Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of New Zealand - April 7-16, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Japan Is Also Interested...

That is a big number considering how far away NZ and Australia are from Europe and North America.

Japan is also interested Skippyboo - there are apparently media from there, to report back to their nation.

I've just seen another article referencing the 1983 Charles and Diana Tour, and it says no-one was expecting what happened then.

Police control had to be stepped up as the Tour progressed as an "element of hysteria" entered crowds.

Hundreds fainted and there were crowd surges!

Not sure if I should venture out when W and C are here. :lol:

Best Wishes, Sun Lion.

Oz TV Reports May End Up On Internet.

Sunlion - you are our FAVORITE reporter! :ausflag::nzflag::ausflag: They do make the handsomest flags "up-over" ;)

Hi AdmirerUS - I wouldn't be suprised if the Australian TV reports end up on the internet.

Channel 9 is ninmsn and Channel 7 is Yahoo! 7

I've seen SBS TV have quite a few reports - written, not video - on the SBS website.

I'm expecting we'll have the New Zealand arrival footage broadcast by our 11.00am news shows - as Oz is behind NZ time, so that should have happened by then.

And if anyone films them changing planes in the morning here in Australia, we'll be seeing that on the early news.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Last edited:
Suites in colours of native birds and crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling: Inside New Zealand's Government House - the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's first stop on the royal tour-
Inside New Zealand's Government House - the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's first stop on the royal tour | Mail Online

Pictures:
TORY & KO Jewellers are honoured to announce Her Royal Highness The Duchess Of Cambridge has selected 4 pieces of TORY & KO. jewellery for her Royal Tour of New Zealand in April 2014.
• “Pretty Collection” Blue Topaz, Gold & Silver Bow Earrings
• “Bespoke Collection” Cultured Pearl and Diamond Necklace in 18ct White Gold
• “Bespoke Collection” Cultured Pearl and Diamond Earrings in 18ct White Gold
• “Pretty Collection” Citrine, Gold and Silver Bow Earrings
http://stunningkate.tumblr.com/post/81866171748/tory-ko-jewellers-are-honoured-to-announce-her

Last edited:
Question for the Aussie & Kiwi posters, do you have local tv stations like in America where you get news and weather for the city that you are nearest to and then there are the national news broadcast for the whole country from the networks or is like the UK where it's just the national networks ?

Question for the Aussie & Kiwi posters, do you have local tv stations like in America where you get news and weather for the city that you are nearest to and then there are the national news broadcast for the whole country from the networks or is like the UK where it's just the national networks ?

I can't speak for Australia, Skippyboo, but we do have regional broadcasters in the UK who give us local news and weather. There's STV in Scotland, UTV in NI etc as well as regional BBC news.

Dman, thank you for the info on the jewellery Kate has picked for NZ. I'm enjoying browsing Tory&Ko's website as we speak.

The reason I was wondering about the news in Australia and NZ is that if they had local news on a city basis, then it would make sense that the news in Perth for example wouldn't have as much coverage as the news in Sydney since they aren't going to Perth but are to Sydney.

We do have local news in each state and so I agree with you that is why there is less coverage in some Australian areas compared to Sydney. I haven't seen a lot in Brisbane as I don't watch morning tv and we have had a couple of very big local stories this week dominating the news. I expect to get a bit more now they are in New Zealand and to get a lot more coverage once they get to Australia.

@ Sun Lion- can you tell me how many hours ahead Aussie and NZ are from Rapid River Michigan?
If I understand correctly if I want to see an event on the 12th there- I want to get on the eve of the 11th here, and so on?
How does one add a clock to the world clock on IPad - can you add 2?
Does one get charged? Does one have to be hooked to the net?

@ Sun Lion- can you tell me how many hours ahead Aussie and NZ are from Rapid River Michigan?
If I understand correctly if I want to see an event on the 12th there- I want to get on the eve of the 11th here, and so on?
Time Zone Converter – Time Difference Calculator

@

Go to your clock, click on the "World Clock." At the top right corner there's a "+" which you need to click on. A list of cities will appear; just select the ones you want to add to your clock and it'll add it.

There is no charge, and it doesn't require the Internet.

I don't think this article has been posted before, although if it has, then apologies for the repost.

Two unknown New Zealand jewellery designers are set to be thrust onto the international stage after Kate picked four of their designs to wear on tour.
Tory & Ko, run by young mothers Victoria Taylor and Kirstin O’Brien, have been asked to supply three pairs of earrings and a necklace.
They were recommended by Miss Taylor’s sister, New York based fashion designer Rebecca Taylor, who has previously dressed the Duchess. Apparently Kensington Palace ‘liked what they saw’.

Duchess of Cambridge adds Kiwi designers to wardrobe for royal tour Down Under | Mail Online

It appears that Catherine is going to have a rather large wardrobe for the New Zealand/Australia tour. I'm looking forward into seeing her outfits.

@RE_DailyMail: Currently William, Kate & George are in their First Class cabin on a Quantas flight to Sydney where they will be met by a NZ Air Force jet

Dash ‏@DashRoyal 5m
Prince William, Kate & George should be touching down in Sydney within the next 30 minutes #RoyalTour

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Trip to NZ and Australia, April 7-25 2014

@RoyalCentral: The Cambridge's have landed in Sydney. They will take a RAFNZ flight for the 3 hour trip to Wellington.
#RoyalVisitNZ

@RegalEyes: William, Kate & George will be greeted to New Zealand by Prime Minister John & Bronagh Key who they last met during a holiday at Balmoral.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 3m
William, Kate & George will be greeted to New Zealand by Prime Minister John & Bronagh Key who they last met during a holiday at Balmoral.

pic.twitter.com/c1eH8AsFjj
This is the first class suit of the Qantas flight

Ok so I added a Wellinton clock - how do I add another for Sydney?

Rinse and repeat. You can add as many as you want.

Thanks. I figured it out. I love it when I figure out technology.:D
You know you're an official Duke and Duchess of Cambridge fanatic when you set all your clocks on the world clock app on your iPad to Australia/New Zealand time.:lol:

Last edited:
Just watched the transfer from the Qantas flight to the RNZAF one and agree with the Channel 7 guys who were disappointed that William and Kate couldn't be bothered to turn around and wave to the very small crowd of people waiting to see them - not even a wave. If that is the way they are going to carry on they won't win any friends and given there was at least one small child there - possibly have already lost a few supporters.

Loved Kochie attitude at the beginning of Sunrise - showed how disinterested he is in the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom