The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
... It may be legally fine what these paparazzi have done, but it´s certainly nothing a morally normal functioning person would or should do!.
Do you know what papparazi do?
If what photographers take pictures of and where is legally fine then that's good enough for them. Morality has squat to do with it.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

This is about money, and there are far, far worse occasions in this world where money triumphs over morality than taking pictures of the Cambridge family in a park. Why would Australian media not print it? They don't answer to KP. And besides, if they don't print, American or European outlets will print and make money. I wish KP would go back to the Elizabethian motto 'never complain, never explain'.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:03 AM
Serene Highness

The attempts to justify this intrusion as justified because the photographers are just trying to make money are off point and almost ridiculous. Few people would want to see the paparazzi put in jail and we all know why they are doing it. Many things are legal and some even make money but that doesn't make it right.

The issue is whether they should do it. Catherine and William are not reality show actors. They haven't opened their personal life to the world the way William's mother and, to a lesser extent, father did. They are human beings, which means they have rights, including the right not to be hounded by photographers when they want privacy.

I guess it is useless to argue with people who believe that they have a right to see photographs and video of private time because their right to be entertained is more important than William and Catherine's right to privacy. People like that are arrogant and selfish.

I refuse to click on the links to these pictures or any video. I don't care how cute it is, it is not right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
...the british subjects could only see George when leaving the hospital and on two single shots the Cambridges gave away...
I concede this point. I think Catherine and William should take George to a few more public events in Britain--to a zoo or a public play opportunities more often. It isn't fair to the British media or the British public that the first extended look at George is in Australia. Australia is part of the Commonwealth, but the British public pay for most of the security of the royal family.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:40 AM
Courtier

I, too, would like to see this. They only have to look at what CP Victoria and P Daniel are doing with Estelle in Sweden. Although I have to admit I don't see George standing still at an event just after his second birthday like Estelle did. They are very different children - thank goodness!
Old 04-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I seem to recall that there were several photo opportunities when William was toddling -( I recall press being invited to the grounds of Kensington Palace for one), perhaps this might be the case with George now he is that little older.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
I, too, would like to see this. They only have to look at what CP Victoria and P Daniel are doing with Estelle in Sweden. Although I have to admit I don't see George standing still at an event just after his second birthday like Estelle did. They are very different children - thank goodness!
IMHO we will see the Cambridges following a predictable pattern of photos released for birthdays, milestones like a first day of school and eventually participating in Christmas/Easter services. I believe that they're releasing photos in the same way the Charles and Diana did. Few photos during their infant years, but more when they were toddlers/pre-schoolers. With the exception of Daniel and CP Victoria, most royal families do the same.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

'Quite breathtaking' William and Kate enjoy sunset trip to Ayers Rock-
William and Kate go on a royal walkabout in the Australian outback | Royal | News | Daily Express

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 4h
Kate said George has grown an extra fat roll since they've been on tour, she told one student

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

It is not like the British media and public didn't see the pictures of George taken on this tour. For the first 5 months or so, he isn't really doing much other sleeping, crying, and filling up diapers. I rather see pictures of him now with his personality showing than when he was little and looked more like Churchill than W&K.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Videos:
William and Kate Battle Heat And Flies At Uluru
William and Kate Battle Heat And Flies At Uluru

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Ayers Rock-
BBC News - Royal visit: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Ayers Rock

Pictures:
Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge visited Uluru,Ayers Rock-
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHÄ°ON: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Tour Australia and New Zealand - Day 16

Following in Charles and Diana's footsteps, Wills and Kate visit Uluru as sun sets on one of most stunning sites on earth-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ter-today.html

I find it very touching that William & Catherine are pictured in the same place Charles & Diana was pictured many years ago. I know Charles must be smiling back at home when watching this coverage.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge watched some traditional Aboriginal dancing and painting before taking a short walk around Uluru itself-

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-22-2014, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Love William with the kids.
The pictures in front of Ularu - magical, sacred, stunning.
Love the Duke and Duchess with kids.
Like others have said, William was quite a hunk today. Sorry Catherine!
Old 04-22-2014, 03:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

A great article on the Cambridge's doing things their way and I totally agree, the young royals should be more present in New Zealand and Australia.

Royal tour commentary: this royal renaissance has nothing to do with PR spin:
Royal tour commentary: this royal renaissance has nothing to do with PR spin - UK - News - London Evening Standard

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-22-2014, 03:04 PM
Aristocracy

I've read this and I agree as well. There has been talk of William spending time with the Commonwealth and Foreign Office. Perhaps spending time in some of the Commonwealth countries should be included, working along side the GGs for example.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
It is not like the British media and public didn't see the pictures of George taken on this tour. For the first 5 months or so, he isn't really doing much other sleeping, crying, and filling up diapers. I rather see pictures of him now with his personality showing than when he was little and looked more like Churchill than W&K.
George's personality didn't suddenly develop in the last 10 days. You make a good point that the British public sees the videos from this tour, but I still understand why they may be a bit frustrated that they only see extended shots of George when he is overseas. After all, there was only one still photograph released a few weeks ago.

I don't think weekly or monthly appearances are appropriate at this stage, but I used to take my children to museums when they were about 6 months old. Actually, that would be consistent with Catherine's interest in art and demonstrate that you can expose children to art and culture at an early age.

If William and Catherine are okay with public appearances when George is overseas, it seems as though they could occasionally arrange them while they are in Britain, rather than just releasing a photograph or two. Maybe every two or three months?
Old 04-22-2014, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Palace officials acknowledged the media were entitled to publish the footage and photographs.
An aide said: “We were just anxious that it didn’t turn into a circus. We would rather the pictures weren’t taken but it was no more than a gentle request.”

Usually a deal is a give and take. KP asks the british media not to publish 'private' outings of the Cambridges and they comply. Yet, they havent gotten anything in return as yet what is regular access to Prince George. I am not speaking about overexposure but reguar outings, not only to please the press but to get George used to what will be part of his future life.
I find this attitude very patronising enough, in addition the first full access to George happens on a tour abroad.
Row over photos published of Kate and William on a 'rest day' during Australia tour | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 04-22-2014, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

Fashions Change

It was interesting to see and compare the pictures of Charles and Diana, and William and Catherine, standing in the same spot 31 years apart. I was struck with the clothing differences- Diana's dress looked like that of a nurse from the Crimean War, and Charles looked like a cruise ship steward! But they were young and beautiful, nonetheless. Hope I'm around to see George and his wife in the same spot in 30 years.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Courtier

We will see George a lot more than Australia and New Zealand. Will be a few years before they see him again.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:01 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you all for the lovely links and video of Uluru.

I have walked part the way around the base myself at this time of year and it is beautiful. Flies aplenty though!

The couple are doing a wonderful job and the tour has been a success in my opinion.

I just hope that this thread doesn't turn into "us and them" with regards to photos of George. We are very grateful for the public looks at George that we have had - please don't spoil it by saying that "you won't get to see him for a while but we will" type of commentary.

I hope we can all enjoy the remaining days. Looking forward to the dinner tomorrow night.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:01 PM
Courtier

Front page of today's Sydney newspaper taken up by the Duke and Duchess in front of Uluru - with a photo of Prince Charles and Diana in the same spot thirty one years ago.

Very dramatic full page photo inside, of W and C walking the track - showing the size of the Rock compared to people.

TV this morning said, fifty thousand people are expected to be in Elizabeth to see the Royals. A lot of English people live there, according to reporters - so a big turn-out is expected.

This will be the fifth visit by Royalty - the Queen having been twice herself.

''45! I would be melting.'' - said the Duke yesterday, in reply to someone in the crowd, when talking about how hot Uluru gets in summer.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 1h
#RoyalVisitAus Today, William & Kate head to Adelaide (expected to land 10:50am local time) to visit Elizabeth (town named after the Queen)

Focusing on youth, the royals will visit the youth facility Northern Sound System & Playford Civic Centre, & do a walkabout. #RoyalVisitAus

William & Kate will attend a civic reception with young people before flying back to Canberra to reunite with Prince George #RoyalVisitAus

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2h
In Elizabeth, an Adelaide suburb named after his great grandma, Will and Kate will name a planned office block Prince George Plaza today.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
Local media say up to 50,000 people will greet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Elizabeth, though officials privately expect fewer.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rosie View Post
I just hope that this thread doesn't turn into "us and them" with regards to photos of George...
Personally I think we should all take the "relaxed" stance that Will and Kate did on this issue and file it under Ancient Cambridge History 101. If they can take it in stride, so can we.

I am totally loving this tour especially with the feedback we're getting from our members down under.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon