wardrobe malfunctions and that is saying something. Other than the fact that there is some part of her that enjoys this sort of thing why does she keep allowing it to happen again and again? Is having one's hems weighted really that difficult:sad:?

:previous: I agree.

Then there is this:
Look, a giraffe!

One has to scream when one is that close to a helicopter and has earplugs on, but she does not look happy on the last shot.

They have taken NO steps to sue the magazine or photographer, I think the photograph is real and probably enhanced to show more.

Yep, he was wearing a kilt. Unfortunately when he sat down, he gave the world a peek. It may be the proper way to wear a kilt, but it's interesting that he didn't get any grief for flashing the royal jewels during an official engagement.

I don't think Kate should be ridiculed for not wearing underwear or for wearing a thong if that's what she was wearing. I don't think that this one incident is any worse than the one incident of Prince Philip accidentally flashing people when he failed to wear underwear while wearing a kilt. Nor is Prince Philip accidentally flashing people while on an official duty any better. Both are incidents that shouldn't have happened - not necessarily because the pair of them should have been wearing underwear at the time, but because they should have realized that they were wearing something that could expose them if they weren't careful. Neither Prince Philip nor Kate were careful, and as such there are pictures of them on the Internet that really shouldn't be on the Internet.

To a degree, these things happen. What sets Kate's incident apart from Prince Philip's is the greater circumstances. Prince Philip was wearing a traditional dress that he's worn for years, decades even, while in Scotland. He's had one incident wear he forgot to keep his knees together in 60 years. Kate's first incident was one where she wore a rather flimsy dress, no underwear, at an airport where she should have expected it to be windy. It was really, no worse of an incident than Prince Philip's, and at the time I don't think she deserved to be ridiculed for it. At the time it was one slip up.

That was 3 years ago. This is not the first slip up that Kate's had. This is far from the first slip up that she's had - it wasn't even the first wind related wardrobe malfunction that she had on that trip. If this happened just once, or even if it happened every once in awhile when Kate made a bad wardrobe choice or the wind got away from her it would be different. The problem is that Kate frequently makes bad wardrobe choices in this case. She's not dressing appropriately, and as such she's making a mockery of her position.

I don't believe the picture is photoshopped. Hopefully, this is the last time something like this happens. Full-bottomed undies and straight skirt when around helicopters or under gust wind conditions.

Last edited:
:previous: I agree.

Then there is this:
Look, a giraffe!

One has to scream when one is that close to a helicopter and has earplugs on, but she does not look happy on the last shot.

They have taken NO steps to sue the magazine or photographer, I think the photograph is real and probably enhanced to show more.

Assuming these shots were taken after the blue mountain skirt fly up (not to be confused w/ the red dress upon arrival in New Zealand fly up on this tour or the November blue skirt fly up at a charity event or the yellow dress fly up on the Canadian tour or the polka dot dress fly up at the wedding or the floral print dress fly up in Brisbane) then her trying to hold the front of her skirt as she does in the photos suggests that this is a legit shot - sort of like trying to close the barn door after the horse escaped, unfortunately.
This is the 6th time in 3 years that we've been exposed to Catherine's skirts flying up, apparently she doesn't care and sees nothing wrong w/ these now predictable displays or she doesn't care enough to dress to avoid them. It would be so simple to wear a form fitting slip so at least if the skirt flies there's nothing to see.

^Those photos were taken before her skirt flew up. There was a car waiting for them and it supposedly happened as they were walking to the car.

...I don't think that this one incident is any worse than the one incident of Prince Philip accidentally flashing people when he failed to wear underwear while wearing a kilt...
I don't think the circumstances are really that different. Both knew they were being photographed and weren't as mindful as they should have been with their clothing choices. But we can definitely agree that Kate shouldn't have been ridiculed for the incident.

I don't really have a problem with wind related mishaps. It happens. Many of the royal women have had multiple malfunctions. You can only control so much, so I cut them some slack. The only problem I see with Kate, is that she needs to wear something under her dresses. As long as she wears a slip or shorts, than I don't care about the wind blowing her dresses and flashing a bit of her legs or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its genuine, William's jacket is flying up too. Kate has been flashing her bits a few times now to the world, what's new.
The photographer is a hobby photographer, it took some time for her to go through the photos and to decide to go to the agencies. Of course the british ones won't publish because they are being gagged by CH (kind of: if they don't play the rules, the BRF will be angry). She will apparently donate the money she makes from the pictures to the bushfire victims.
I wonder how long the british tabloids will play by CH rules, as I dont see they get anything in return, certainly no exclusive photos of George.
Herzogin Kate : Nackt-Skandal! | BUNTE.de

Yeah, I agree with you. She also had the same issue with her red outfit when she arrived in NZ.

This image may have been enhanced to show more.
Kate Middleton’s Naked Bottom Exposed by German Tabloid Bild!
Actually we didn't see much in the photos of the arrival in NZ. Just very long legs and no visible knickerline. However, the difference between the amateur shot and the published shot is technology not photoshopping.

I cannot understand the necessity to make excuses for Catherine when she yet again has a the same wardrobe malfunction. Worse, they make wild accusations insisting that said buttocks do not belong to her. How on earth would they know? Are they all buttock experts?

I recently saw a "15 common wardrobe malfunctions" and Catherine's flying skirts featured more than once. Interestingly, HM also featured with one photo showing her beautiful fully gored skirt so high it was almost horizontal. The saving grace was that she was wearing a slip and it did not move. So, no royal knickers on show.

Whichever way you slice or dice this, photo's of her bare buttocks or high enough to be aware there is no panty line at the top of the leg, have become almost commonplace and I for one think that the first time you get a free pass but most normal people would have been so embarassed to see themselves like that in a newspaper they, or their families, would have insisted that steps be taken to ensure it didn't happen again.

Catherine seems indifferent to both the photos and taking precautions.

Excellent question...........WHY WAIT?
Duke of Marmalade covered that above. Also, with any amatuer shot I would imagine it takes time to validate it and then to find someone who was game to print. That it was a German magazine is no suprise.

Those equating this shot with those of her topless are merely trying to muddy the waters. The topless shots were at a private estate where they had a reasonable expectation of privacy. The butt shot was taken when they were officially "On Duty" and it doesn't get much more public than a Royal Tour.

I think they were taken before the skirt fly incident but to me it may look like they knew it was coming. She was holding the dress down and it could be that she was concerned about a potential fly up and he may have been grumpy about her choice or entirely something else. She does look downcast so something may have been "up".:whistling:

Kate Middleton's bum photo leaves AMANDA PLATELL running out of sympathy | Mail Online

First, let me say that it was wrong of the newspaper to publish the pictures. The British press had refused to print them, but the shots had gone to the highest worldwide bidder.

Yes, this is the reality dear british tabloids. You think it was wrong to print it, I am having a laugh as you have no problem printing embarrassing photos of everyone else, including foreign royals. This is too much hyprocracy to bear, and be sure there will always be a highest bidder worldwide around the corner and its a good thing to see you loosing out on a lot of money for being 'ethical' (or rather kissing CH's backside).

Another comment
http://www.bayoubuzz.com/top-storie...rters-outrages-are-royal-pains-in-naked-butts

I couldn't agree more:

So, while I feel for the Princess, her husband the family, the institution and most of all, George and his future siblings, I say "Bravo" to the European media and others for not feeling threatened by the Royal family.
It is time the British Royal family start to grow up. It also high time for Kate Middleton to act her age and her rank.

Last edited:
How stupid can you be! Not wearing any underwear because I don't see a thong either. Why do you do this? and people who say it is photo shopped. Please stop being so innocent. She has had this 'accidents' before. Again why expose yourself like she does.

Sorry everyone who wants to believe it was photoshopped - it was taken by a local lady from the Blue Mts.

It was published in today's Sydney newspaper.

I can't post links from my tablet - but Annette Sharp is the journalist and the newspaper is "The Daily Telegraph" if you want to see the article, now online.

Im more interested in her new engagements - I think everything that could be said about this has been said at least 3 times - surely its time to move on?

Wouldn't most normal people if they happen to get of a photo of someone in an embarrassing position just delete it instead of offering it to the highest bidder?

Interesting, the DailyMail article says it happened on the way to the helicopter. If that is so, I strongly suspect the interaction they had (and was photographed) by the helicopter must have been about her dress.

Wouldn't most normal people if they happen to get of a photo of someone in an embarrassing position just delete it instead of offering it to the highest bidder?

And when are there normal decent people in this world? When the person that took the photo and then developed it, all she saw was the big HUGE GREEN DOLLAR sign and that's it. And even it she did donate the money then why in the heck sell the picture to begin with.......to donate the money was her first thought.........not on your life would I bet on that. After all this is the human race and we are run by greed, well some of us are and then some of us are just plain decent people that would ripe that picture up and say a job well done....not this lady!
Disgusted with the whole dam thing!

What Kay Burley tells Kate Middleton after bare bottom picture was printed | Mail Online

As the photo shows a bare bottom, then presumably, she is wearing a throng, which only covers the front part?
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, would be a great friend for Kate, with her superb dress style.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A source said the household would ask publications to use their discretion when it came to using the pictures.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/now-kate-middleton-bare-bottom-3615930

Last edited:
Im more interested in her new engagements - I think everything that could be said about this has been said at least 3 times - surely its time to move on?

Yes indeed it's time to move on.

Back
Top Bottom