The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

Does hokey pokey ice cream involve sticking various body parts in and out while turning oneself around while eating it?

I imagine that the while William and Kate are meeting people on a walkabout it's hard for Rebecca and Miguel to keep them somewhat on schedule since people are so much more chatty with them than they would be with the Queen for example.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Kate's certainly been doing quite well for herself on this tour; her personality has really been coming through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Agreed. You can see that she feels much more at ease, and she seems to be very warm with the crowds and everyone turning up to meet her. She's doing a wonderful job so far.
I'm in agreement with the both of you. In my opinion, Catherine has never lacked in 'people' skills, but there's something different about her interactions on this tour. Her confidence has no doubt risen in the past (most) three years, and it shows. It's a pleasure to watch her interactions.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
What is the point of this tour again? To me it seems like another of their holidays with activities like whine tasting, rugby coaching, sailing etc etc. Is this qualified as 'work' or 'representing a country'?

And I dont get the talk about the big issue that the Cambridges are spending the night without George. They had no trouble to leave him behind when jetting to the Maldives.

To me its pure PR without substance, even more so that the British subjects have yet to see George in person (apart from him leaving the hospital after birth), they only get pictures from time to time because the kid's privacy is to be protected, yet W&K have no problems showing him around a couple of times during this prolonged vacation aka as official visit.

Not too sure about the people they meeting in NZ but honestly speaking from my personal experience when William and Catherine visited Singapore in 2012, ordinary Singaporeans did not really get to see them very up close, let alone speak to them. I took 2 days off work to follow them around, only to realise that priority were given to British citizens staying in Singapore. At most venues, right in the front of the barricades were British citizens (waving their union jack), the British council and children from the international school.

If you go back to look at their tour pictures in Singapore, except for staff of the places they visited, you can always see them chatting only with Caucasians, not the other native Singaporeans - Chinese, Malays or Indians.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:28 PM
Serene Highness

I think the more fair comparison of this tour to the 2 previous one is Canada. In Singapore, Malaysia and USA, the Cambridges were acting as representatives of Great Britain. In NZ like in Canada, they are acting as representatives of the Queen of the country they visiting. Both the governments of NZ and Australia had input into the itinerary. Rugby, sailing and wine are a big deal in NZ.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Does hokey pokey ice cream involve sticking various body parts in and out while turning oneself around while eating it?

I imagine that the while William and Kate are meeting people on a walkabout it's hard for Rebecca and Miguel to keep them somewhat on schedule since people are so much more chatty with them than they would be with the Queen for example.
Hokey Pokey ice cream is plain vanilla ice cream with bits of honeycomb pieces in. It's lovely homemade.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Serene Highness

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Trip to NZ and Australia, April 7-25 2014

Thanks for the info. Hokey Pokey is in the US is a dance that you would do with little kids.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:33 PM
Courtier

The Duchess has done am amazing job, I'm sure it won't be long before she is given one of these by the Queen. Well deserved too!

http://www.royal.gov.uk/MonarchUK/Ho...ilyOrders.aspx
Old 04-14-2014, 02:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Hokey Pokey is in the US is a dance that you would do with little kids.
It's not just little kids that do it over here
Old 04-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Mark Stewart
@RegalEyes
Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are waking up to a spectacular sunrise in Queenstown ahead of their day in Christchurch.
https://twitter.com/RegalEyes/status...515392/photo/1
The colors are absolutely stunning!!
The purple and orange hues indicate the beauty of nature.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
The Duchess has done am amazing job, I'm sure it won't be long before she is given one of these by the Queen. Well deserved too!

http://www.royal.gov.uk/MonarchUK/Ho...ilyOrders.aspx
I agree, angieuk. I think The Queen will be giving (if not already) Catherine the Royal Family Order. Catherine has grown a lot in her royal life. You can tell that she not only enjoy her official engagements and meeting the people but she also enjoy supporting William. You can really see they're love and bond on this tour and the joy and happiness George has brought them.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 29m
While the royal party are remaining in Wellington for the next 36 hours, the press pack are flying ahead to Sydney this morning....

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Also with adults at wedding receptions! It's always fun to shimmy to this dance.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:35 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
You can watch Rebecca break up a chat going a bit long (in a very diplomatic way).
Rebecca strikes me as a gracious young lady who is probably the epitome of discretion. If you notice in the video clip, after she takes the flowers and gifts from Kate, she hands them to two small girls following behind. It must be a thrill for these little girls to be assisting the duchess. I wonder how they get chosen to help.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would love to do the hokey pokey and eat hokey pokey ice cream too. That's what it's all about!
Old 04-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Today, we are all over Kate and how she has grown into her role. I want to also point out Wills and how he has demanded Kate be nurtured and brought along. I may loathe his multiple blue suits, but I adore how he has claimed time, patience and opportunities for her to work and build skills. He has asked she work with himself and other royals and learn the ropes from the experience. Even if he was born to the role, he is very good at it. There are royals who do not work the walk lines. It is not an easy thing to do. You are presented with people who think you can fix things. That's just not reality.
I give them both for how they have done in NZ.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Aristocracy

I agree wholeheartedly
Old 04-14-2014, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I would love to do the hokey pokey and eat hokey pokey ice cream too. That's what it's all about!
It's scary that I remember all the lyrics. Too many weddings!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Also with adults at wedding receptions! It's always fun to shimmy to this dance.
I cant believe any one hasn't mentioned roller skating rinks? or did I just date myself?
Old 04-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Aristocracy

Hokey pokey might = ice cream cone but as far as this older person is concerned the dance is called the Hokey Cokey. IT even has its own Wiki page.

Hokey cokey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Nobility

I've Missed The Last Three Days Of The Royal Tour...

...I tripped in my home early Sunday morning and smashed up the bones in my arm.

I'm still in hospital, so have missed all the TV reports and papers.

Thank you for all the links and photos posted here, that I'll catch up with as I get back on my feet.

It's now Tuesday afternoon here and I've had a chance to see today's Sydney newspaper.

Four large photos of the Duchess and three smaller photos of the Duke - from the cricket.

They look like they had a good time.

C's photos are of her wagging her finger at W, and pulling a face. Did she miss the ball - she looks a bit sheepish.

Prince William is quoted in the report quite a bit, and always refers to the Duchess as "Catherine" when speaking.

If I'm discharged later today, I'll get a chance to see the Royal party arrive in OZ on TV tomorrow - quite a different country to lovely New Zealand.

Best Wishes All, Sun Lion.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:59 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
...I tripped in my home early Sunday morning and smashed up the bones in my arm.

I'm still in hospital, so have missed all the TV reports and papers.

Thank you for all the links and photos posted here, that I'll catch up with as I get back on my feet,

It's now Tuesday afternoon here and I've had a chance to see today's Sydney newspaper.

Four large photos of the Duchess and three smaller photos of the Duke - from the cricket.

They look like they had a good time.

C's photos are of her wagging her finger at W, and pulling a face. Did she miss the ball - she looks a bit sheepish.

Prince William is quoted in the report quite a bit, and always refers to the Duchess as "Catherine" when speaking.

If I'm discharged later today, I'll get a chance to see the Royal party arrive in OZ on TV tomorrow - quite a different country to lovely New Zealand.

Best Wishes All, Sun Lion.
Oh poor you Sun Lion..hope you will feel better soon. I always loves reading all your comments

Sent from my SHV-E210K using The Royals Community mobile app

Tags
australia, cambridge, catherine, new zealand, william