The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Nobility

First Photos of Duchess In Front Of Sydney Opera House - So Now I Can Relax.

Hi All,

I've just been up the shops and seen the first pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge in front of the Sydney Opera House.

Well now I can relax about the upcoming Royal Tour - this is the iconic Aussie shot and I've seen it.

And very nice it is too.

The editor/s have Catherine in an outfit that goes very well with the famous building - and all with a glorious sunshine blue Australian sky.

(Which might be better than the actual weather by the time they are here in the middle of Autumn.)

Good on you "Hello" to trump all the other magazines with this.

(Prince William and Prince George also get the Opera House treatment on the inside pages.)

I think this upcoming Royal Visit must be a godsend for the magazine and media industry.

Still some time off, and yet such coverage where-ever I turn.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Nobility

Little Prince George to Meet George The Crocodile!

Today's Northern Territory newspaper's front page - shown on several TV channels here in Sydney this morning - is about little Prince George being set to meet George the crocodile when he visits NT on the Royal Tour.

Hope PG is not caught napping during these official occasions, with George the Bilby at Taronga and now George the croc up north .

Sun Lion.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Nobility

We Are So Getting Into This Royal Visit In Oz...

...The Duchess of Cambrige also made the papers today - this time Sydney's.

Most of the Fashion Confidential page is given over to a discussion of Catherine's hair, under the heading "Tizz over Kate's frizz for tour Down Under"

Three of Sydney's higher-end hair stylists have each got to give their opinion about how Catherine can avoid the "frizzy hair" she succumbed to when in Borneo, Malaysia and Queensland in 2011.

The report says "speculation she is planning a hair makeover is starting to build".

(Is it? I didn't know. )

Two photos of Catherine, one with smooth hair - "tended to by royal-standard mane-tamers" - and frizzy hair - which I personally think looks very nice.

I told you it's getting so we can't turn around here without Royal Tour info everywhere, despite weeks yet to go.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

And P.S. That Queensland humidity must be bad - put in with Borneo and Malaysia, but she only changed planes there, so look out for the Brisbane and NT legs of the Tour when C will actually be outdoors in it all.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
If PG is going to be caught napping, I hope it's by George the Bilby and not George the croc.

You made me laugh Roslyn - and GracieGiraffe the other day about Catherine keeping her head on her shoulders.

Cheers, Sun Lion.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Majesty

In her Diamond Jubilee Year Her Majesty the Queen granted an exclusive portrait sitting to New Zealand artist Nick Cuthell, to fulfil a commission for the New Zealand Portrait Gallery.

The portrait, to be unveiled at Government House on April 10 by Prince William the Duke of Cambridge, will become part of the New Zealand Portrait Gallery’s permanent collection in Shed 11 on Wellington Waterfront-
Wellington.scoop.co.nz » Royal portrait by Nick Cuthell to be unveiled by Prince William

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 03-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Nobility

And Still It Comes...

...I just turned a few more pages of today's Sydney paper and was met by a full-page article - with large photo of William, Catherine and George - titled "Royal tour rewind"

Too much for me to read properly, but it seems to be comparing the 1983 Baby William Royal visit with what will be the 2014 Baby George Tour.

Apparently the British press were "driven mad" by what seemed, to them, to be the huge distances involved in trying to follow Diana, (she went seven times in a month), and Charles, (he went less), when they visited their baby Prince stationed away from prying eyes at "Woomargama", beyond Albury.

(Another no-fly zone was declared, as the British press hired aircraft hoping to catch baby William lying by the pool!)

Upshot of the report is that in 1983 there were "blazing fights" every day about Diana upstaging Charles, but that Willaim has grown up with the idea that crowds love "a glamorous, young royal female".

Sun Lion.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Nobility

And Yet More...

... Same newspaper, another regular columnist writing about the Duke and Duchess and their upcoming visit, underneath a large photo of Ayers Rock/Uluru.

So much media attention, so far out from actually being here - it must be going to be the biggest thing for Australia for this and several years to come, the way things are shaping up.

Sun Lion.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Sun Lion- what's the source for George visiting his namesake crocodile? I ask because everything that I have read about the tour is that George is staying put in Wellington, Sydney and Canberra while his parents travel back and forth except for a night in the South Island and a night in Uluru (ayers rock).
Old 03-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Nobility

George The Crocodile Has Own Facebook Page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Sun Lion- what's the source for George visiting his namesake crocodile? I ask because everything that I have read about the tour is that George is staying put in Wellington, Sydney and Canberra while his parents travel back and forth except for a night in the South Island and a night in Uluru (ayers rock).

Hi Skippyboo,

Several of the TV Channels broadcast the front page of the main newspapers of each state each morning, and today's front page of the NT newspaper was mostly a picture of a little suitcase, filled with various things including a crown-wearing crocodile.

Was shown on various channels, and the commentators said little Prince George was to "meet" George the croc, but I've just found the paper on the internet, and no such claim is made in the actual article.

(George the Crocodile - "called the Royal crocodile" - has his own face-book page, and he has already met London's Lord Mayor Boris Johnson.)

The newspaper is called "NT News", and the front page headline is "By George, Can't Wait To See You".

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. I'm a bit disappointed little PG won't be involved, but maybe George the crocodile will have some photos with the Duke and Duchess posted on his facebook.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Maybe they can loan George the crocodile to the zoo in Sydney for the day :)
Old 03-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
New Zealand's Maori king snubs Prince William
Wort.lu - New Zealand's Maori king snubs Prince William
Old 03-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Nobility

First Anti W & C Royal Visit Letter To The Editor Published.

The first anti Duke and Duchess of Cambridge letter to the editor was published in today's newspaper.

Refers to the "British" Royal Family, and headed as "Forelock-tuggers are snubbed by young royals" - because W and C have turned down attending the races at Randwick, and are overlooking Bondi for Manly.

As mentioned in a previous post, the Republican Movement here in Australia has announced it is starting a renewed campaign to coincide with the upcoming Royal visit.

Though I don't see Oz resorting to the quick-drying cement down the public toilets and acrid, sulphur smells used at the ballet attended by Prince William's parents in New Zealand back in the 80s.

Wasn't there also "mooning" and paint thrown at the vehicles - it won't come to that here I think.

Sun Lion.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Majesty

Warming up at New Zealand House in London for the Cambridges' tour down under. pic.twitter.com/IaE7Lw6ZxY
@ChrisJack_Getty: Incredible #Maori performance at the #NewZealand High Commission tonight #RoyalTourNZ pic.twitter.com/nXNj9qCi30” can't wait!
Stamps and coins being released in #NewZealand in celebration of the #RoyalTourNZ pic.twitter.com/7SdJFRGjfv

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 03-25-2014, 04:29 AM
Nobility

Young Skaters W & C To Visit Were On TV.

"A Current Affair" has just had a short clip of some of the young skaters the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be seeing when they visit Adelaide's "poor cousin" - Elizabeth in South Australia.

Acting as role models, they visit schools to promote safe skating and healthy living - "eat fruit" and "don't drink engery drinks guys" .

They're hoping George goes along with W and C - and that he won't be napping.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. Actually, I wonder if the good relationship Prince Charles developed with the South Australian Premier when he and the Duchess of Cornwall visited, influenced W & C on their going to SA.

Prince Charles was reported last year as planning to open an office of his building charity in South Australia - the first office outside of the UK.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:37 AM
Courtier

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

I imagine it had to be hard to decide where they were going to visit in each country. You have William who has been to both several times and Kate who hasn't been there before. Plus you add George to the equation. You don't want to go to the places that C&C visited in 2012 and the Queen in 2011. Both governments are going to have influence on the itinerary. Some places are obvious like Christchurch and where the huge fires were in Australia. The others not so and of course the places left off with complain.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Nobility

Have The Republicans Just Had The Rug Pulled Out From Under Them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
The first anti Duke and Duchess of Cambridge letter to the editor was published in today's newspaper.

Refers to the "British" Royal Family, and headed as "Forelock-tuggers are snubbed by young royals" - because W and C have turned down attending the races at Randwick, and are overlooking Bondi for Manly.

As mentioned in a previous post, the Republican Movement here in Australia has announced it is starting a renewed campaign to coincide with the upcoming Royal visit.

Though I don't see Oz resorting to the quick-drying cement down the public toilets and acrid, sulphur smells used at the ballet attended by Prince William's parents in New Zealand back in the 80s.

Wasn't there also "mooning" and paint thrown at the vehicles - it won't come to that here I think.

Sun Lion.

Have Australia's Republicans just had the rug pulled out from under them - Yes.

Is the upcoming Royal Tour by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge political - No.

Has the outgoing Governor-General of Australia, Quentin Bryce - with the approval of Her Majesty The Queen - just been made a Dame - Yes.

Does the Leader of the Opposition in Australia's Federal Parliament, Bill Shorten, agree with the re-introduction of Knights and Dames - announced overnight - in Australia's public life - No.

Is Dame Quentin Bryce, Mr Bill Shorten's Mother-in-Law - Yes.

Is the upcoming Royal Tour by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge political - No.

I love Oz.

Cheers Dears, Sun Lion.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Is Dame Quentin Bryce, Mr Bill Shorten's Mother-in-Law - Yes.
That one is really a hoot!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:03 PM
Nobility

If You Thought Prince George Looked A Bit Old-Fashioned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2h
Prince George gets his first magazine cover! Australia's @WomensWeeklyMag's April issue gears up for the royal tour pic.twitter.com/dCbwsw2Ewh

If you thought Prince George looked a bit old-fashioned on his "Australian Women's Weekly" cover posted yesterday by Dman, there is an explanation in today's newspaper.

The powers that be at the magazine deliberately went for a retro look, as it was a "creative nod" to little Prince George's father's first AWW magazine cover photo from just over thirty-two years ago.

It was done as a "bit of a tribute" - and that point is emphasised by having the two cover shots side by side within the issue.

Other interesting points made in today's report are the change in price from William's original magazine costing 70c - George's will set you back $6.95 - and crochet is not the selling point it once was.

Cheers All, Sun Lion.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:16 AM
Courtier

Tour Info from the New Zealand Government

https://gg.govt.nz/content/royal-visit-2014-0

Times are local time. Convert to your time zone.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalDaisy View Post
As HMQ is now off to Windsor for a month, I was wondering if this was a final briefing from her on the trip and for Catherine to pick up all those lovely jewels
Other than the fact, those jewels probably aren't at BP, it's just over a week until they leave those jewels (if she takes any, because nothing big is actually planned) will probably go from their current location straight to the airport.

Tags
australia, cambridge, catherine, new zealand, william