The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-12-2014, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

I wonder if anybody (including the woman wearing them) even realized what the image on the leggings is from. The Daily Mail is hailing them as a show of patriotism, so I'm thinking no...

Old 04-12-2014, 03:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Whatever possessed that woman to wear those ridiculous leggings is beyond me, utterly pathetic IMO.
Which woman? Are you talking about the women wearing the Monarch butterfly outfits?

ETA, having now read wbenson's post, it seems there is another woman with noteworthy leggings. *off to hunt for woman in controversial leggings*

Old 04-12-2014, 03:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Which woman? Are you talking about the women wearing the Monarch butterfly outfits?

ETA, having now read wbenson's post, it seems there is another woman with noteworthy leggings. *off to hunt for woman in controversial leggings*
That would be this woman;
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...09_470x743.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...35_964x641.jpg

Who met Prince William wearing beige leggings with an image of The Queen in black with "God Save The Queen" written over the images mouth and eyes.

AKA The Sex Pistols album cover picture - http://www.eddielock.co.uk/img/produ...ag-004-166.jpg
Old 04-12-2014, 04:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh dear!

Perhaps she thinks they're patriotic!

I much prefer the women in the Monarch butterfly outfits which you can find at about :38 seconds into the video linked in Dman's post.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Okay, okay, I give up! Shoot me now, but the only 'whatever possessed her' I can think of is Catherine and her skinny jeans/jeggings. The others were merely amusing, those are not. If another teenaged relly tells me how great her "thigh gap" is I am going to scream!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...87_964x648.jpg

Not quite sure what the guy in the background is, not even sure I'd like to know, but he sure is novel.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Courtier

George is really cleaning up...saw where he got another present, a nice bike!

LaRae
Old 04-12-2014, 08:03 AM
Serene Highness

Can I say that I disliked this dress? Too "old" and baggy for her and IMO it didn't suit her... I haven't seen great dresses so far :-(
Old 04-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Courtier

Well turns out the 'dress' is a coat..and she had a spring like dress underneath it. I have really liked her style of dressing for this tour...better than previously.

LaRae
Old 04-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

Not quite sure what the guy in the background is, not even sure I'd like to know, but he sure is novel.
I believe he's supposed to be the Mad Hatter. The little tea party inside had an Alice In Wonderland theme.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

He's the Mad Hatter - Alice in Wonderland theme - but scary! The whole thing was a little over the top - theme wise (not content wise). Entrance to the Wonderland; https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk-19o1CcAAnzT_.jpg

Fun pics from Twitter:George's Avani shirt https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk_W4Z0CUAAKJqO.jpg

William impersonating Stan Laurel: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlAzGvQCQAEsMnm.png
Old 04-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks AdmirerUS & cinrit

I must confess I've never seen Alice in Wonderland, so the majority of the figures are unknown to me.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Courtier

So sad ... Catherine has returned to wearing her hair all over her face. Why? She looked so elegant and neat the other day. :(
Old 04-12-2014, 09:45 AM
Majesty

Videos:
Kate and William Wow The Crowds In Cambridge-
Sky's Paul Harrison takes a look at the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's tour of New Zealand so far with royal reporters from the Daily Mirror and the Sun-
Kate and William Wow The Crowds In Cambridge

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Gentry

I do not know who else agrees but he looks very much like his Dad. Especially in the eyes.

The Duke
Old 04-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow, that's quite the mad Hatter! Love that picture of Kate with the kids though. The mad Hatter looked to be one of the children dressed up, and I think one of the reasons he looked so intimidating was his disability. He couldn't help it or mean to of course. But I've worked with children like that. And often times when nonverbal children get excited, they look like that, and can be somewhat intimidating.
Yep, they went all out. But, I say when you got a duchess visiting, go big or go home!
William impersonating Stan Laurel - whoever Stan Laurel is was hilarious.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy: http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...8-1200-897.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofMontpelier View Post
I do not know who else agrees but he looks very much like his Dad. Especially in the eyes.

The Duke
Absolutely. No doubt who dad is.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Another day, another dazzling designer outfit for the Duchess of Cambridge.
But Saturday's $3,000 wool-crepe Allie coat by Turkish-English label Erdem wasn't Prince William's cup of tea.
The Duchess told Hamilton local Evie Hayes, 68, who admired her outfit: 'I like it but William thinks it is a bit bright.'
The Duchess of Cambridge dazzles in green Erdem, but William thinks it's 'a bit bright' | Mail Online

Quote:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were greeted by some of the biggest crowds of their tour to New Zealand today.
More than 15,000 people turned out to greet the royal couple in Cambridge - a town where the entire population is just 18,000.
And while all were dazzled by the Duchess, who was wearing a stunning green Erdem coat, she admitted that her own husband wasn't a fan.
Duchess of Cambridge reveals Prince George's pretend driving license | Mail Online

Moderators, if you feel that the first article is more suited to Catherine's fashion thread, then please feel free to move.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 04-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

George looks like Kate and even her dad. He also has dark eyes like her. The fact that his mom is 5'10 and his dad over 6 ft is probably why he seems so big.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Royal Highness

green elegance costume for beatiful Kate
Duke & Duchess of Cambridge: Trip to NZ and Australia, April 7-25 2014 | Selda Göktaş

Tags
australia, cambridge, catherine, new zealand, william