The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Majesty

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Trip to NZ and Australia, April 7-25 2014

And my heart has melted for a hundredth time! Kate hugging that little girl was absolutely precious, and in the picture with her rugby team, it's hard to tell who is having more fun, her or the kids. This tour is a joy to follow. This couple is making so many people smile.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
And my heart has melted for a hundredth time! Kate hugging that little girl,was absolutely precious, and in the picture with her rugby team, it's hard to tell who is having more fun, her or the kids. This tour is a joy to follow. This couple is making so many people smile.
My very thoughts!!! Children are so perceptive...the little girl at Rainbow Place said that Catherine had "smiley eyes"...so sweet!

Old 04-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Majesty

Reuters Live Stream ‏@ReutersStream 13m
*LIVE* 0330-0400GMT APPROX NEW ZEALAND-ROYALS/JET BOAT http://bit.ly/1goNdjN - VIEW Watch Reuters Live Online live at Livestation.com

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-12-2014, 10:13 PM
Royal Highness

Dman Thank you for Pictures - Day 6.
I especially like the photograph of Catherine and William looking tenderly at each other.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Majesty

Pictures From Today:
The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Tour Australia And New Zealand-
Search - Getty Images : NZL: The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Tour Australia And New Zealand - Day 7

What's in a word? Baby speculation may be misplaced-
Lady who knitted shawl for Prince George says William actually said "you may need to make another one sometime", not "soon" #royalvisitnz
— Ruth Wynn-Williams (@ruthtvnz) April 13, 2014

The Duke and Duchess have just landed in Queenstown! #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/rfDvrYhz8n
William & Kate are in beautiful Queenstown for some wine-tasting & a ride on the Shotover Jet #RoyalVisitNZ
The Royal Couple have just arrived at @Amisfield in beautiful (sunny!) Queenstown #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/UhsC7yHRXc

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-12-2014, 11:10 PM
Aristocracy

Picture of wine-tasting

Just look at that view!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlEgTRvCAAAGuQX.jpg

even better

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlEgiuHIcAACaFz.jpg:large
Old 04-12-2014, 11:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice how do I sign up for this job lol
Old 04-13-2014, 12:36 AM
Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2m
They seemed to enjoy that. The royal party burst into applause after their Shotover Jet ride. "Thank you so much," said Kate. #royalvisitNZ

Prince William & Kate pose for a group pic before boarding the Shotover Jet in Queenstown. #RoyalVisitNZ pic.twitter.com/qCRsg4EqDk
Well they are still smiling after the jet has come back..... #william #katepic.twitter.com/2UsJV3McdN
— Rebecca English (@RE_DailyMail) April 13, 2014
They royal couple are in the second row-
The #royalvisitnz is getting a dose of adventure#Queenstown style pic.twitter.com/7Fk7jG0Wid
— Shotover Jet (@ShotoverJet) April 13, 2014

What's next on the royal visit:
"Kate and William will spend their first night away from baby Prince George tonight. They'll be reunited with George tomorrow afternoon after they spend time in Christchurch. William first visited the city not long after the devastating earthquake in 2011. The couple will on Monday pay their respects, with a visit to the CTV memorial park. They'll also attend a Cricket World Cup event, open a visitors centre in the Botanical Gardens, and visit the Air Force Museum at Wigram."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11232364

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-13-2014, 05:20 AM
Heir Apparent

And Kate is pregnant: So, William, are you firing the starting gun on baby number two? Prince drops biggest hint yet telling woman who made George's shawl: 'You might have to make another!' | Mail Online

Or will be and perhaps soon - maybe.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

What is the point of this tour again? To me it seems like another of their holidays with activities like whine tasting, rugby coaching, sailing etc etc. Is this qualified as 'work' or 'representing a country'?

And I dont get the talk about the big issue that the Cambridges are spending the night without George. They had no trouble to leave him behind when jetting to the Maldives.

To me its pure PR without substance, even more so that the British subjects have yet to see George in person (apart from him leaving the hospital after birth), they only get pictures from time to time because the kid's privacy is to be protected, yet W&K have no problems showing him around a couple of times during this prolonged vacation aka as official visit.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm fed up with speculations on a possible pregnancy!
1) William said that at the moment one is enough
2) She drank wine
3) She would'nt have done the shotover (The expert told that he has the duty to ask if there are some women pregnant aboard)
4) I think William meant that George is getting more and more bigger everyday, hence the shawl.
STOP IT :-)
Old 04-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Aristocracy

Apparently the woman who made the shawl actually said he said "sometime" and not "soon"...so that might mean he wants one for the next one.
I wouldn't use a shawl on a baby that wasn't a newborn, and I especially wouldn't use one on a boy George's size.
Don't understand how the reporters confused what she said.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Courtier

It's what reporters wanted to hear not what was actually said.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

If we believe the DM - the tour group took up two boats.

In this photo, Rebecca and the valet surround the royal couple?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...54_964x686.jpg

Did anyone ID other members of the party - or can you tell me if I am wrong or right?

EDIT: More on Shotover - I wondered at the Ngai Tahu connection. They bought an 80% stake in Shotover in 1999. There are rafting and jet boat operators elsewhere on the river - but only Shotover Jet in the Canyon.
http://www.shotoverjet.com/about/history/
Finally, Shania Twain's ex owns a lot of the land around the canyon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotover_River

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 04-13-2014, 09:24 AM
Aristocracy

It wasnt all of the royal party. I saw at least 2 elderly people, including one with a walking stick, get on board. They could be local officials but not members of the royal party.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
What is the point of this tour again? To me it seems like another of their holidays...
They are there because they were invited so they didn't initiate a "PR" exercise. Number of reasons for the tour -

1. Reinforces the link between the monarchy and New Zealand (generally and with formal events including investiture, mtg PM and Leader of Opposition)
2. Commemorative events linked to start of WWI - something NZ takes v seriously. This will be continued in Australia with ceremonies linked to ANZAC day)
3. Thank you to current members of the military
4. Highlight hospice movement - only in its early stages in NZ
5. Show NZ to the world. According to reports I've read NZ spend millions each year promoting their country in order to attract visitors. This tour has done that for something like 1/10th of the cost. This is important to the country.

Thousands of people have turned out on this tour so far. So it means something to New Zealanders.

EDIT: Forgot to add - the visit to Christchurch (2nd by William) to support and promote the work being done to restore the town after the earthquake in 2010
Old 04-13-2014, 10:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalDaisy View Post
It wasnt all of the royal party. I saw at least 2 elderly people, including one with a walking stick, get on board. They could be local officials but not members of the royal party.
Thanks. The GG site breifly noted local Ngai Tahuwere invited to be in the tour group. But as to who they were, ?

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 04-13-2014, 10:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
What is the point of this tour again? To me it seems like another of their holidays with activities like whine tasting, rugby coaching, sailing etc etc. Is this qualified as 'work' or 'representing a country'?

And I dont get the talk about the big issue that the Cambridges are spending the night without George. They had no trouble to leave him behind when jetting to the Maldives.

To me its pure PR without substance, even more so that the British subjects have yet to see George in person (apart from him leaving the hospital after birth), they only get pictures from time to time because the kid's privacy is to be protected, yet W&K have no problems showing him around a couple of times during this prolonged vacation aka as official visit.

They are getting to know a lot of organizations and activities in their host country. This tour was jointly organized with the NZ and Australian governments, so your beef is with them. This is the norm for British tours, so why all the fuss?
Old 04-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I'm fed up with speculations on a possible pregnancy!
1) William said that at the moment one is enough
2) She drank wine
3) She would'nt have done the shotover (The expert told that he has the duty to ask if there are some women pregnant aboard)
4) I think William meant that George is getting more and more bigger everyday, hence the shawl.
STOP IT :-)
I'm getting a little sick of them too. I remember that elsewhere on the internet, there were pregnancy speculations a while ago, when George was only six months or so. I personally think that it's too soon for Catherine to have another baby since George is only eight months, although it is possible as I used to know two sisters who were born eight or nine months apart from each other. Everyone used to think they were twins as they looked alike too. I remember that there was an article (I think in The Daily Mail) a few months ago saying that William and Catherine aren't going to have another baby just yet. IMO they will wait until George is around two or three years old.

Back to the tour, I love that photo of Catherine hugging the little girl and giving her a traditional Maori welcome. Very sweet.

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!

Tags
australia, cambridge, catherine, new zealand, william